• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:19:07 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

RIDE videogame

Started by BOBR6 84, September 20, 2014, 05:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

That on bike view is too weird >:(, the rider does not seem to move at all but the bike swings around underneath them. Very strange considering the rider animation is not too terrible when viewed in third person.

Motion sickness anyone :o

Abigor

Quote from: girlracerTracey on March 27, 2015, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: Abigor on March 27, 2015, 01:01:38 PM
Well you are lucky......first 27 March .....now 2 April......WTF !!! why delay a game 6 days ?...... i'm so mad right now

Yes I got to try it out early. Milestone have had serious problems optimising the graphics. Particularly on xbox one which runs a narrow gpu memory bandwidth compared to PS4. Milestone took a decision on xbox one to go up from 900p t0 1080p and that is what has caught them out. PS4 is running at 30 fps but xbox one was struggling quite badly I think. Hence the delays. Milestone sought the assistance of Microsoft to try to sort this out but still encountered problems. Quite serious problems as I understand it.

As for the pc version it's still on Raknet and frankly I suspect is just another poor quality console port. Personally I would be very cautious over the pc version. Perhaps see what the reaction is from the pc crowd before taking any plunge..?

grT
10 April now......LOL   bad day....bad day

girlracerTracey

March 27, 2015, 03:36:01 PM #227 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:47:14 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 27, 2015, 02:02:16 PM
Hi grt....

From what you've posted in the past I know you host race events for other unnamed race bike titles...... Is there any chance of you hosting any GPB events anytime soon? There is a good selection of MOD bikes in GPB now that perform very well for race events and now we have most tracks in NDS versions the core.exe events have been reduced greatly(although some do still suffer more than most unfortunately). But it would be great to have more events held for GPB, particularly in other categories other than the usual big 4 stroke events.  The 250 2-stroke category would be a good one to hold.  ;D

Hawk.

Crikey(!) I take that as a real compliment coming from you guys. I know how much you love gpbikes and I know how much you guys enjoy your league racing. Thank you. I feel quite humbled tbh.

My situation is that I have just come off of organising 2 years of solid and uninterrupted league racing on motogp13 and subsequently motogp14 on both xbox 360 and the PS4 console. I think in total I have run as many as twelve separate and individual leagues spanning all classes (motogp, moto2, 500cc and moto3) across both consoles. We have run a full 20 round calendar in each championship varying from full distance 40 minute plus races to 15 lap 30 minute races. Week in week out on weekend and weekday nights.. It has been a colossal and never ending challenge as you might imagine. We have players from all over the world racing with us in different time zones bridging opposite ends of the planet. From rainy London to the Australian out-back. Our last "live" championship ended a few weeks ago. I would like to think it all went quite smoothly all in all despite a few inevitable hiccups as you get in life  ;)

We watched opposition leagues come & go and we swallowed up other leagues as we went along..

I'm knackered!

I really, really need to have a bit of a rest from it all tbh. Otherwise I fear organising online racing leagues might risk going a bit stale for me..

That's my honest position. I just cannot do anything at the present moment in time.

If I am honest I am not sure what I will do next & when I will do it. I just need to have a break from things and see how I feel in a few months' time.

Best moment? Racing online against a real life ex. Moto2 world championship racer in our PS4 moto2 league. My friend Mashel Al Naimi from Qatar. Not a real life world champion but someone who has at least been there, seen it and done it. There was definitely a buzz in that lobby that night.. 

https://www.youtube.com/v/E75G4NHw9lc

So anyway. Thanks for asking. But I am exhausted at the moment.

grT  :)

doubledragoncc

So why is steam still saying it will unlock in 2 hours?is that PC only?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Daniel_F

from ride on FB

-------------[[[ DEAR PLAYERS ]]]-------------
Milestone s.r.l., announces that RIDE will be available throughout Europe simultaneously in store and digitally for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 on APRIL 10th.
Windows PC/Steam still confirmed on March 27th.

doubledragoncc

Thats a help Daniel as I was not sure and thought it best to confirm. Thanks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Okay, so as I make motorcycle controllers I had no choice but to spend 30 quid on this thing they call a bike game.

Of the bat my first comment............They better have an update for this shit YESTERDAY!!!!!

It SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had 3 game crashes just trying to setup my controller, tried the Thrustmaster TX ONCE I got it to NOT crash and then in game the wheel wont work!!!! Go figure...............guess who is already to piss on this shite!!!

So after 3 attempts to get an XBOX 360 controller mapped and actually work in the game, it would not actually let me use the mapped buttons as I had set them up!!!!!

Gave up for now so I could just try to ride.............................

Oh, you can only race on 2 tracks and only 3 bikes available, 3 other tracks are head to head only!!!

Riding? .......................Both the original and aftermarket 360 gamepads were the same, steering is stutter y and non-precise, jerky movement just pisses me off, no need for it in a modern game and no way to adjust it as in GP Bikes, its horrible!!!

OR was it the terrible frame rate, just 33FPS was the best I could get and it felt and looked more like 15FPS, but the terrible grainyness of the graphics in general make it worse!!! In Assetto Corsa at highest settings I fun around 40-45FPS with 24 cars on the Green Hell and its silky smooth!!! WTF?
The graphics in this game are such low quality they should not demand so much GPU usage so why the terrible frame rate and jumpy graphics, it also makes the steering jumpy IMO!!!

So I only tried a few races and then wanted to throw my controller through the screen and decided to just come here and let off steam and let you know.

It COULD be a good game, but it needs desperate updating for frame rates on the PC. The controller setup sucks and yet to be looked at closely to figure out what is wrong, why wont it keep my button mappings in game? Have to be extra careful if you want to use a wheel. my brand new TX 458 Italia would not work in game!!!

