• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:30:05 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

March 20, 2015, 02:37:45 PM #195 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:41:33 PM by doubledragoncc
LOL Napalm so sorry about your hero being fake!!! Would never have guessed

H Assetto is worth it with the laser scanned Nürburgring-Nordschleife. On my 40in it looks and feels soooooooooooo good baby!!! Waiting on Project Cars now!!!

Anyone want Project Bikes?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TKay

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 20, 2015, 02:37:45 PM
LOL Napalm so sorry about your hero being fake!!! Would never have guessed

H Assetto is worth it with the laser scanned Nürburgring-Nordschleife. On my 40in it looks and feels soooooooooooo good baby!!! Waiting on Project Cars now!!!

Anyone want Project Bikes?

DD

I heard about "Project Bikes" a while back; thought it could have been the biggest threat to GPB, but seems to have all gone quite? Any news updates?

Hawk.

h106frp

Does RIDE have an onboard view? If so, is it any good? If not this is not a sim by any description. Looks crap anyway

doubledragoncc

Yes H it has on-board view but it is so grainy and blotchy graphics it will give you a headache so make sure you got aspirin before you play RIDE lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tseklias

We all speak the same language here so we're discussing the obvious. The thing is we gain more with Ride than we lose. Don't you think? I mean about tracks, bikes and everything that we can adapt on GpBikes.

HornetMaX

HornetMaX

Gave it a 10min try.

Couple of crashes while loading (it seems to be very upset if you press buttons while it's loading), nothing we're not accustomed to :)

You can assign controls, but for some reason, I can't assign my right shoulder button to any action. Weird.

Load times are not as bad as some were saying (and I installed it on an HDD, not even my SSD).

Graphically, not a revolution for sure.

Physics: don't know where to start ... if RIDE is a bike simulator then Asteroids (copyright Atari) is a spaceship simulator.

Suggested next steps:

• Rip all the bikes
  • Give them to oDi
  • Trash

That said, plenty will like it (and plenty will buy it). I mean, you can add custom exhausts !! How cool is that ?  ;D

And yes, you can do long crazy rear slides with nice black skids on the road ... just jam the throttle exiting a corner.
Any corner, any time. Don't worry, you won't fall. Ever.

Yawn. Neext ....

MaX.

tseklias

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 20, 2015, 08:10:22 PM

Suggested next steps:

• Rip all the bikes
  • Give them to oDi
  • Trash

MaX.

+1 Instead of buying Ride we can donate our modders.

Daniel_F

well it seems like it continue that day just bike simulator wannabes all of them....

grimm

Being crazy it is fun, power slides, wheelies, backing it in, and awesome rider animations, kiss the headlight and look like a fork for a moment nearly high siding, get it wrong big time and dip a foot off, all kinda cool, but still never gonna be "DST" in GP Bikes, or even GP Bikes at the regular "all aids off" level either.

I do like it because it feels like Superbike 2001 reincarnated, but, it's not a simulator, that is for sure.  8)

Napalm Nick

March 21, 2015, 08:30:38 AM #206 Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:35:29 AM by Napalm Nick

I didn't want to chip in on this topic any more really but the Ghost of Superbike 2001 just went past me with a knife stuck in its back.

For anyone who missed the era please watch this, compare where we are 15ish years later, then reflect to a conclusion of your own making.

https://www.youtube.com/v/ALWgqCWntvY
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

So my mate from ISR Darin got a code from Pilestone for RIDE. His video shows more on customization of bikes and is quite positive for the game. It wont change my opinion as gimmicks dont make the riding better or improve terrible graphics and frame rates. Watch it and see what  you think.

https://www.youtube.com/v/hk_j3jVHAQY#t=2062

I still cant even get mine to load after I play it once, I have to uninstall it, download and install again!!! WTF

DD

grimm

March 24, 2015, 10:14:53 PM #208 Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:20:58 PM by grimm
Dunno if I changed settings or being smoother on the throttle made the difference, but it "locks" at a certain angle during power slides and wheelies and doesn't require any skill after that... initial impression was good, now, after some serious time messing about with it, that there is a really weird MotoGP '08 type system where you can drag out power slides and stuff for ages and it never goes high side on you.  ???

At first wheelies were not hard, but they still had a level of difficulty, and the same went with power slides, any abrupt correction resulted in sparks flying. Once I got "good" at the game it started feeling like every other Milestone title.

Not sure if that Superbike 2001 betrayal comment was directed at what I said?  ???

The animations, the bike behavior at times, it's not that far off. It's the same reasons I liked Superbikes Riding Challenge for a little while, it was interesting to try something new, especially with good rider animations when you get it way wrong. Sorry to sound rude about it, but there is no point with the simulation or nothing crap, not everyone has that amount of time to spend indoors in front of a screen perfecting the art of finessing a motorcycle simulator just for the developer to change the entire game 4 months later and have to re-learn the entire thing. Some of us (like me) can appreciate something I can pick up, run a few laps, pull a few wheelies and power slides, and move on with my day. It's a good way to kill a half hour or so. I can say I won't be buying RIDE, but the demo is cool for what it is. Customized bikes are kind of interesting as it is what I do day in and day out. Any game or sim that supports bringing that part of motorcycling to the people is cool with me, even if the game play lacks and the simulation of bike behavior is arcade at best. ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: grimm on March 24, 2015, 10:14:53 PM
Not sure if that Superbike 2001 betrayal comment was directed at what I said?  ???

Sorry Grimm I apologise, I can see how that looks. It wasn't so much directed at what you said as 'born' from it . I hope you can understand and forgive me.

I'm very passionate about the lack of progress since 2001 as far as 'Bike Simulators' go.  If you read an earlier post of mine I can indeed fully understand Ride will be a great game for the, shall we say, 'casual gamer' and that's good (heck I will probably get it myself in the summer sale) each to their own que cera cera and all that. But I personally want a Simulator <sob>, a good one, and I want it 10 years ago  :'(

And I'm hoping GpBikes is it.......
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"