• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:46:31 PM

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

The riding style adjustments is kind of cool. But for me it doesn't have DST. lol So it feels like I am driving a car.

grimm

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 24, 2015, 11:11:46 PM
Quote from: grimm on March 24, 2015, 10:14:53 PM
Not sure if that Superbike 2001 betrayal comment was directed at what I said?  ???

Sorry Grimm I apologise, I can see how that looks. It wasn't so much directed at what you said as 'born' from it . I hope you can understand and forgive me.

I'm very passionate about the lack of progress since 2001 as far as 'Bike Simulators' go.  If you read an earlier post of mine I can indeed fully understand Ride will be a great game for the, shall we say, 'casual gamer' and that's good (heck I will probably get it myself in the summer sale) each to their own que cera cera and all that. But I personally want a Simulator <sob>, a good one, and I want it 10 years ago  :'(

And I'm hoping GpBikes is it.......

No harm, no foul.  ;D

In my honest opinion GP Bikes is it, top of the mountain and then some, just that it's nice to see an attempt (even if it is a half ass one at that) get anywhere near where Superbike 2001 did all those years ago. Seems everything has fallen short of the mark lately and even since (outside of the aforementioned Piboso title). Truly is a sad time to be a hardcore sim junkie. I was a driver far before a rider and around the time Live For Speed started up I was all about the cage antics, but looking back on the years and the improvement rate of car sims; bike sims have seemingly been on that same plateau to an extent, not much in terms of hardcore sim users having a good fix for the realism levels we desire. Being a hardcore simulator enthusiast I try my hardest not be be bull headed about it being, "right", so my reaction is more or less playing devils advocate for the causal gamer, as well as the lighter side of gaming to me in general. :)

A friend of mine (bought a bike from me recently, '93 CBR900RR streetfighter) shot a text to me a day ago with a pic of TT Superbikes: Real Road Racing (Jester Interactive, full IOM track, etc.) and a PS2 at a local thrift shop, I told him I would pay him back if he grabbed it, I got it late last night and finally tried to get it started up this afternoon for a lap of the Isle of Man, ended up the TT Superbikes disk has a scratch, so I gotta buy a 9th copy of the game, been playing it for years... anyway, I thought it was the scratches on it, turned out to be damaged on the information side, so while it was being buffed out I grabbed "TT Superbikes: Real Road Racing: II..... aka, Superbikes Riding Challenge by Milestone... I don't know what I ever saw in that game, I may as well use the disk for a coaster under my beer while I play GP Bikes.  :P  So basically I take back what I said, it's all pretty juvenile in the ability of the company that runs the show, Jester Interactive had it right the way Piboso does, bikes move around, they get upset, wheelies happen, and bikes behave with character. Hard to believe I ever really enjoyed the older titles.

...now where did my paypal info go, I need to hit ebay and get another copy of TT Superbikes by Jester, and I need to dust off my old copy of Superbike 2001. Catching near high sides at Hockenhiem was a favorite past time. Mess up and take out half the pack with you too, always worth a laugh.  ;D

Grooveski

You should join us for the MotoGP series Grimm  ;) - starts next week and has some pretty slippy physics this time. 

Kinda makes you wonder what if Melbourne House had been making a bike game a year instead of Milestone for the last fifteen years....
At the time SBK2000's graphics pissed all over GP500's but GP500 had the feel factor.  In all those years I don't see much evidence of Milestone progressing much.  In fact I reckon modders have taken GP500 further even with being stuck with an antique of an engine.  ::)

BOBR6 84

GP500 is great! I agree with what you say mate..

I got hooked racing online with SBK X, SBK 2011, and SBK generations.. Not spectacular games by any means but they worked! Pretty much bug free and the leaderboards were solid.
Milestones latest games are all piss poor in them areas.. I like having gpbikes and bike games to play.. Its no problem for me if its full on simulation or not although I would like RIDE to be more challenging..

From GP500 and SBK 2000 bike games should have it all by now.. :(

doubledragoncc

March 25, 2015, 02:24:28 PM #214 Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:49:27 PM by doubledragoncc
GRIMM you sell "Buttercup"? Would have loved to ride her bro. I still get Madison adverts when I listen to Pandora lol. Miss ya bro

Sorry for being off topic guys.

I am working on that idea BOBPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP  GPB and Open world is what I want, Project car graphics, Piboso physics, TDU2 Open world!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

I'll look into GP500, last computer I had seemed allergic to most games, wouldn't run them for crap, but the current desktop I am on should run it butter smooth with a full field. Not sure I'll be setup and ready to race all that quickly but will give it a go and see what I can come up with. :)

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 25, 2015, 02:24:28 PM
GRIMM you sell "Buttercup"? Would have loved to ride her bro. I still get Madison adverts when I listen to Pandora lol. Miss ya bro

Sorry for being off topic guys.

I am working on that idea BOBPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP  GPB and Open world is what I want, Project car graphics, Piboso physics, TDU2 Open world!!!

DD

Nope, haven't sold it, still got her, the new 1200 block runs like a sewing machine and I should have the turbo kit fitted (for the 6th time!) soon. Was testing with a Yoshimura header and found 3 of the 8 bolt holes for the exhaust have turned to cheese (the joys of used bikes  ::)). Gotta get some time-serts and fix that up before I can bolt up the turbo header. Might just swap heads with the noisy engine and use the GSXR cams I have so it holds up the power up top, but the 1200 cams are flatter, might take some testing to get that all sorted out. Not far to go before dyno time though!  :P

girlracerTracey

March 27, 2015, 11:36:06 AM #216 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:52:25 AM by girlracerTracey
Well it's not gpbikes(!)  ;)  but it is a lot of fun.. I got the full game early (before release) and have been trying it out.

