• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:04:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

core.exe test track

Started by RBp, July 18, 2014, 07:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBp

July 18, 2014, 07:32:09 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:42:05 PM by RBp
This track has been made to test core.exe with track model.  It very basic.  What I have done is make a single large poly and paint a track on this poly, I have used only TRKASPH naming.i cant name the grass or three be more polys.  There can't be any bumps with single poly (can there?) and there cant be any holes with a single poly (can there?) I've included the 3dmax file and textures. there no dynamic surface either. It bare bone basic track, cant make it any simpler

People report core on all track made by all authors, including my tracks, this should be a conclusive test if it track models or a collsion code problem. there just simpley cant be mesh problem causing core.exe on a single poly, so it could be good test for future reference for track makers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/evn32nt783zvcpj/core.rar

If no one get a core there it has to be how the polys and quads are joined causing random core's, I don't think it possible to make  a good track without using mulit poly or quads,

Alone

Great! good idea, testing.....thanks

RBp

Would it be possible to for someone to host this track on a online server please as most core seem to happen online.

Hawk

Hi RBp.

An Interesting idea. ;)

I see where your coming from with this and the results will be interesting to see if we still get any core.exe crashes.

I'll give this a test and report back here.

Hawk.

Hawk

Hi RBp.

I finally managed to force a core.exe.

What I did was to not try and just ride around the track, but to purposely crash into the side walls as fast and as much as possible, and I got a core.exe(offline) when I crashed into the wall fast and head on(it didn't happen every time). Unfortunately I can't say exactly were on your test track it happened as there is no visual frame of reference to pin-point the exact place.

I would initially deduce from this that a problem(possibly not the only problem) could be in the "Collision Detection Routine" itself and not in the actual collision model data of "this" model object.

Anyone else had anything happen?

Hawk.

matty0l215

July 18, 2014, 09:29:00 PM #5 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:32:19 PM by matty0l215
I've got an "ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1" error after hitting the wall close to a corner of the walls. If i ALT+F4 i get a runtime error.

This is on a dedicated server with no one else online

Edit- I can also replicate it
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

most of my core.exe have been when somebody else joins or leaves an online server..

then some random core.exe whilst riding around the tracks..

could core.exe crash be connected with ping and connections aswell?

matty0l215

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2QJqeHsrH0

I actually hit the wall before the core crash but you get the idea

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 18, 2014, 10:55:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2QJqeHsrH0

I actually hit the wall before the core crash but you get the idea

Interesting circumstance.

I'm getting the feeling that it really is a problem with the collision detection routine rather than the actual collision data.

Hawk.

matty0l215

It seems to be worse if you get the bike to move a lot (like in the video) but it isn't impossible when stable. I must have forced at least 10-15 cores last night, some ODE error and some normal all doing the same thing.

RBp

sorry about the ODE errors,

The ODE error would be from the bike hitting a poly on the edge and not the face I think. I used the standered wall making device in 3dmax seems it not the best and leaves open edge's?

No one reported a core while riding around normally?

PeterV

Quote from: RBp on July 19, 2014, 07:09:38 AM
No one reported a core while riding around normally?

Lauched a dedi server and did 15 laps straight online, no core.exe (didn't hit anything or fell down)

Hawk

@RBP: Hi mate.

Did you come to any final conclusion from the test track feedback above?

From what I've read here, I would suggest that, at least, part of the core.exe problem is due to the way the tracks are built by the track authors and the way the separate object meshes are put together?

Maybe a further test now would be for a test track created with overlapping track mesh sections, and then another test with separate track surface mesh objects with slight gaps, and then another test would be for a track surface mesh with split verts.

Just some thoughts based on what I'd do if I were doing these tests.  ;)

Hawk.

PeterV

An oval with 2 chicanes as testtrack? in which on 1 chicane you do this and on chicane 2 do other thing you want to test. 2 tests done in one go  ;)

We also had very big problems on aragon gaps before, after mentioning that too Piboso he made the code less sensiteve to it. (dont know the tech stuff :P) If you ride on aragon now, you still see the (big) gaps between curbs and track or curbs and grass, they show as bigass black lines. But no core.exe like we had anymore since then.

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on October 03, 2014, 03:39:34 PM
An oval with 2 chicanes as testtrack? in which on 1 chicane you do this and on chicane 2 do other thing you want to test. 2 tests done in one go  ;)

We also had very big problems on aragon gaps before, after mentioning that too Piboso he made the code less sensiteve to it. (dont know the tech stuff :P) If you ride on aragon now, you still see the (big) gaps between curbs and track or curbs and grass, they show as bigass black lines. But no core.exe like we had anymore since then.

Good idea Peter... "Kill two birds with one stone" sort of thing.  8)

Sounds like Aragon needs a good servicing. Lol

Hawk.