• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:19 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

no sound

Started by tekniqs, August 04, 2014, 12:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekniqs

Anyone ever have  this bug? there's absolutely no sound coming from the game. No menu sound fx, no bike sounds, etc.

PeterV

No bug there, its you're end.

Hawk

Quote from: tekniqs on August 04, 2014, 12:44:07 AM
Anyone ever have  this bug? there's absolutely no sound coming from the game. No menu sound fx, no bike sounds, etc.

I've only had this happen once before and it wasn't a fault in GPBikes, it was simply that my sound drivers hadn't loaded properly when I booted up my PC(I never found out why), but I simply shut down my PC(not "Restart"), waited for 30 secs - 1 min, rebooted my PC and it sorted the problem out for me. I've never had a recurrence of the problem since.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Also, be sure to allow OpenAL installation when you install GPB.

MaX.

tekniqs

pretty weird cuz I can play music while the game is running and have it play in the background. .

Arvoss

Make sure the GP Bikes volume is not 0 ;)

tekniqs

lol I've check. Master volume in settings right? unless there's another option I'm not seeing...

WALKEN

Do you get sound when you go to say Youtube?  Is this for certain only happening with GPBikes?

Do you have a headset plugged in sitting idle?
Help me, help you!

tekniqs

ya man, it only happens with gpbikes. I have sound with everything else.

just did another fresh install.

WALKEN

August 06, 2014, 04:05:14 AM #9 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:13:53 AM by WALKEN
When you installed GPBikes you come to a point where you need to install OpenAL. Was this checked off?

Also once in the game menu select "misc" and make sure the 3 volumes are at 100%

Also more detail is needed to assist you?
Help me, help you!

tekniqs

Yep, I let the AL installer Install (it was checked, should it be unchecked?)..registered URL protocol with gp bikes.  All 3 volume sliders are at 100%.  I installed the game as admin and fire up the game as admin.
What other details would you guys need? I'm running onboard sound (no dedicated sound card) but it's never given me problems with other games.

PeterV

Have you checked this? (launch GPBikes first)
System tray loudspeaker -> Mixer

WALKEN

Quote from: tekniqs on August 06, 2014, 03:38:23 PM
Yep, I let the AL installer Install (it was checked, should it be unchecked?)..registered URL protocol with gp bikes.  All 3 volume sliders are at 100%.  I installed the game as admin and fire up the game as admin.
What other details would you guys need? I'm running onboard sound (no dedicated sound card) but it's never given me problems with other games.

Are you running Windows 7?    Try unchecking OpenAL on a fresh install to see if that works? Just trouble shooting...  It should be checked and installed but maybe your system is having a disagreement with OpenAL?

Besides that I would go to my control panel and check all my sound settings to double check everything... Not to say you haven't but from this end there is no knowing what is really going on...

Sound has never been and issue on GPBikes for me on XP/Win7 and even Linux...
Help me, help you!

janaucarre

Hello,
sorry if you have done that but have you tried to launch the  game as administrator and not?
If you need more help we can contact us by skype with screen sharing. PM me in this case.

PeterV

Quote from: janaucarre on August 06, 2014, 06:24:55 PM
Hello,
sorry if you have done that but have you tried to launch the  game as administrator and not?
If you need more help we can contact us by skype with screen sharing. PM me in this case.
Cough ;)
Quote from: tekniqs on August 06, 2014, 03:38:23 PM
Yep, I let the AL installer Install (it was checked, should it be unchecked?)..registered URL protocol with gp bikes.  All 3 volume sliders are at 100%. I installed the game as admin and fire up the game as admin.