• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 03, 2015, 09:05:52 PM
Nice one  :) good track? Never been..

Crashed in the wet last week so no pics from me  ::) ;D

Short and simple but good fun, easy to have a battle with people :)

Already got next years spot reserved ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

EdouardB

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 03, 2015, 09:05:52 PM
Nice one  :) good track? Never been..

Crashed in the wet last week so no pics from me  ::) ;D

Hey Bob,

Folembray was the track where I learned to ride so I'm familiar with the place - haven't been there in 3 or 4 years though (wonder what my time would be now).

The track itself is short and simple like matty said, I liked the place, it has a few fast turns and what I like most is the atmosphere around the track, it's pretty quiet when no bike is running (it's more or less surrounded by a forest).

Matty, going from 1'10 to 1'04 is a good progression! If you want to gain more time, the part where you can make a big difference is the entire "uphill" part - so make sure you exit the right/left before the straight really nicely, then before the fast uphill left, try to shift before you make the turn - you can accelerate some more after that turn, and in the chicane after that, try to accelerate before the hairpin ;)

There's plenty of grip so don't worry about it too much :P

matty0l215

Im flat out on the 675 on the first left, which is 3rd (if you can even call it a corner :P) but lift off on the right hand apex (did leave it a bit later a couple of times but that chicane came up very fast and i needed to ride the bike home) and i'm hitting around 120 mph before breaking.

I'm amazed with my progression since last year and i'm now faster than my dad on his 1199 so...  ;D

EdouardB

Your gearing is stock then?
With one tooth shorter gearing I used to be flat out in 4th in that turn - it is a turn, anyone at a minute or under can put their knee on the ground there (be careful though cause your knee will be on the grass :P)
The last few times I went there a friend running 54sec on a 600 told me to shift to 5th before the left and it was better, because in fourth you're at a really high RPM (almost rev limiter).

With your gearing I say shift to 4th right before the left turn.

For the chicane entrance I was always in 3rd (the chicane does come up surprisingly fast) and then back to 2nd for hairpin. Then 3rd out of the hairpin, rev limiter before the downhill chicane, then 4th, 5th, and back to 2nd.

At the braking point before the chicane the max I had on my dash speed was about 232 km/h but the reading is false because of the gearing - real speed about 210/215 = a good 130 mph. The guys that are faster than me go even faster there, I think that's one of the key spots. I got stuck on 1'02 for a while and my instructor told me it's easy to gain time at the uphill left and the chicane.

EdouardB

But really congrats on your progression :) it's like any sport, the more you practice, the better you get! :)

EdouardB

Good riders go about 10/20 km/h faster in the uphill section compared to the downhill part :)

matty0l215

https://youtu.be/tBn6cfw9erI

I was faster than this in earlier sessions but got told to slow down as I was overtaking a bit close to people. Which is fine for me as it wasn't really a track day but an advance riding corse (yearly thing by euro trax and ELAM) so it wasn't about flat out speed. I'm getting high 1:06 in most of this footage.

matty0l215

Quote from: EdouardB on August 05, 2015, 07:54:43 AM
Your gearing is stock then?
With one tooth shorter gearing I used to be flat out in 4th in that turn - it is a turn, anyone at a minute or under can put their knee on the ground there (be careful though cause your knee will be on the grass :P)
The last few times I went there a friend running 54sec on a 600 told me to shift to 5th before the left and it was better, because in fourth you're at a really high RPM (almost rev limiter).

With your gearing I say shift to 4th right before the left turn.

For the chicane entrance I was always in 3rd (the chicane does come up surprisingly fast) and then back to 2nd for hairpin. Then 3rd out of the hairpin, rev limiter before the downhill chicane, then 4th, 5th, and back to 2nd.

At the braking point before the chicane the max I had on my dash speed was about 232 km/h but the reading is false because of the gearing - real speed about 210/215 = a good 130 mph. The guys that are faster than me go even faster there, I think that's one of the key spots. I got stuck on 1'02 for a while and my instructor told me it's easy to gain time at the uphill left and the chicane.

Good to know. I'm back there next year (same weekend :P) so I'll remember for then :)

I didn't have sliders on so I wasn't trying to get my knee down but I was getting close on the first and last bends. Hardest part now is the hairpin (well hardest corner now) the rest I'm really starting to like.

EdouardB

I crashed at the hairpin so can't give you much advice there :P - nice video by the way! Love the 3 cylinder sound. Also, you're in 4th for the left, aren't you?

matty0l215

Quote from: EdouardB on August 05, 2015, 03:16:35 PM
I crashed at the hairpin so can't give you much advice there :P - nice video by the way! Love the 3 cylinder sound. Also, you're in 4th for the left, aren't you?

Umm... i might have been a few times. I was definitely in 3rd on my faster times :)

Part of the training sessions was getting us to only use 2 gears (2nd and 3rd on the 675) and trying not to break (use engine breaking and knowing when to roll off) so I got used to pinning it in 3rd waiting for the rev limiter and then it was time to roll off and get ready to break for the chicane. Not the best thing for the bike i know but it certainly made me a lot smoother.

matty0l215

And on another note- I got my SV back from some tweeking by Seastar Superbike  ;D

71bhp out of a standard SV is pretty good with only a full exhaust system and a K&N air filter :D

Patrick

3 laps at Padborg Park with me.  8) GPS Data isn`t correct, cause it was recorded with iphone onboard sensors.
https://youtu.be/RFk4vibp6sk

matty0l215

Quote from: Patrick on August 24, 2015, 01:24:44 PM
3 laps at Padborg Park with me.  8) GPS Data isn`t correct, cause it was recorded with iphone onboard sensors.
https://youtube.com/v/RFk4vibp6sk

Very Nice mate :D

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Desteban

A bit of Hockenheim, short version.

https://youtube.com/v/-4MbWRswNzs

I know still a lot room for improvment but was the only time I had a cam with me yet.

On a sidenote, I will be getting a PC next month, propably. So not too long until I will be back playing GPbikes  8)