• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

My latest MotoGP thoughts: Silverstone vs Circuit of Wales

Started by davidboda46, August 29, 2014, 04:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

PeterV

Very well written David, i totally agree with what you are  saying, come on 6000 jobs are to be there when the project is up and running? very very optimistic, mis calculation for sure.

HornetMaX

I stopped trying to understand the logic of race venues selection (motogp and f1) ...

I'm not a romantic, if I had to scratch silverstone (or monza) for a good reason, I wouldn't hesitate a second. But then ...

Also, who cares about going to an actual racetrack when you can watch it from home (assuming you purchase the tv pack that also includes x-factor and groenland got talent) ? :)

Anyway, you can always see the glass half full: in f1 the situation is even worse than in motogp :)

MaX.

RBp

Group4 security advistised for 500 postions for the motogp event alone,  Start putting in programmes sales, gate staff, pit girls, trade venders, food venders, marshals, little pickers, toilet cleaners, police, ambulance, fire, admin, website designers, plus all the race team staff who will be employed for that weekend 4000-6000 people don't seem to unrealistic

HornetMaX

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 30, 2014, 08:30:14 AM
May be, but surely not full time.

MaX.
Yeah that was my point, 4000-6000 jobs for only a weekend. Nice for the people concerned ofc. But in no way a reason to justify the large amounts of cash spend on such a project.
Which will or will not survive with the grace of Dorna in time. If something better (more lucrative) comes a  long you can piss off basicly.

RBp

I don't think the people involve are nieve enough to think that 6000 people will be employed full time at the track, If the track get built then it will survive with or with out dorna,  Motorsport very popular in the UK and most tracks are booked up for events 7 days a week,

280 mil sounds like a lot of money to invest but long term 10/20/30/40 years it a pretty  sound investment for the country with all the visitors spending money in the local area.

It possible it will fail as with any business idea,

losing Silverstone not great and I would rather see a British GP at silverstone and a Wales GP.  Spain have 1/3 of the motogp rounds and that not right really even if it does produce some of the best tracks and riders.

PeterV

Quote from: RBp on August 30, 2014, 05:29:08 PM
losing Silverstone not great and I would rather see a British GP at silverstone and a Wales GP.  Spain have 1/3 of the motogp rounds and that not right really even if it does produce some of the best tracks and riders.

that would be a good idea, not loosing silverstone, shame really another 1 of the long and highspeed circuits lost, shame shame.

HornetMaX

Spain has decent weather: hitting a half-sunny day in UK is like getting the little green number on a roulette :P

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 30, 2014, 08:33:12 PM
Spain has decent weather: hitting a half-sunny day in UK is like getting the little green number on a roulette :P

MaX.

Lol.... A very apt description of British weather there Max! Hehe

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 30, 2014, 09:11:14 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 30, 2014, 08:33:12 PM

Lol.... A very apt description of British weather there Max! Hehe

Speaking after 11 months of personal experience :)

MaX.