• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:31 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

No its just a season pass basicly paying upfront for future DLC packs.. Works out cheaper than buying individual DLC packs..

Same as battlefield premium etc..

All a money making mess... Bring back the days of buying a nice complete game from day 1.

Beta's aside..

doubledragoncc

Too true BOBPPPP and thanks for the info.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

r1rossi

Anyone know if its coming to Canada or Usa?

BOBR6 84

Sometime in May I think mate

dude

The Demo is out now on steam.

Napalm Nick

Downloading now!
But I am not holding my breath, it looks boring but I am keeping an open mind.
Will let you know 1st impressions.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

OK   first impressions:

Downloaded and ran for first time.................typical Milestone 1990 stuff, waiting...........waiting............. OK it started at last, oh still have to use the key board to navigate the menus!!!!

So let set up controls.............oh I am not allowed to use any button I want as 3 are dedicated to chat!!!!! so I cant use my normal button for downshift!!! FINE its a demo why let people be able to use a gamepad fully on a demo after all!!!!!!

Supposed to take ANY controller but cant even use all the buttons on a gamepad WTF!!!!!

Okay no problem, lets ride............................

Waiting...........waiting..............waiting.....................oh the game crashed !!!!!WTF

Restart game 1st time...............crashed

2nd time .....................crashed

3rd............4th..............5th...............

Time to uninstall it so cant say much about it until I download again and install, thank god its only 12 mins to download, its 4GB btw

Guess who is NOT impressed so far...............and read my system specs below!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

March 18, 2015, 11:24:25 AM #142 Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:32:33 AM by doubledragoncc
UPDATE.........................

Installed 2nd time................crashed.......................crashed......................crashed....................

all at the very first loading screen................

uninstalling again but forgot to remove the steam folder after 1st uninstall............silly me thats how Milestone stuff works right.............this is normal for a demo to impress new customers to buy a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT...........cant find any steam programs or data folders for RIDE??? Oh well 3rd time lucky...........Downloading again!!!

BOBR6 84

on my pc it runs terrible......

NOT impressed at all. its so bland im bored of it already after 5laps..

i usually have downshift set to RB but it wont let me!! game killer for me..

loada shite... lol  ::)

doubledragoncc

March 18, 2015, 11:54:40 AM #144 Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:37:45 PM by doubledragoncc
3rd install crashes at loading again!!!!!!!!!!! WTF I can run PCARS at 40 FPS on my 40inch screen in all highest settings from my laptop and thats still in the demo faze!!!!!

This sucks big time typical milestone shite I would say

DD...................not a happy bunny

EDIT...............now it says there is an update for it....................??????

EDIT..............STILLcrashes at loading screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT..........................Re installed, run the redistributable file for 32 and 64 bit from the commonredist folder in the install directory and ran on default settings for graphics no problem.................

Riding feels like your doing an amazing 50mph all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF

No difference from easy to pro what part of simulation is this? One in how to remove shite from your HD as quickly as possible is the only simulation I got!!!!!!!!!!!WTF

Graphics are jumpy at low settings !!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF

Exit to change video settings and....................................crashes at loading again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF

Im getting tired typing WTF so much lol

WTF is this ?

BRB

DD

BACK................ I give up this is shite, not worth farting over, gonna go get a beer  and spend my time positively.

Oh and yes I booted it right off my drive, if I could throw it in the toilet I would................WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Docfumi

Just finished downloading and I read the last few comments, very reassuring gentlemen.  :-[
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

I wasted 48 mins downloading this shite 4 times!!! thank F I gotta superfast internet. I would not wipe my bottom with this!!!!

DD..............just saying kinda sorta

Docfumi

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 18, 2015, 02:13:18 PM
I would not wipe my bottom with this!!!!

+1

My off days will be spent on my real Ride and when it's wet outside I got GP Bikes to keep me dry.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

Just as well its not on a DVD or it would hurt my bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD

Napalm Nick

<Chortle> Sore bum on DVD lol.  :o

OK here's my 1st impression. I must of been lucky no install problems and no crashes seen.

CONS:
1. Its an arcade game - I took the time to tweak the graphics, bike settings and difficulty in the hunt for realism on the CBR600. I still couldn't do anything wrong on track even with no TCS or anti-wheely on and only Joint brake assist.
2. I don't like the graphics one bit.

PROS:
1. Didn't lose the front end on the slow corners.
2. Not a single Core.EXE seen.  :P

Conclusion:
Personally its not for me - I'm always hunting for realism (hence GBP). However, it is another bike game to add to the small pot of bike games that some people will like. Milestone have their hearts in the right place - I heard the developers say they looked hard at SBK2001 when creating MotoGP.
But I ask - that was 14 years ago and bike games have just gone backwards since then.

Anyway, take it, leave it or wipe yer bum with it.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"