Oh and a major hate...............the DIDDLYDOODLEYFUCKINDIDDLYDOO stupid guitar background music trying to make out the game is awesome and really groovey man.................I will ring the F**Kers neck who made that be in every bloody reply they make!!!......................WOOOOOOOOOOSAAAAAAAAAAA................................WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.............................Okay, Im good, seriously Im all good no problems here now  :o

Last gripe and a major turn off after riding in GPB.............SPEED................there is NON, it feels like im on a restricted 50cc for goodness sakes!!!!!

So to sum it up, run out and buy this 3 times to save your friends from being able to buy it and prove you are a true friend!!!..........Save the 3 copies for the next time you use the toilet and run out of bog paper, just make sure you have some band-aids when you do this, or if your a real biker duct tape!!!

I saw grT video from her console version and girlfriend you is lucky, PC version aint so hot.

It might get better if the frame rates and controller issues get fixed, but if they dont it is NO fun at all to play, and thats the whole point of it. I know it has customization but dang the dudes faces I was to chose from looked like a bunch of dude who just had a fight, ugly, BIG noses and lips and NO long hair in a bike game........F**K!!!! Why must I look like a Justin Bieber Gay Society member in a F**King buke game.............REALLY?

Sod it Im going for a drink to drown me sorrows.........................MUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD   

Napalm Nick

March 27, 2015, 11:10:33 PM #232 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:55:56 PM by Napalm Nick
OMG DD!!!!

Hahahahahaaha that's fekkin rage poetry that is..

It was so good I hid behind the sofa while I read it in case flying bricks came through my screen!

Thanks man, your pain caused a load of Grins here. ;D

Oh and a major hate...............the DIDDLYDOODLEYFUCKINDIDDLYDOO    hahahahahaha
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

March 27, 2015, 11:35:29 PM #233 Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:29:21 AM by doubledragoncc
I do try my best to make my rants as entertaining as possible, I mean why just say it in black and white when there are so many colorful words to use...... ;D

DD

EDIT..............Just found this comment from Milestone, note the bit about 15 YEARS of experience.......REALLY?

"It is with great pleasure that we are able to publically announce our first proprietary IP: RIDE. Milestone has worked hard over the last few years to get to the position we are in today, where we can compete with the major companies in the international gaming scene on an equal footing. This was made possible with the help of the licensed games we develop and distribute worldwide. After more than 15 years of hard work, we felt the need to develop something that would bring together all our expertise and encapsulate the Milestone DNA with respect to the world of motorcycling," said Marco Micallef, Director of Marketing and Sales.

I would have run to the nearest gun shop and bought a .50 Desert Eagle to ensure the bullet found that tiny thing called my brain after making such a comment about this shite!!!

Just sayin ya know

Klax75

My EBR on the game is giving me low oil indication, I change the oil yet it still shows it.

I just played Ride and MotoGP 14 back to back. Ride has a lot simpler riding model. Somethings are better, like the inputs, are a little smooth, and tucking in is smoother. Ride doesn't have tire management or fuel management at all. :/ No damage model, but that was expected, everything game that uses real life vehicles, planes, boats, cars and motorcycles. If you have Ferrari in your game Ferrari isn't going to show it damaged. Were as a F1 Ferrari you'll never be able to just own one and it's not a consumer model so they will show damage. I remember reading that like 20 years ago, companies will let game developers use there brand names if they can't be damaged in-game. Unless it's a racing title or a combat flight sim.

For me GP Bikes is still the best hands down. Funny thing GP Bikes for me now. Since I've only been using DST, when I go back to default steering in GP Bikes. It feels like when you play MotoGP 13/14, then switch to GP Bikes. One feels so much different.

Klax75

How do you download your steam saved game backup? It's telling me my Ride saved data is corrupt. And wants me to start all over. :/ 16 hours of playing, several bikes unlocked and topped out. Ranked 220 in the virtual ride world. :/

doubledragoncc

I have not even bothered to try it more except to see if running it in windowed mode is better but it is still shit!

I will see what I can find out bro

DD

dude

Aaaargh common guys...

I've played now for 2 hours in carreer-mode and I have a lot of fun. You cant play this game with the hope of having a simulation.

I bought at first bike the ducati monster 696...cause I drive a 796 in real. It was a bad choice cause the 696 is the absolutly slowest and I had to fight even with difficult at very easy cause the speed triples overtook me easy on the straights.
Second bike was a ducati streetfighter (yep iam a duc fanboy) and this bike makes me smile. The sound goes lovely BROOB BRROOOOBB...
The track Wales is fantastic! Try out cockpitview (without helmet) and grab a faster bike.

I really like the game cause its the only one in this format. You can have fun with naked bikes on track days, going for road racing with a sport bike and get wet with a prototype.
The rider customization is a cool feature and the bike tuning is ok. Wish their was more optical parts.

I payed 20,-€ for a steam key for this game and thats absolutly fair!

doubledragoncc

Hey Klax, can you contact steam or milestone and find out where your stats are saved online, there must be a server for RIDE customers on steam that is dedicated to this?

I cant find anything so far. Sorry m8.

I have found you really need to run it in windowed mode and reduce the quality of the graphics to get a smoother, but still not really good frame rate. I have 4GB dedicated DDR5 for graphics and cant see why such low quality graphics demand so much GPU usage? If I overclock my GPU RIDE crashes on loading? NO other program I run has a problem, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, The Crew, Battlefield, Watchdogs etc etc

I will actually admit it was a change to ride on the open roads again, just wish it was a bit better quality and handling.

DD