• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:10:52 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPB Alpha versions

Started by BOBR6 84, October 06, 2014, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Some want's probably see the progess?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 13, 2014, 01:58:24 PM
Please leave GPB alpha versions alone. They should be forgotten.

Ok, no problem! I just wanted to try the original 250cc thats all..

Abigor

Quote from: Hawk_UK on October 13, 2014, 02:38:55 PM
+1 Piboso.

Personally I cannot understand why anyone would want to install previous versions of GPB??? Why? I mean, you cannot ride online with previous versions, you cannot get any benefit from the development process and gains in performance, so what's the point???  ::) :o

Hawk.
if i'm not mistaken i think that you prefer older bikes and that's ok......i prefer beta 4 lol ;D  so there you go....  well i guess we are all different......and that "you cannot ride online"  well.... just like in real life i prefer empty track......just me and my bike  ;) i hope you understand

doubledragoncc

Hi Piboso.

I fully understand what you mean and agree to the most part with you. The only reason I have kept a copy and still use it is because I designed my control systems using Alpha7 as it was the latest version when I started and it was very easy to ride with. I build my systems for all ages of people and have to test them with kids too, I have had 8 year olds use them. The new betas take a lot of practice to be able to ride and for testing my systems as I change design and have different people test them that do not normally ride in GPBikes the Alpha7 allows me to have people use and test the controllers without having to spend hours learning the newer physics. Not only this but in order for someone younger who has not quite the ability to understand all of the physics involved, it allows them to still be able to enjoy GPBikes. I do fully understand anyone thinking this is wrong as far as to the respect that GPBikes is a full bike sim, it helps some learn to walk before they can run, meaning that by using the Alpha7 first and getting good on it, is a good step to then use the beta5b and start with a better understanding of how GPBikes works. In many ways it is like having 2 levels of skills needed to ride in GPBikes. When thinking about the people that cant learn as quickly as others it is a way to give more people a chance to enjoy this amazing sim.

It is wrong to expect everybody that uses GPBikes to be made to have to suffer the process needed to learn how to ride in GPBikes. Some people may be put off by the long learning curve of the beta's, but given the chance to use the Alpha7, they get to have a chance to enjoy it from the start.

As I said I test my systems for all ages, but also for all other bike games and sims. I can not expect to use only people who are good in GPBikes beta5b.

As a last note, think of how many have downloaded the beta5b and tried it, only to think that they wont buy a license because it is too hard for them to learn and enjoy. I know this may be the wrong way to think as this is a pure sim and should only be marketed as such, but I just wonder how many people dont buy a license just because they dont have the learning ability that is expected of them.

I do hope you dont take this the wrong way Piboso as I am 100% behind your software and your ethos. I just find it easier for newcomers to use the Alpha7 first.

I cant wait for the beta6 BTW, 5b is great and love it with all the new bikes and track so many here provide for all of us. So a BIG THANKS to you all in the community.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.