• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Live timing pluging needed for livestream

Started by Furious, December 04, 2014, 05:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furious

Hi!
As you might know, I will be streaming races of the STK 1000 championship, but I need some help to do so in proper way.
As things are happening fast in GP Bikes ( crashes, disconnects etc.) I need to be sure that what I'm commenting is truth. So here is my problem. I need a live timing plugin capable of showing small circles ( maybe with different colours ) with riders numbers on it around map of the track we are racing. Can anyone, familiar with plugins, tell me if that is possible?

HornetMaX

At the moment, it is not possible. At least not easily.

Theoretically I could code a plugin that is installed in each client (each rider participating) and sends the position to a "server" that shows all that.

It would be much simpler if GPB passed the other riders position on the track to the plugins (the server already sends to the clients the position of the other riders, so it's just a matter of passing all this to the plugins). That done, I could show the other riders in the MaxHUD track map.

Would also be nice to have a live standing (as sometimes on the track you don't even know if the guy just in front of you is just before you or is a lap behind).

MaX.

Furious

Live standing would be also nice, as you said. I remember that there is 1 parameter in log file that GP Bikes generates automaticly in "my documents/piboso" folder that tell us about position on the track ( meters passed of the track lenght  for example 1568 (meters of the 4600 m long track) .

With that information from all of the server clients we could do that.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Furious on December 04, 2014, 09:10:24 PM
Live standing would be also nice, as you said. I remember that there is 1 parameter in log file that GP Bikes generates automaticly in "my documents/piboso" folder that tell us about position on the track ( meters passed of the track lenght  for example 1568 (meters of the 4600 m long track) .

With that information from all of the server clients we could do that.
We could send all that to a centralized tool that show real-time info, but it would be a pain.
As said, each client already knows the position of all the riders, so it should be way easier to just pas it to the plugins: no need for a centralized tool, no need for extra unpload bandwidth, much easier coding, ... just a vastly superior option.

MaX.