• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:52:19 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rider Inflections

Started by Lids, July 03, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lids

July 03, 2014, 03:54:33 AM Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:57:15 AM by Lids
https://www.youtube.com/v/cA1hKGVT7I4

A short clip, playing without L/R assist & F/B assist. Shows you how personal each rider may look from one person to the next.

Klax75

I only ever use manual rider. Feels weird if a sim doesn't have it. lol

Lids

Quote from: Klax75 on July 03, 2014, 04:08:11 AM
I only ever use manual rider. Feels weird if a sim doesn't have it. lol

This is the only bike game that has manual L/R lean that I  have played. I've struggled with it since X (ps3 controller) is my rear brake.

Klax75

99% of the time I never use the rear brake, maybe I should. lol :)

Vini

There are not enough buttons on the 360 pad to properly use the rear when everything is set to manual but to be honest I don't think you will gain much in terms of braking distance.

Lids

What button do you use for rear brake, and left to right lean?

Alby46

Quote from: vin97 on July 03, 2014, 02:54:40 PM
There are not enough buttons on the 360 pad to properly use the rear when everything is set to manual but to be honest I don't think you will gain much in terms of braking distance.
it helps a bit when braking with the front but in curves it helps a lot to adjust the line
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Klax75

My controller setup. Only thing I forgot to list is D-Pad up is for Tear Offs. Change camera view button I rarely use since I only ride in helmet view.

My Controller Setup: XBox360 Wired Controller.

I have slight deadzone's set for Clutch and Rear Brake so I don't hit them by mistake if I move forward or back when steering. I only ride in helmet view so I don't use the change view button much, if at all.

iVolution

Quote from: Alby46 on July 03, 2014, 05:03:51 PM
it helps a bit when braking with the front but in curves it helps a lot to adjust the line
Being able to adjust the line mid corner with the rear brake, makes it possible to brake later. I personally think it is so crucial to being fast, that not using it will prevent someone from getting even near the fastest times on most tracks

@Lids: your video does look really great with manual L/R lean, time for me to give it another try

Lids

Quote from: Klax75 on July 03, 2014, 08:08:58 PM
My controller setup. Only thing I forgot to list is D-Pad up is for Tear Offs. Change camera view button I rarely use since I only ride in helmet view.

My Controller Setup: XBox360 Wired Controller.

I have slight deadzone's set for Clutch and Rear Brake so I don't hit them by mistake if I move forward or back when steering. I only ride in helmet view so I don't use the change view button much, if at all.

You utilized your controller to the max, lol. Right on. Do you ever have a hard time using the clutch into or out of corners?

Alibaskins

False ^^ In fact it's very helpful at the end of the breaking distance and to adjust your lines as iVolution explained you.
Here, you can find a post on my blog about controllers configurations (in french, but pictures controlers are simples) : http://www.motonline-france.com/index.php?post/2014/06/28/Divers-Configuration-du-contr%C3%B4leur-pour-les-jeux-de-motos

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

HornetMaX

Quote from: iVolution on July 03, 2014, 09:44:00 PM
@Lids: your video does look really great with manual L/R lean, time for me to give it another try
+1
I started using manual lean L/R just before beta5 came out, and it's just too nice to watch ... I especially like "leaning" well before the turn, while braking: it looks like the rider is popping the knee out (OK, right now they pt the whole leg out, but ...).

With beta4 (as already reported) manual lean L/R also helped in some problematic corners (i.e. not leaning L/R to the max avoided falling).
Haven't tried beta5 enough to say if it's still the case.

MaX.

JJS209

i will try and change to klax's controllersetup to get slowy to manual leaning :) have an logitech F710. its hard to change the break- and throttlefingers to shifting and learn to do that with the middlefingers...

Vini

I have basically been using Klax' setup since I began GP Bikes and to properly use the rear brake independentaly from steering l/r you would need two more triggers for clutch and rear brake.

Klax75

Quote from: vin97 on July 05, 2014, 11:08:33 AM
I have basically been using Klax' setup since I began GP Bikes and to properly use the rear brake independentaly from steering l/r you would need two more triggers for clutch and rear brake.

I've been wishing for two more triggers myself, slightly inside middle but a little forward of the original triggers. That setup would be perfect. :)