• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 19, 2015, 10:39:40 PM
OMG Father DD, that was beautiful.

+1 DD

Just read it myself... Agree with Naplam....  Great stuff mate!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Cheers Napalm, I think it sums up my passion for GPB quite well

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

And on that bombshell....   goodnight, RIDE  ;D  ;D

tseklias

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 19, 2015, 10:34:06 PM
I for one shall set forth into the fray and battle the evil overlords of RIDE, with nothing more than my words of wisdom for the poor uneducated folks of the kingdom shall  I do battle against this mythical giant called the "Milestone". Even as it tries to seduce me with its lies of licenses and simulation, I will not falter from my quest. I will shed the blood of a thousand RIDERS for every GPB brother bitten by the poison of the Milestone and though I ride through the racetrack of death I shall fear no evil for I ride in GP Bikes and have no fear of real speed!!!

DD

HOLY  ;D

doubledragoncc

ITs okay folks we are saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got an email from MILESTONE stating that the demo is available from TODAY!!!! So the demo we tried must be a fake!!!!

OR..............................................................Milestone has its head so far up its ass it dont know what the date is!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

:) phew I knew it had to be a bad dream  :P
Hooray for Grindstone!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Hmmm.... If the demo was before on Steam then that is suspiciously bureaucratic bullsh*t because Steam would not have an unofficial demo for download for sure.  :P

Maybe Milestone are actually starting to listen if this demo is an improved version???

Have we a "Milestone" mole in our midst?? LOL

Hawk.

TKay

Here's a little conversation about RIDE and GPB I had on youtube:

Arun Sharmavor

Finally a Good BIKE game!

TKay

I'm sorry I have to tell you this but I tried the demo, it's bullshit.
Compared to GP Bikes it's like riding a piece of cardboard.

Arun Sharmavor

+TKay oh man :\ i was really exited for this one. 

TKay

+Arun Sharma Yea me too the first couple minutes when I discovered it but then I saw it's being developed by Milestone...the developers of the MotoGP games and all the excitement was gone. The demo confirmed my thoughts.

Forest Lawvor

+Arun Sharma and you should be, because this game is incredibly awesome to play. Sure it needs some tweaking here and there but overall it's a beautiful and well developed game. Hats off to Milestone for providing 'Ride'.

TKay

+Forest Law Beautiful? Maybe. Well developed, nope, sorry. Even if I don't concentrate on the arcady gameplay mechanics...My PC is well above the recommended system specs and it runs barely at 30 fps. There was no optimization done to it whatsoever. The one thing I do like are the models but that's about it.
You can customize a whole lot of stuff but that doesn't help the gameplay at all.

Forest Lawvor

+TKay just because you're entitled to your opinion and express it tremendously, doesn't mean it justifies the opinions of others and/or their view upon this game. For Milestones standards, this game is well developed and surely it needs to be tweaked but it's a pretty awesome game. Arcade physics? It's incredibly difficult to simulate motorcycle simulation phyics ingame, applaud Milestone for their efforts.

TKay

+Forest Law Applaud Milestone for their efforts? That's so stupid it's not even funny.
Take a look at GP bikes by Piboso. This is the most realistic motorcycle simulation game you can get to date. Here's the point: It's being developed by ONE fucking person and it's great. Yes it doesn't have the best graphics but I don't care about graphics in a game that calls itself simulator if it doesn't simulate shit.
Now I don't know how many people work at milestone but if this is what they came up with after so many years of developing motorcycle-based games...they're pretty bad.

Oh ey look, we got a bazillion bikes and we got customization and so many maps and we're selling it on steam to make the big money. Yea...you made one mistake, you released a demo before the release of the game. Now people know how cheap the game feels and sorry but no big money for you guys. Most "efforts" probably went into getting in contact with all the motorcycle brands to get the permission to use their bikes in the game.

Now I don't know what you mean by justifying other opinions but you're right, that's MY opinion and I don't force anyone into having the same one.

To me, riding in this game feels like playing mario kart on the N64. To -->ME<--

Forest Lawvor

+TKay Man, you deserve a cookie for that passionate essay.

It's hilarious! ;D

Hawk

Lol.... Sounds like he has been blinded by the eye-candy like most will be... I doubt whether they've experienced any kind of real motorcycle physics on a PC, never mind on the crappy consoles.

Glad to see you pushing GPB and trying to make these Milestone wolla's see the light..... Nice one! Well done mate!  ;D

Hawk

doubledragoncc

March 20, 2015, 01:26:34 PM #189 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:50:46 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi guys its the "Wrath of GPB" here.

I just got this in my email from Alan at VVV and it would seem we are all wrong. Please watch and listen to the commentary, it is a laugh at least lol.

How much cheaper can backgrounds get than this?

https://www.youtube.com/v/Mr8TBxa6bSY

Now that is straight out of the old gaming machines of the late 80's early 90's like Outrun!!!

Even if the physics were OK my brain would scream GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now heres an old rFactor track made for Assetto, consider its OLD but reworked by one guy!!! How much did he spend on this?

https://www.youtube.com/v/j4rHIjCAanA&t=255

Which would you say looks more realistic and sim like?

DD

Hawk

Well that has confirmed that the physics are game garbage physics, and I'd get bored with that within a few mins of playing it. I've had GPbikes for more than 4 years now and I'm still as enthused about it, probably even more so now, than I was when I first bought it! How many sims or even games can you say that about!  :P

If there is one thing missing from the environment in RIDE that would make it look more realistic it is HDR lighting effects. Everything does look very cartoony, but then again that is probably what they were aiming for with it being a gamey game, it is certainly NOT A SIM!
But for sure they have definitely aimed this at the console gamers market(the stick it in and straight into some action type of kids); the type of people who don't like to think about what they are doing but just do it and reap the consequences later. I think the word I'm looking for is dumb!.  But I guess that sums up Milestones market. It's about time they all wised up! :P

If we carry on like this GPB may just get some free advertising from the champions of Milestone and RIDE. Hehe  ;D

Keep slating it guys!!  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD

Napalm Nick

I can't contribute to this topic any more I'm just too sad.

Yeh a bit cos of the disappointment of Ride, but I've also just found out Beibers not a musician.

Enough
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Oh yes! Now that's what I like to see!!  ;D

Btw.... Was that by any chance Top Gears Jeremy Clarkson and his producer in that BMW..... Maybe a male bonding session going on there. Hehe.  ;D

I'm going to have to invest in Assetto Corsa... Had it on my Steam wish list for a while now hoping it would come on  75% off sale....

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 20, 2015, 02:18:41 PM
Yeh a bit cos of the disappointment of Ride, but I've also just found out Beibers not a musician.
Life can be a real b1tch sometimes :)

MaX.