Physics seem improved from the demo. Slightly more challenging. Others are saying the same thing..

https://www.youtube.com/v/0clo-qFc50Q
https://www.youtube.com/v/e5JW6TNztI4
https://www.youtube.com/v/yMTWmywTkQ8
(wish the grass was more slippery..!)

Plenty more videos from "box opening" to this morning's play around on the game on my channel if anyone might by chance be interested..?

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Best to all.

"Midge"  :)

JamoZ

So where`s the box opening?  ::)

h106frp

March 27, 2015, 12:41:26 PM #218 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:47:46 PM by h106frp
Some serious weirdness with the tyres and handling, does not seem to matter if your on the track, grass or kerbing the bike holds a perfect line. Im sure more than once the bikes were keeping a perfect turn even with the front wheel off the ground, which is odd.

I will be interested to see how long this holds your attention, its the lack of riding challenge that kills my interest in these type of simugames  once the eye candy effect has worn off. Bike and rider models are nice though, scenery is nothing to shout about really.

Nice to see a female rider option looking good in leathers - the spectators really annoy me though! sure they could have done better with crowd detail.

Any chance of some on-bike first person video?

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Grooveski on March 25, 2015, 04:34:03 AM
Kinda makes you wonder what if Melbourne House had been making a bike game a year instead of Milestone for the last fifteen years....

I kinda wonder the same thing Grooveski.. Quite often in fact.

SBK2001? I'm still playing it and still really enjoying it. But for me gp500 has the edge on "feel".

@JamoZ: I did upload the "unboxing" video but it was removed by YouTube for its lewd and politically incorrect content. At that time in the morning mistakes happen. It was a bit like when things go wrong during speeches at the Oscars.. ;)

One thing is for sure in the modern age gpbikes remains unique and separate.

grT  :)

Abigor

Well you are lucky......first 27 March .....now 2 April......WTF !!! why delay a game 6 days ?...... i'm so mad right now

girlracerTracey

Quote from: h106frp on March 27, 2015, 12:41:26 PM
Some serious weirdness with the tyres and handling, does not seem to matter if your on the track, grass or kerbing the bike holds a perfect line. Im sure more than once the bikes were keeping a perfect turn even with the front wheel off the ground, which is odd.

I will be interested to see how long this holds your attention, its the lack of riding challenge that kills my interest in these type of simugames  once the eye candy effect has worn off. Bike and rider models are nice though, scenery is nothing to shout about really.

Any chance of some on-bike first person video?

I agree with you that there is not sufficient deflection on the wheels/tyres if you run over kerbing etc. The grass should be slippery as in real life.

It's a "simcade" game. My wish would have been for a higher & more challenging physics level in the game. But I think Milestone's games are increasingly about "accessibility".

There is a counter argument/discussion with regard to gpbikes in that in real life racing bikes are arguably relatively easy to ride until you up the pace and start to approach the limit. I suppose it's that last 1% that really counts. But in real life you can circulate a race track quite securely on most racing machines at reduced speeds..some might suggest gpbikes, in some of its beta incarnations, feels too close to the "edge" at such reduced speeds i.e. in a slightly restrained mode of attack. Compared to real life. Just an observation which I think others may also have made also at certain times in the past during the course of certain betas.

But really it is difficult to compare RIDE or motogp14 to gpbikes. They are not the same thing..

For me games like gp500 & SBK2001 squeezed a decent amount of "sim" out of let's face it quite rudimentary physics engines. Now the potential in achievable physics is wider but Milestone do not wish to engage with the "sim" concept. That's not what they are about now. All the more reason Project Cars deserves a round of applause for at least trying to spread at least a "sim" influence onto the consoles.

It's a funny old world these days isn't it? Such a shame it is this way really.

grT   :)

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Abigor on March 27, 2015, 01:01:38 PM
Well you are lucky......first 27 March .....now 2 April......WTF !!! why delay a game 6 days ?...... i'm so mad right now

Yes I got to try it out early. Milestone have had serious problems optimising the graphics. Particularly on xbox one which runs a narrow gpu memory bandwidth compared to PS4. Milestone took a decision on xbox one to go up from 900p t0 1080p and that is what has caught them out. PS4 is running at 30 fps but xbox one was struggling quite badly I think. Hence the delays. Milestone sought the assistance of Microsoft to try to sort this out but still encountered problems. Quite serious problems as I understand it.

As for the pc version it's still on Raknet and frankly I suspect is just another poor quality console port. Personally I would be very cautious over the pc version. Perhaps see what the reaction is from the pc crowd before taking any plunge..?

grT   

girlracerTracey

Here's a better one..  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/v/K6U1Annb2nY

But frankly the demo is not the best thing to evidence the game in my view. The full game version is slightly better on a more challenging track I think.

grT

Hawk

Hi grt....

From what you've posted in the past I know you host race events for other unnamed race bike titles...... Is there any chance of you hosting any GPB events anytime soon? There is a good selection of MOD bikes in GPB now that perform very well for race events and now we have most tracks in NDS versions the core.exe events have been reduced greatly(although some do still suffer more than most unfortunately). But it would be great to have more events held for GPB, particularly in other categories other than the usual big 4 stroke events.  The 250 2-stroke category would be a good one to hold.  ;D

Hawk.