• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

So, what's next?

Started by DidietXFuera, June 21, 2019, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicotine

Come on PiBoSo, do something.......27 Euro for Schwaben and Victoria Circuit is not funny
GP-Bikes Indonesia

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 25, 2019, 05:46:43 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2019, 06:27:59 AMI think he's already answered this a while ago: switching to a different game engine would be a massive project.
I also think he's already said he's using C, not C++.

Ah. But he didn't say why?
Right, he didn't say why in details, but why would he ?
He knows most of his own code inside-out, if he says it would be a massive project, that's good enough for me.

The problem with GPB is that it took way too long: in a span of time that big from now, maybe UE will be dead, or maybe we'll have UE13 and Unity 9, or Trinity 1.0 with new, incredible graphical features. And the UE4-based GPB supposed to solve all the problems will be outdated again.

The only way a new engine could be envisaged would be to declare GPB completed (or dead, depending on how you look at it) and start a GPB 2 almost from scratch. That's a hell of a call to make when you're unsure of the benefits.

Quote from: Hawk on June 25, 2019, 05:46:43 PMI mean why stick to using a horse and cart when you can be chauffeured in a limousine or driving a super-car? ;)
All that from the guy that still lives in the 70's with 2 strokes, no electronics and world-class riders smoking weed on the grid right before the start.
Who knows, maybe PiBoSo likes to code his own ambient occlusion just they way you like to do yor own manual "traction control".

DidietXFuera

I personally want PiBoSo to make improvements to some bugs in GP-Bikes. Then, optimize the existing game engine, such as making it easy to do mods for modder and improve the quality of the graphics.

I understand that it might be difficult to develop 4 games at a time, but PiBoSo must prioritize games with the most players (it might be GP-Bikes).
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

Hawk

June 27, 2019, 06:46:11 PM #79 Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:59:08 PM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 27, 2019, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 25, 2019, 05:46:43 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2019, 06:27:59 AMI think he's already answered this a while ago: switching to a different game engine would be a massive project.
I also think he's already said he's using C, not C++.

Ah. But he didn't say why?
Right, he didn't say why in details, but why would he ?
He knows most of his own code inside-out, if he says it would be a massive project, that's good enough for me.

The problem with GPB is that it took way too long: in a span of time that big from now, maybe UE will be dead, or maybe we'll have UE13 and Unity 9, or Trinity 1.0 with new, incredible graphical features. And the UE4-based GPB supposed to solve all the problems will be outdated again.

The only way a new engine could be envisaged would be to declare GPB completed (or dead, depending on how you look at it) and start a GPB 2 almost from scratch. That's a hell of a call to make when you're unsure of the benefits.

Quote from: Hawk on June 25, 2019, 05:46:43 PMI mean why stick to using a horse and cart when you can be chauffeured in a limousine or driving a super-car? ;)
All that from the guy that still lives in the 70's with 2 strokes, no electronics and world-class riders smoking weed on the grid right before the start.
Who knows, maybe PiBoSo likes to code his own ambient occlusion just they way you like to do yor own manual "traction control".

Your sounding like an EU remain supporter Max..... Happy with the status quo with no vision and no balls to take the risks required to move into a bigger & better future. :P  ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on June 27, 2019, 06:46:11 PMYour sounding like an EU remain supporter Max..... Happy with the status quo with no vision and no balls to take the risks required to move into a bigger & better future. :P  ;)

Oh not this again.. XD

Although I would gladly support GP Bikes 2, (Or a re-brand called Superbikes if pib would focus on Superbikes instead of Grand Prix, which I'd like to see)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 27, 2019, 06:46:11 PMYour sounding like an EU remain supporter Max..... Happy with the status quo with no vision and no balls to take the risks required to move into a bigger & better future. :P  ;)
Of course. All the vision (and the balls) are a monopole of the likes of you ... can't fight.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 28, 2019, 11:26:11 AM
Of course. All the vision (and the balls) are a monopoly of the likes of you ... can't fight.

???
Well, we reap what we sow Max......   ;)

WALKEN

Progressive thinking is great and all but in most cases with most things we haven't exhausted the prior hence flavor of the week. In fact a lot of things don't even compare to earlier incarnations. 

Video gaming has become as stale as month old bread, but hey at least they look pretty being soulless....

When you build things from the ground up there is a satisfaction and deeper knowledge in the end oppose to relying on pre-built items that you stick in place and don't understand the inter workings... Take music for instance, most progressive artist today don't even know how to place a mic let alone even play an instrument... Everything is plug and play and in the end you get more of the same with no personality because the oddities come from the individual not a simulated program.

I enjoy PiBoSo's work because of the oddity of it or integrity, keeps me coming back....         
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Quote from: WALKEN on June 28, 2019, 08:25:28 PMProgressive thinking is great and all but in most cases with most things we haven't exhausted the prior hence flavor of the week. In fact a lot of things don't even compare to earlier incarnations. 

Video gaming has become as stale as month old bread, but hey at least they look pretty being soulless....

When you build things from the ground up there is a satisfaction and deeper knowledge in the end oppose to relying on pre-built items that you stick in place and don't understand the inter workings... Take music for instance, most progressive artist today don't even know how to place a mic let alone even play an instrument... Everything is plug and play and in the end you get more of the same with no personality because the oddities come from the individual not a simulated program.

I enjoy PiBoSo's work because of the oddity of it or integrity, keeps me coming back....         

Walken. I think your probably seeing the effects on the game industry of the big corporate sponsors getting involved in sponsoring game dev-houses/teams.....
Developers that have the financial resources to develop their own visions of a modern AAA game, especially a game with genuine differences in the way games are played these days, are very few and far between. Hence it's all a game of playing it relatively safe with the same old stuff, sequal after sequal of the same old games, etc, etc..... There is just no breeding ground anymore for developers with a vision or indeed the environment to make their vision a reality....

These corporates don't care about games or their quality, they only care about how much money they will make from a game release..... Just look who's behind all the game consoles.... Rings a bell doesn't it. Yet time and again people will be suckered into buying a game console so these corporates have you exactly where they want you so they can have that monopoly to make money from you...... It's sad to see so many people so easily taken in by these people. :(

morvio100

August 13, 2022, 10:59:32 AM #85 Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 11:03:56 AM by morvio100
TBH...Newbie...but you have to give (THE Great White Haired One = Piboso)...credit where it is due...tbh a marvelous achievement for 1 person..is GPbikes...I would be imagine the difficulty he faces is simply this....the base code for the likes of gp is I would imagine is like the blonde haired baby of (THE Great White Haired One = Piboso)'s = must be very of wary and careful of who he chooses to share this code with in order to speed dev speeds..caveat the ommision of letting modders to add configurable ai and offline tourney creators ..I  believe was a mistake....why because the online is... from what I have read... is a long long way from perfect and the netcode is seriously funky...caveat the engine graphically is ok ...some modern tweaks such as diffused lighting (no night tracks !!!...uuhhmm sad emoji...)...rain and dynamic track conditions ...serious impact on fps..and so on)...but all in all ...it is unfortunate for modders...as in the time issue of theses additions..but I guess (THE Great White Haired One = Piboso) is doing his best...but lets be clear mucho respecto must be given to all those incredible modders ...who have give this (primarily gpbikes) and other piboso sims life and longevity ...but honestly the ommision of ai or (letting modders have a go at it) will cause quite a few potential modders and players stay away...but lets give credit to the (THE Great White Haired One = Piboso)...is he interactive and helpful/accessible to the community = the answer is simple ..yes he is...

Myst1cPrun3