• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:38:35 AM

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Agreed MaX!

Online stability is the biggie for me at the moment..

Sliding with the MOD bikes is easy especially SBK and STK with TC cranked up.. BUT, the 2stroke 500 is where the physics should shine imo.. With the brutal powerband, powerslides and chassis flex etc should shine through! Just feels a bit awkward at the moment.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 05, 2015, 06:28:35 PM
DD what is 4k?

graphics look great on that pic..

i played gta on the xbox..

ps. i apologies for dragging this thread on  ::) but in RIDE game its giving the option to fully customize the riding style and position on the bike.. so you can adjust each limb to find your prefer'd style  ;D

If GPB had this option it would be mental........ 8)

Basically in pixels 4K is  4096 x 2160 as apposed to HD being just 1920x1080 on just one screen, naturally triple screens read 3 times that amount and as said 8K is already here too. This is why if your building a computer or upgrading you need to realize that software will be more demanding for DEFAULT resolutions in the future. Just wait and see what happens this year alone and there are some big surprises on the way.

Yeah the bike is far to stable without a rider in GPB. There is still much work for poor old PIBOSO to do.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 06, 2015, 01:18:20 AM
This is why if your building a computer or upgrading you need to realize that software will be more demanding for DEFAULT resolutions in the future. Just wait and see what happens this year alone and there are some big surprises on the way.

This has always been the case. I actually find that the evolution of GPUs in the last 3 years has been slower than what it was (except for Intel's integrated GPUs, which are progressing relatively fast).

What surprises are you thinking about ?

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Biggest surprises will be related in what will be happening from WIN10 release and DX12. The hardware integration capabilities of the OS are far greater and  will make compatibility less of a problem for hardware manufacturers and with the DX12 graphics update it will be interesting to see what software houses have been doing to use it in their software. There is a lot of talk about AMD CPU's of the future to challenge the i series Intel CPU's. With USB 3.1 there will be far more external drives sprouting out the woodwork to take advantage of the speed and then all the other tasty things like Modular Gaming PC systems from Razor etc......................

I think it is gonna be a year of prices dropping on CPU side of hardware with the growth of DDR4 systems, DDR3 based products will start becoming old quickly due to people thinking/wanting the "IN" and "BIGGER NUMBER" memory based systems are a must have.

Its hard to say what exactly will happen this year but as the first year of the Next Gen consoles and DDR4, DX12 etc, etc, hardware and software companies have a whole new playground to build. Chrismas 2015 will be a big one.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

I'm a bit less optimistic.

DX12 and Vulkan (horrible name for openGL next) are surely very interesting, but knowing that DX12 will be win10 only, it will take quite a while before we see all the games moving to it. It will depend a lot on how fast win10 will pick up, hence the efforts Microsoft is doing (free Win7/8 upgrade to win10).

CPU wise, intel is just resting, as they have no competition on desktop. They are focusing on low power (mobile, tablet, fanless htpc) and on improving the iGPU. Skylake should be the only relevant improvement for desktop, but still, I doubt they will really break their necks for it as again, they have no competition on desktop. I kinda fear it will be the usual +10% perf with nice savings on the TDP (which are nice but do not chnage your life on desktop).

MaX.

doubledragoncc

SO here is Martin Biggs review of RIDE. Note the use of the word SIMULATION!!!!!!!!!!! WTF. I will leave you to your own conclusions.

VVV http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Ride-the-Tourist-Trophy-spiritual-successor-youve-been-waiting-for

DD

HornetMaX

By pure chance, somebody on the GPB Italia forum posted a link to similar article on RIDE (on a relatively respectable italian motorbike site). Link is below (in italian, of couse): it's so full of silly stuff with respect to physics that I've been almost tempted to translate it to english just for your fun. I'll just highlight this:

[IT] "L'engine precedente, quello di MotoGP 2014, era già ad un ottimo livello (chi lo ha giocato sa di cosa stiamo parlando) ma con RIDE è stato compiuto un altro passo in avanti."

[EN] "The previous engine, the one of MotoGp 2014, was already excellent (who has tried it knows what I'm saying) but with RIDE we've made a step forward."

Right after, some blabbing about "simulating all the gyroscopic forces", which just proves that: one, MotoGP 2014 was not doing that (uh, shame ?) and two that slamming "gyroscopic" into any interview gains a lot of brownie points.  ::) What's the thing ? Why everybody get a hard on as soon as one says gyroscopic ? It's nothing magic, it's a bloody simple thing.

Incidentally, this also proves that they are not using a decent multibody approach, which today is plain silly for anything aiming at being a simulator. But I'm digressing here.

Anyway, link is here. Piboso could read it and have a decent laugh before going to bed (if he ever does) :)

http://www.moto.it/news/ride-la-fisica-di-un-vero-simulatore-motociclistico.html

Could be a fun game to play, content seems huge and visuals are very nice. Just don't try to sell it as a simulator, please.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Yeah it was all from a comic book I think.

Loved this part

"We worked on all the physics experienced when riding a bike like the g-forces and other real physics properties to improve the simulation. We worked on the suspension of the bikes and the structure of the models to create a more realistic simulation of the models, because we have really different models in the game – going from naked to superbikes is a big jump."

I fell of my couch in laughter.

DD

Abigor

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 07, 2015, 11:11:51 PM

Loved this part

"We worked on all the physics experienced when riding a bike like the g-forces and other real physics properties to improve the simulation. We worked on the suspension of the bikes and the structure of the models to create a more realistic simulation of the models, because we have really different models in the game – going from naked to superbikes is a big jump."

DD
Well maybe you fell of you couch in laughter but hey......on March 20 "they laughs" all the way to the "bank"  ;)

HornetMaX

Hawk

Quote from: Abigor on March 08, 2015, 04:34:48 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 07, 2015, 11:11:51 PM

Loved this part

DD
Well maybe you fell of you couch in laughter but hey......on March 20 "they laughs" all the way to the "bank"  ;)

It's the ones who will buy RIDE that allow and promote companies like Milestone to get away with such rubbish..... So it is them laughing at you guys too don't you know?

Yes! They will be laughing all the way to the bank......  So who are the real fools here? Ask yourselves that. Lol  :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Well, its not a sim, but it may still be enjoyable as a game. To me it's a more than honest effort to provide a product in a desert area (road bikes) and it comes with quite a lot of content.

The only "complain" I have is that they try to present it as a sim, which is clearly not (and which it was not supposed to be, for sure). I'm still pondering if buying it or not, most likely I'll try it and decide after.

Not everybody is OK with the frustration that comes bundled with GPB :)

MaX.

Grooveski

I can tell from one view of the trailer that it'll be a non-starter for me.
As pretty as the bikes are and even if I was willing to suffer Milestone's sad attempts at physics, what switches me off bike games instantly is when the bike's pivot point for chase view isn't at tyre level. ???  When it's up at the swingarm like that I find it hopelessly off-putting and always think my rear's washing out going into corners.   :-\
Road Rash 3D, GP500, TT Superbikes, GPBikes.....  Plenty of other folk were able to get such a fundamental part of the game visual right, how milestone have got away with getting it wrong all these years I'll never know.

h106frp

Probably because the recycled car game engine rotates the chassis around the vehicle CofG and they could not be bothered to fix it. Whole thing annoys me even more now. :(

HornetMaX

Oh surely it will be a non-starter for many of us here, but we're a tiny minority, so ...

Personally I may (may) decide to buy it: I can afford to thrash 50 quid just for the sake of it, anyway I can't throw the 50 quid to Piboso so what should I do with them ?

And as I've said on the french forum, in Ride you'll be able to chose a female rider: I've always wanted to be a blonde in a leather tracksuit  ;D

MaX.