• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Rear brake

Started by BOBR6 84, September 09, 2014, 11:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Are you saying you think the rear brake is spot on in gpbikes?

JJS209

no, i am saying that its totaly worse im comparison with the real life. it has 300% effect in GPB.

WALKEN

So your saying the rear brakes in GPBikes are way stronger than on a real life motorcycle?  Which bike in real life with what engine and type of brake, carbon or steel? I have never had the pleasure to ride Rossi's Honda NSR500 so I couldn't tell you how it compares in real life but I could in  GPBikes but once again that would be a faults opinion as I have nothing to compare.   

I never quite could understand the logic of reality vs virtual, the variables are so great that it comes down to physics to create the reality of a simulation parallel to reality in itself. 

The distance is the interaction between you and the equipment.

Lets face it, at best you are using a remote control to drive a virtual bike on a virtual track hence RC racing  IMO...  There are no proper simulated bike controllers to take advantage of Piboso's simulation atm... Also simulation would mean 100% first person pov where as most people use 3rd person...

Even if the physics are perfect vs reality I still think you can manipulate setting etc to make for a faster way around the track due to lack of proper equipment to mirror the simulation itself hence the conclusion of ideas and thoughts/feelings of right and wrong. 

Head tracking/rider movement  virtual reality full on bike controller similar to F1  wheels /pedals etc then maybe we can discuss what is real or feels real oppose to reality in a virtual sense.  Make sense?   

Billiards is simple to simulate physics wise but you'll never truly be able to manipulate or articulate your shots due to the lack of not having a pool stick in your hand, but that doesn't mean that the physics are off.

One huge factor in virtual reality is no resistance.   
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

Great read walken! I fully understand and agree with what your saying!

I guess all the tools are there in GPB. I could simply not use the rear brake or even configure the brake to have little impact when I press the button..

I guess GPB is a simulator so its down to us to ride/control the bike in a realistic way..

Trouble is.. The competative side in me wants to get around the track as fast as possible.. Iv found that hammering the rear brake hear there and everywhere really helps me get around the track much faster than without using it.

So all im saying is I dont like the fact that it allows me to do that!

I wouldnt say its a physics problem but more to do with the control input.

Id like to see the rear brake restricted as to what it can do! Because at the moment I use the rear brake everywhere to help me turn, in all situations.. Which I think is unrealistic!

BOBR6 84

Man.. This is gettin heavy!! Haahahaha  ;D

WALKEN

in GP1 it was all rear brake (0 rear brake). Slam and drag to apex, double tap and slide on exit.  It was fact that this approach was fastest.

I always tried to make the developers understand that simulating a RC motorcycle would make for a perfect combination of  virtual reality and game pad..  Due to the fact that a proper bike simulation controller does not exist the game pad is closest to a RC controller and for the most part people run 3rd person, again hence RC simulation not reality.

My main mission at the launch of any bike game was to find the fastest way to set it up or trick it some how unnatural to get faster laps. Running these arcade offerings actually ruined me as a sim rider due to climbing the leader boards... But as I mentioned I believe the right way to simulate that approach is to simulate an RC vehicle. 

But in relation to Piboso's simulation I really feel you need a proper controller with motion tracking etc to feel the real effects of the programing?       
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Just a thought on this subject.....

Maybe the difference in GPB beta5/b is that at this time you can use the rear brake to pull you round a corner, but at the same time it slows you down compared to real life motogp "rear wheel steer" round a corner which maintains a higher speed through the corners. Does this make sense?

What I'm saying is that I suspect that if in real life motogp, rear wheel steer wasn't possible, then real life motogp riders would probably be using the same rear wheel braking technique to pull the bike through the corners as some of you faster GPB guys are and have been doing...... This is just a thought that came to mind, but it seems to make sense... well it makes sense to me. Lol  :P

Hawk.

JJS209

September 11, 2014, 10:13:24 PM #37 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:16:01 PM by JJS209
Quote from: WALKEN on September 11, 2014, 09:18:29 PM
So your saying the rear brakes in GPBikes are way stronger than on a real life motorcycle?  Which bike in real life with what engine and type of brake, carbon or steel? I have never had the pleasure to ride Rossi's Honda NSR500 so I couldn't tell you how it compares in real life but I could in  GPBikes but once again that would be a faults opinion as I have nothing to compare.   
yes im saying that the rear brakes in gpbikes are stronger than in real life, maybe not stronger but the effect is bigger.
and it was a yamaha r6 rj15 ('06-today).steel... lol

WALKEN

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 11, 2014, 10:13:11 PM

Maybe the difference in GPB beta5/b is that at this time you can use the rear brake to pull you round a corner, but at the same time it slows you down compared to real life motogp "rear wheel steer" round a corner which maintains a higher speed through the corners. Does this make sense?

What I'm saying is that I suspect that if in real life motogp, rear wheel steer wasn't possible, then real life motogp riders would probably be using the same rear wheel braking technique to pull the bike through the corners as some of you faster GPB guys are and have been doing...... This is just a thought that came to mind, but it seems to make sense... well it makes sense to me. Lol  :P

Hawk.

Exploiting a loophole is a rule of thumb for any pro in any instance  ;)    unless otherwise arranged, its near impossible to have a even playing field.   
Help me, help you!

WALKEN

Quote from: JJS209 on September 11, 2014, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on September 11, 2014, 09:18:29 PM
yes im saying that the rear brakes in gpbikes are stronger than in real life, maybe not stronger but the effect is bigger.
and it was a yamaha r6 rj15 ('06-today).steel... lol

Well there you go. If you ride a Yamaha R6 in real life and feel the brakes are stronger in GPBikes using the R6 then just adjust them to be the same as real life and go slower than Bob, lol...   
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 11, 2014, 10:13:11 PM

Hawk.

Hi hawk

Since iv been on GPB iv found its all about getting stopped and turned.

Corner speeds seem slow. Almost like the scale of tracks etc is too small like theres no space to open the throttle.. Thats how it feels to me im not saying thats how it is..

Having said that beta5b feels more alive to me! Lean angle revs etc has deffinately made the bikes feel more agile and natural.

BOBR6 84

Roll on beta6! Booom!! Cant wait now lol

BOBR6 84

Just to point out that this is all personal feeling and opinion! Im not on the forum to say this and that is how it should be lol. Simply putting things out there..  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 11, 2014, 10:30:25 PM
Roll on beta6! Booom!! Cant wait now lol

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 11, 2014, 10:43:39 PM
Just to point out that this is all personal feeling and opinion! Im not on the forum to say this and that is how it should be lol. Simply putting things out there..  ;)

Guess we all agree with your opinion about beta6 :)

MaX.

Alibaskins

I'm surprised you are only now talking about this rear break in gp-bikes :) I'm talking about it since the first alpha.

Since the lastest beta, Piboso have reduced the effect and the power of this rear break, but i'm agree with you, the effect is always too much important on two steps of the driving.

It's too much at the end of the breaking distance and in slow corners (180°) in my opinion.
But now, in long and mid curves, i think it's correct

In real life, i use a lot the rear break (teacher = daddy and daddy = not bad mx rider). For me it's a very important part in motorcycle driving. And without my rear break i'm not in safe in fact :)

I'm not a very good driver as motogp drivers, so maybe Leon Camier could convince you : http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Camier-uses-dirt-track-to-change-riding-style-for-MotoGP&newsid=12953

If it's a big difference for him at this step of the competition, then it's certainly a very big step for us no ?

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !