• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:57:56 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Somebody Assen NDS dropbox link

Started by LOOPATELI, August 30, 2014, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

August 31, 2014, 01:27:33 PM #15 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:32:52 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: malve on August 31, 2014, 12:13:10 PM
@ Klax , Hawk

What Browser you use?

I dont get any popups too.

Using FF with Adblock and your internet is Popup-free =)

greetz

I use all three(IE/Firefox and Chrome depending on which is best for the job required).

The thing that is very important for creating a database for this kind of thing is:

• Storage space(Current space required is at least 10+GB and growing fast)
  • Download bandwidth(Unlimited needed, or at least a relatively quick reset of bandwidth when max bandwidth reached, as is the case with MEGA's 10GB bandwidth limit reset after 30 mins)
  • Ability to create a database file system
  • Ability to share both folder links and file links to public
  • Ability to be able to move/delete and create folders within folders of the database
  • No time limits for file/folder storage
  • No Advertisement banners or pop-ups(These irritate the user immensely)
  • No Capetcha authorisation before downloads, especially while downloading multiple files

Storage providers that don't fulfil these requirements are a non starter in my opinion.

Hawk.

PS: In my experience, pop-up blockers can in some cases interfere with the operation of some software, I therefore never use them and shouldn't need to. If everyone boycotted sites that use pop-up adverts then pop-up adverts wouldn't exist. I don't use toolbar add-ons either for the same reasons.  :P :)

janaucarre

OK, now all is clear klax, i don't will make a mediafire account.
I use adblock because without that i never do no more internet:)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 31, 2014, 01:27:33 PM
PS: In my experience, pop-up blockers can in some cases interfere with the operation of some software, I therefore never use them and shouldn't need to. If everyone boycotted sites that use pop-up adverts then pop-up adverts wouldn't exist. I don't use toolbar add-ons either for the same reasons.  :P :)
Any decent ad blocker can be easily configured to whitelist some sites (the sites he can create troubles with).

That said, I think I've been using ad-blockers for more than 8 years and I still have to find a situation in which it causes troubles. Most of the time, even legitimate web-sites should just avoid pop-ups: they are annoying even when legitimate, it's just a lazy way to put an important (supposedly) message in front of you.

MaX.

GhostdogNL

question ... 8) why is there the old assen circuit and not the recent on of the last 10 years ?

LOOPATELI

i think it's because the new one is shit in comparison with the old one

BOBR6 84

id like to see the old version remain but updated with camber!  8)

thats why assen is so good!!

RBp

girlracerTracey

That's such a shame. The old Assen without camber is a "sanitised" Assen. It's not really Assen in truth. That is a great shame. I l adore the old classic Van Drenthe circuit but the new one is still a decent and enjoyable circuit. Both are good in their own ways for me..

grT

RBp

I never converted Assen, it was done by whit and Nak, I just did a surface smoothing job and a bit of an update. There is camber on the track but past a certain point the rider wont remount, Whit and Nak were probably the first and best modders for the game adding bikes and tracks with none of the modding tools that people use now so I normally listen to whitham advice first,  Adding bikes and tracks a lot easyer now with all these EDF/map/trp exports