• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:33:27 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Team Registrations.

Started by Klax75, September 23, 2014, 02:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Was wondering if the future if we could make similar how we register are name online to play. What if we could register teams too. Then in game are teams could have a small color swatch icon, maybe 3-4 colors, and a 3 letter short name that will show up in game next to our rider name.

Like our team is Horizon GP, our colors are Black, Dark Red, Grey and White. Where on the team registration you can pick your icon team colors. Doesn't have to be a graphic that way it doesn't have to be monitored for inappropriate images. Could just be strips, horizontal, vertical or diagonal. Or colored letters for our team names.

So my name may look like in game.
HGP Klax75

Then on the stats page you can view by teams too.

Just a idea.

WALKEN

Help me, help you!

Hawk

I think that would be a nice touch to see onscreen Klax, especially when online.

Actually this probably wouldn't be too hard to implement through maybe the config file - "Team Detail" section to set out the wording and colour styling of the team and rider names?
All the rider would have to do is edit the "Team Details" section of the config file?

I'm no script coder, but I think that is how it could be done quite quickly? But obviously a little extra coding would have to be applied to the server code I think to be able to display it, but again it shouldn't be a major job at all to implement this.

What do you coding guys think?

Hawk.