• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Finally a simple hall sensor clutch

Started by doubledragoncc, May 05, 2022, 11:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

HI guys,

So....for years I wanted to have a simple hall sensor clutch, but because I need a design that is simple, robust and not ugly to start with and then must survive shipping and years of use it has taken a while to get it right. I am looking at making my own helicopter control system and was watchin a video and got an idea..........and it works. I took the principle as I have never really got it right with hall sensor setup but this video gave me an idea.

So, I am having trouble posting pics on the forum for some reason but got a video that shows the basics. I though I would share it so others can use the simple setup with the right cluch lever unit and N50 magnets and a hall sensor.

Leo Bodnar has the best price on the hall sensors and you can find the N50 8mmx5mm round magnets on ebay.

I use a certain design of lever sets and you can find them on ebay too.

Hope this helps someone out.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

May 05, 2022, 07:30:06 PM #1 Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 07:45:03 PM by Hawk
Interesting DD... Enjoyed watching that mate. 8)

Have you ever thought about making good quality flight joystick/throttle and rudder assemblies too for flight sim users?
The good quality flight control systems are ridiculously expensive, and the best systems have to be imported from the USA at obscene import duty and costs amounting to close to £100 on top of purchase price.

Sorry for going off topic..... Just a thought mate ;)

doubledragoncc

Hi Hawky,

I am planning to make cmy own collective, cyclic and rudder controls for helicopters as FS2020 is brill in VR and have a few choppers to play with lol.

Will be a while as need to sort out my motion system first now I finally have a hall sensor clutch, oh I need to make the steering hall sensor too but it is an east mod to my system.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

That sounds very interesting DD..... I'll be following your progress on that project closely, mate!  ;D  ;)  8)

You should try DCS World if you want some amazing action rather than a leisurely stroll through the park with FS2020... as they say..... What would you rather drive, an F1 car or a Moggy-Minor. Lols!! ;D  ;D

doubledragoncc

DCS is great but I dont like the visuals lol I really dont have time to use FS but love the visual experience and am jsut sticking with that for now but as I said it will be a while yet as bike system is priority.

DD

Hawk

May 06, 2022, 03:32:39 AM #5 Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 03:35:00 AM by Hawk
Okay DD.... Just keep us updated when you start, mate.  ;)  8)

I don't want to take away from the subject of your thread mate, just delete these last few posts if you want. ;)  8)

doubledragoncc

LOL Hawky

Highjack the thread as long as its controllers and sims its all good with me m8

DD

Spud

Hi DD
Ive been following your threads for a while now whilst making my own handlebar controller and this is a great idea.I have been using E-bike throttles with hall sensors for some time for my clutch and throttle cut in half and mounted into the bottom yoke of an FZR1000 but this still involves cables so this seems like a good way to remove some of these items.I was also going to use an E-bike throttle for the steering but havent yet as i want to keep my force feedback working as i currently have a Bodnar BU0836X for all my buttons etc linked to a Logitech Momo purely for the FF.Works great.
Thanks for the ideas often it seems like the simplest solution is the best but not always the easiest to figure out.

doubledragoncc

Thanks Spud,

Its so true, the simplist design is the hardest to find and dang it costs money lol.

If I can help I have so much stuff I dont use it may help you save money and work.

DD