• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Skeet skeet Brno 1000cc race

Started by Stout Johnson, August 12, 2014, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuovaic

Quote from: PeterV on August 17, 2014, 01:55:09 PM
Quote from: nuovaic on August 17, 2014, 01:15:19 PM
Is it too late to jump in? Wife changed her mind about going out tonight ::)
I been using GP12, Cal's skin.

I put you on whitelist Nuovaic you can enter server.

Ps, you want cals skin with youre number? #53?

Thanks Peter!
Yeah, 53 would be good but how? - You know me, useless. I thought Cal's 35 was as close as I could get, just reversed ;)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: LOOPATELI on August 17, 2014, 02:19:49 PM
Quote from: LOOPATELI on August 17, 2014, 01:50:54 PM
I'll use murusama 2003 or whatever is called xD
Helmet Arai with tito rabat skin
Bike skin not decided yet i'll tell you later
I'll use Guy Martin #8 skin. If you dont have it I'll post a dropbox link

cool cool - pls post it as not everybody has it for sure ;)

@Nuovaic: Nice you are onboard for this mate!

@Peter: very nice skin!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Desteban

PeterV

August 17, 2014, 03:27:00 PM #64 Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:22:07 PM by PeterV
Nuovaic #53
Helmet: Arai RX-7 GP Cal Crutchlow

>>> Ducati GP12 Nuovaic <<<

Rodrigovis

end of the race on the first lap ....
unfortunately falls into the end of the lap and the bike hit me and threw off the track falling into a bottomless pit .... hahahaha ...
please if you can send the replay of the race, or the first lap :)

janaucarre

End of the race in the 10th lap after multiple falls, the crash came.
2 or three laps without laptime like a server crash.
the laptime come back in my 10th lap.
After 3 laps i put off the sound, impossible to hear my motor, that´s very hard t play without sound and onboard view.
Great race guys thank you all:).
I want to see the start it was so powerful.

PeterV

Quote from: Rodrigovis on August 17, 2014, 08:13:05 PM
end of the race on the first lap ....
unfortunately falls into the end of the lap and the bike hit me and threw off the track falling into a bottomless pit .... hahahaha ...

That was my bike in the 1st. lap rodrigo, out of my hands literally  ;D

I had a bad start for the first 4-5 laps falling everylap, but after that got used too it.
End enjoyed cockpit view on the Ducati 996R.

I believe we had no Core.exe, server was smooth yet again.
We had some reports of not counted laps, what the reason is is not sure we might wanna check
the replay for illegal pieces of track that where beeing used, thats a suspicion, not proven yet.

Stout Johnson

Sooooo, overall nice event. Unfortunately, Janau and Loop had some laps not counted - very sorry for you guys!  :-[
Janau, can you please report what happened exactly. We need to dig into this. In all likelihood it is track related. So we need to get this sorted.

Otherwise not a single core crash or lag! ("no dynamic surface" probably the way to go at the moment)

Otherwise nice event. Hats off to Desteban who raced with a sore hand (wanker! :P). Also hats off to John who, in addition to mandatory onboard view raced with manual lean (will need to give this a test myself also).

Thank you everybody for participating. Big thanks to dibu for providing the server and big thanks to Peter who helped me manage this event! Thanks also to Hawk_UK who helped getting the no dynamic surface version of Brno.

More events to follow....  :)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: janaucarre on August 17, 2014, 08:38:37 PM
End of the race in the 10th lap after multiple falls, the crash came.
2 or three laps without laptime like a server crash.
the laptime come back in my 10th lap.
After 3 laps i put off the sound, impossible to hear my motor, that´s very hard t play without sound and onboard view.
Great race guys thank you all:).
I want to see the start it was so powerful.

Sorry to hear that buddy! Reason? We will check replay - maybe that gives a clue - most likely just some weird coincidence. Hope you are in for possible further events though ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 17, 2014, 08:43:18 PM
Sooooo, overall nice event. Unfortunately, Janau and Loop had some laps not counted - very sorry for you guys!  :-[
Janau, can you please report what happened exactly. We need to dig into this. In all likelihood it is track related. So we need to get this sorted.
It happened multiple times in the italian championship: all the cases we investigated (many) were definitely not due to people cutting checkpoints and it happened on multiple tracks ... looks like the server from time to time goes nuts on a player and misses a lap.

Side note: with the export of the race result it is usually possible to reconstruct the right classification (i.e. counting the laps as they should have been).

MaX.

Hawk

Hi guys.

I'm really looking forward to watching the replay of this event.  ;D

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 18, 2014, 07:24:31 AM
Hi guys.

I'm really looking forward to watching the replay of this event.  ;D

Hawk.

Yeah me too .... Unfortunately the auto-save of the replay and the export of the results did not happen. Apparently, if after the event a new session is started before 6 mins have passed the auto-save and auto-export are skippeed by the server. As far as I remember, we were discussing the race and what happened to everybody (esp. Loop's and Janau's mishap with the laps not being counted properly). Someone apparently feared that the discussion would be cut short by the server auto-emptying - so someone decided to start a poll for new practice. This poll was accepted by majority and as it apparently happened before 6mins passed, we neither have results nor replay :/

@all participants: Did someone save the replay and/or results? If so, can someone please upload it? It would be very much appreciated.

@dibu: Is there a server option that a new session after the race can only be started by admin? Or even better: Would it be possible to always force-save the result and force-export the results no matter what happens after the event?

dibu

Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 18, 2014, 07:56:06 AM
@dibu: Is there a server option that a new session after the race can only be started by admin? Or even better: Would it be possible to always force-save the result and force-export the results no matter what happens after the event?

In dedicated.ini it's possible to disable polls. If set to 1 only the admin is able to start a new session.

polls_disable = 1

The time the server waits until it writes the results/replay is defined here:

restart_delay = 360; = 6 minutes in your dedicated.ini

Maybe a bit long, I usually set it to 180 sec but it depends on your preferences.

You can't force the server to write result at any time. The results are only written after the end of the race plus the restart_delay time. If something unexpected happens before this point is reached all results are lost.

Sorry for the results/replay of this race  :(

Stout Johnson

Quote from: dibu on August 18, 2014, 08:31:01 AM
You can't force the server to write result at any time. The results are only written after the end of the race plus the restart_delay time. If something unexpected happens before this point is reached all results are lost.

Sorry for the results/replay of this race  :(

Well, totally my bad dibu. It was my first event, and probably also some unlikely behaviour to have people voting for a practice after 45 mins of racing ;) Thank you for your advice mate!  :)

Quote from: dibu on August 18, 2014, 08:31:01 AM
The time the server waits until it writes the results/replay is defined here:

restart_delay = 360; = 6 minutes in your dedicated.ini

so if I set restart_delay = 0 --> wouldn't that be close to a force-export of results?