• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:49 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Handbrake pushing

Started by Mac, October 23, 2014, 11:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Hi all, I've just installed WRS beta 5 (I tried older betas time ago) and I noticed that in open-wheeled and GT cars if I push handbrake command the car gets a push.
I tought it was like a mechanic pushing the car from behind but I noticed that it gives me more speed anytime.
Is it a bug or a strange feature?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mac on October 23, 2014, 11:30:27 AM
Hi all, I've just installed WRS beta 5 (I tried older betas time ago) and I noticed that in open-wheeled and GT cars if I push handbrake command the car gets a push.
I tought it was like a mechanic pushing the car from behind but I noticed that it gives me more speed anytime.

It is a terrible bug  :-[
It was meant as a quick debug placeholder for the sprint car starter ( sprint cars are push-started ), for internal testing only... :(
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

dibu

Interesting, I've never noticed this bug because there was no need to use the handbrake except for RX in rare cases.

Alby46

also a user i know noticed that yesterday evening
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on October 23, 2014, 02:50:39 PM
Interesting, I've never noticed this bug because there was no need to use the handbrake except for RX in rare cases.

Unfortunately, the push works on all cars, so you are getting a wrong behaviour on the RX, too  :-[
What a mistake...  :( The test code could have been enabled with engine-off only, at least... :'(

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 23, 2014, 05:29:16 PM

Unfortunately, the push works on all cars, so you are getting a wrong behaviour on the RX, too  :-[
What a mistake...  :( The test code could have been enabled with engine-off only, at least... :'(

Take it easy and concern it as East Egg ;)  ATM there is no real need to use the handbrake. Delete the stats when WRS Beta6 is out and we'll start over.

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on October 23, 2014, 07:00:34 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 23, 2014, 05:29:16 PM

Take it easy and concern it as East Egg ;)  ATM there is no real need to use the handbrake. Delete the stats when WRS Beta6 is out and we'll start over.

Unlike Easter Eggs, this greatly affects results, though  :(
Beta6 coming as soon as possible, but not too soon unfortunately  :-[

Mac

Oh well, I promise i won't use it  :D
But once this info is public, online races in WRS won't be the same.  :-X

dibu

Quote from: Mac on October 25, 2014, 08:46:09 AM
Oh well, I promise i won't use it  :D
But once this info is public, online races in WRS won't be the same.  :-X
I can live with the bug until next beta but my motivation to drive new hotlaps is gone.

HornetMaX

NIIITRROOOO !!!!!

;D

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 27, 2014, 07:43:03 AM

NIIITRROOOO !!!!!

;D

MaX.

Not exactly nitro, but a big push: sprint cars need it, since they have a 900hp engine  :o

Mac

Quotesprint cars need it
Wait wait wait.. I didn't read about sprint cars in your first reply. Do you mean that we'll have 900bhp sprint cars in Beta6?  :o