• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:02:32 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Virtual Bike Controls

Started by teeds, September 26, 2014, 03:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman^kfmf

April 21, 2016, 02:10:56 PM #15 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:02:41 PM by sandman^kfmf
I will try to make a video in slowmo. Because I might be wrong, but this LtoR and RtoL wheel moves with standard control looks for me very strange and i think this can be the only cause for this type of lowside (when i'm 101% sure what i'm accelerating more than enough).

HornetMaX

Quote from: sandman^kfmf on April 21, 2016, 02:10:56 PM
I will try to make a video in slowmo. Because I might be wrong, but this LtoR and RtoL wheel moves with standard control looks for me very strange and i think this can be only cause for this type of lowside (when i'm 101% sure what i'm opening gas).
Good idea, because according to what you've written above, you may be referring to something else (the known "issue" of the front not tracking properly).

Vini

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread but is this in any way connected to a dual axis handlebar controller (input via direct steer, lean angle output only)?

sandman^kfmf

Looks like HornetMaX You were absolutley right about steering to quick. :)
This video at 0:30 second explains everything about "why I can't standup some times at higher speed". :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBC-qYGgk-I&feature=youtu.be
The virtual driver just tries to turn the handlebars to fast. And it does his job very good. :D
BTW, after some time studying my replays, I have found in my track (I'm driving in my local track, in Lithuania - Nemuno ziedas, converted from rFactor) that famous "rider eject" bug on turn what has raised a question about lowsides. Because i'm playing a game in cockpit view, i have never see it clear in real time action.

sandman^kfmf

Quote from: vin97 on April 21, 2016, 05:59:52 PM
Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread but is this in any way connected to a dual axis handlebar controller (input via direct steer, lean angle output only)?

Sorry mate, looks like I have mixed the subject "Virtual Bike Controls" with "Virtual Rider Controls"  :-[ My fault.

HornetMaX

Quote from: sandman^kfmf on April 21, 2016, 07:50:37 PM
The virtual driver just tries to turn the handlebars to fast. And it does his job very good. :D
But it's hard to say if its the virtual rider's fault or yours. Could also come from the track, or underinflated / overheating tyres ...
We have seen thiis kind of things but recently I haven't heard a lot of complains about it.

sandman^kfmf

April 22, 2016, 07:38:45 AM #21 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:45:04 AM by sandman^kfmf
If virtual driver, reacts exactly to my control input, when it's my fault. :) On flat track surface (no uphill at turn direction change) this issue occurs only if I try to pull bike as fast as I can (IRL of course this is physically impossible). This video I have made with unnecessary quick bike lean back to upright position and this is result. Yesterday I have enabled 100% smoothing on both lean part of control, to make handlebars move more like IRL - slower. Tried a few laps, and now controls is much more smoother in all "dangerous" parts of track. ;) But for now, my track have a few very high uphill parts where "rider eject" bug occur (for now this can be avoided without driver leaning left/right).
Here is my track videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ27jj0FXTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyVRIL9yCM
Thanks for help and comments!

Napalm Nick

Looks like you did a nice conversion on that track! Can we have a go?  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: sandman^kfmf on April 22, 2016, 07:38:45 AM
Yesterday I have enabled 100% smoothing on both lean part of control, to make handlebars move more like IRL - slower. Tried a few laps, and now controls is much more smoother in all "dangerous" parts of track. ;)
So you are whacking that joystick too much :) Be gentle and you won't need any smoothing on the lean.

Problem in up/downhill turns are known. No real solution for that at the moment.

Notice also that you're using a mod bike: as some issues could come from the bike's physics, if you report a "bug" it's always better to show it on the default bikes (unless of course you're reporting something to have the mod bike fixed).

Cheers !

sandman^kfmf

April 22, 2016, 11:17:26 AM #24 Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:30:13 AM by sandman^kfmf
Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 22, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Sure. ;)
Second video have a link to track download (before I have forgoten to add ecription key - so now added and download will work).
Only, now I don't remember, have I added a replay cameras in this version, or no.  :-\ I will reupload track with cameras today at evening.

Napalm Nick

Sweet mate thank you.  I didn't see the link I am on a tablet at the moment which is dire  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: sandman^kfmf on April 22, 2016, 11:17:26 AM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 22, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

Sure. ;)
Second video have a link to track download.
Only, now I don't remember, have I added a replay cameras in this version, or no.  :-\ I will reupload track with cameras today at evening.

Yeah looks good! Would it be okay to put your track in the "Track Downloads" Database?  ;D

Hawk.

sandman^kfmf

Sure.
I have a permission of creator for conversion. :)

Hawk

Quote from: sandman^kfmf on April 22, 2016, 11:30:51 AM
Sure.
I have a permission of creator for conversion. :)

Thanks mate, appreciated!  ;D 8)

I usually do 2 versions for the database: A dynamic and none dynamic track surface version(_NDS).
I presume you don't mind me adding a version number and (_NDS) suffix to the track title name? It's just to keep things organised and to allow users to know which track and version is being used on the servers.  ;) :)

Thanks Sandman!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

sandman^kfmf

Of course! You can use it as You need. :)