• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:52:58 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Quote from: Boerenlater on August 01, 2017, 03:37:22 PM
Is your new Moto3 bike faster than your old 125? Does it turn better?

I raced 125GP in 2009-2011, then moto3 in 2012-2013.

But the moto3 i will race now this year is a bit faster than the Moto3 i raced in 2013 yes. It has a few better engine parts, a better ECU and it have a slightly modified frame that makes the rear a tad taller. beside that suspension is the newer moto3 öhlins but almost same as i had on both the old moto3 and 125GP and brakes are more or less the same :)

So yeah all in all it should be a bit faster and i should be able to do new PB laptimes now ;) but 3 years off the bike, there is some rust to knock off before i can go fast :D

And the Moto3 have a different handling as it is 4 stroke and a bit heavier than a 125GP, you have a bit of engine braking helping stopping the bike and keeping the line. but they are turning about equally good.
Meyer#12

Nicotine

GP-Bikes Indonesia

Joeski

August 10, 2017, 10:38:12 AM #512 Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:32:14 PM by Joeski
Some cracking shots/vids guys, kept me well entertained browsing through this morning! Great to see we have our own "proper" racer as well in Meyer, looking good buddy i'll deffo keep my eyes peeled for your name in the future  8)

I've been wobbling around tracks for a few years now on my trusty 05 R6 (I notice GPB still needs one developing btw ;) ) I tried my hand at a couple of club rookie races in 2013 but then a career change meant I only just managed to keep my bike let alone race her...but now things are becoming a little more stable and i'm getting in a few more trackdays this year, I'm hoping to complete a full rookie season next year...I won't be competetive like some of the guys here, but it's an addiction that needs fuelling, even if I'm stone dead last!

Here's a few pics:

First ever trackday, guess the track:

First ever race:

Calm the nerves with a pre-race chicken dance  ???

Trip to Cartagena in 2016 - gutted not to get my elbow down lol:

I've only managed to get to Oulton and Rockingham so far this year but hoping to squeeze in a Donington, Silverstone and Brands in prep for next year so at least I know which way to leave the pits - unlike my first try of GPB!

We should try getting a GPB trackday organised!  8)
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

matty0l215

Quote from: matty0l215 on July 26, 2017, 09:23:17 PM
]

New addition to the Daytona ;D
Remeber this?

Look more like this now...

Lowside or the peg touched the floor, can't quite tell.

And it looks a lot worse than it actually is. Mainly fairing and exhaust damage. Zero damage to frame, tank, engine or tail unit etc

Walked away and rode the bike home so not all bad ::)

By the way, Joeski, I can't see any of your pictures, photobucket isn't displaying them...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

A pal had the same quite a while ago: he transformed his daytona into a naked, probably well before naked bikes were en vogue :)

tchemi

Damned Matty !!

Hopefully you are OK. I know, everybody says this and this can feel stupid, but sincerly, glad to know that you are OK ! I know what it is to hug the tarmac, and I think we are a lot here.
Be strong, the biggest injury might only be the self estime.

matty0l215

Thanks guys :D

This was done on a track by the way. I slid no more than 15 meters and most of that was into a gravel trap with the bike on top of me (Keeping it off of the floor saved most of the bike damage).

Considering an an incident that happened on the same corner with the same fall and on another daytona the year previous, the whole right hand side of his bike was trashed inculding a knock in the tank which meant a new one was needed. I got away very lightly! :o

Only the second session of the day as well but i did get out later in the day ;D

Boerenlater

To level out the playing field, force Meyer and co. to use the CBR250 with 5 liters of fuel.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

matty0l215

A forum track day you say... im up for that  ;D

tchemi

Quote from: Boerenlater on August 11, 2017, 09:56:15 AM
To level out the playing field, force Meyer and co. to use the CBR250 with 5 liters of fuel.

Wrong topic ?  :P :D

Boerenlater

Quote from: tchemi on August 11, 2017, 12:53:59 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on August 11, 2017, 09:56:15 AM

Wrong topic ?  :P :D
Yes, should have been posted in the 250cc race thread.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Joeski

OK, 2nd time lucky - bloody photobucket wants me to pay to share images now?! jogon!

Damn Matty, never nice to see a bruised bike but glad to hear you're ok - is the scorpian still ok for use?? Which track was that at?
Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

matty0l215

Much better with the pictures :D

Cans f'ed unfortunetly but i have a cunning plan!

Track was Folembray. Lovley little track in northern france :)

Hawk

Quote from: Joeski on August 11, 2017, 01:34:53 PM
OK, 2nd time lucky - bloody photobucket wants me to pay to share images now?! jogon!

Give "Flickr" a try.... Very easy to upload and share pics.  ;)

Hawk.

JJS209

Khalil Gibran  (*6. January 1883 - †10. April 1931)