• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:56:56 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

QUICK NOOB QUESTION - DIRECT LEAN

Started by morvio100, September 04, 2022, 04:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morvio100

Any of you GP nutcases answer this one - does direct lean work better with auto l/r lean  and f/b lean ticked - I have tried direct lean with opentrack, pretty happy with how its operating, but here the caveat when I untick suto l/r lean  and f/b lean, i really struggle to get the rider to shift enough l and r (also the r and l lean is not as smooth as when ticked)...2 regards f and b lean the rider leans back correctly but when i lean forward the helmet is basically right under the windowshield... thanks nutters...or nearly forgot is direct lean supposed to be used with auto l/r lean  and f/b lean ticked or is it designed to operate with both those unticked..thanks guys

doubledragoncc

September 04, 2022, 07:14:55 PM #1 Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 07:17:13 PM by doubledragoncc
It is better to have manual control, BUT it depends HOW you do it. I have a pure body motion system and it is great, but using head tracking will be off as it is head not body. Either way if you can use manual it is far better.

Heres a vid to show what I mean:

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

morvio100

September 05, 2022, 01:39:22 PM #2 Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:29:35 PM by morvio100
Thanks for the reply DD, the opentrack is working better now (I have unticked auto l/r lean and f/b lean - as you suggested full manual is better and more of a challenging (I DONT USE THE OPENTRACK FOR FREELOOK its ticked as trackir - I AM USING THE ARUCO system ....so its fully tracking 60f - i think the pov view is the only real way to play this sim tbh......and have direct lean about 31 I think - the heading setting - think the heading is currently with the rider view i think... I'll have to tinker with, i have widened the lateral movement param for l r lean - the rider is now shifting weight correctly, however calibrating the y and z for vertical and back/forward is trickery (cant get the helmet to tuck down to the tank fully yet- it is great when set up right - the view as your as your pushed as far laterally/lean as you can get and seeing the kurbing whizzing by inches from the helmet . ..very viseral ...thanks again