• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:33:36 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Data mismatch

Started by BOBR6 84, November 01, 2014, 09:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

November 01, 2014, 09:31:00 AM Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:47:57 AM by BOBR6 84
i have bike mod 2.25.. the servers are updated the same! why data mismatch?

EDIT: i can connect to the oldschool server 500 thats all..

dibu

Oldschool uses the MOD version from MEGA atm but Alibaskins discovered differences between the download sources.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=789.msg22785#msg22785

BOBR6 84

Pe

November 17, 2014, 09:32:09 AM #3 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:15:50 PM by Pe
since today i get data mismatch on every online server. Even on standard victoria with the 990. Anybody else?

Problem is solved. Wrong Bike Set

Harrytmj66

I downloaded new bike mod and tracks etc but i can only get on the Victoria server  :-[ Data Mismatch error comes up

Hawk

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on November 23, 2014, 03:29:52 PM
I downloaded new bike mod and tracks etc but i can only get on the Victoria server  :-[ Data Mismatch error comes up

At the moment different servers are updating with different mods because there has been new updates of bike mods in between the "Bike MOD Version" update dates of the 1st and 14th of each month.

In my opinion server admins should not do this because it leads to confusion and the inevitable data mismatches. Either let's have a situation were the "Bike MOD version" is updated as and when new bike mod updates are released or let's have restraint not to update until the "Bike MOD Version" update at the 1st and 14th of each month.

In my opinion this needs sorting out or we are now going to end up with this mess every time a new bike mod update is released outside the "Bike MOD Version" update dates.

As far as I understand, the original reason for the limited dates for updating the "Bike MOD Version" was so as not to overload the server admins work load. Well seems to me that, from the majority of server admins actions just lately, they actually prefer to have the "Bike MOD Version" updates as and when they are released; so the way forward is quite clear to me: Let's have the "Bike MOD Version" updates as and when they are released rather than only twice a month?  :P :)

Just some thoughts for debate..... What do you guys think?   :)

Hawk.

dibu

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 23, 2014, 04:02:16 PM
At the moment different servers are updating with different mods because there has been new updates of bike mods in between the "Bike MOD Version" update dates of the 1st and 14th of each month.

In my opinion server admins should not do this because it leads to confusion and the inevitable data mismatches. Either let's have a situation were the "Bike MOD version" is updated as and when new bike mod updates are released or let's have restraint not to update until the "Bike MOD Version" update at the 1st and 14th of each month.

In my opinion this needs sorting out or we are now going to end up with this mess every time a new bike mod update is released outside the "Bike MOD Version" update dates.

As far as I understand, the original reason for the limited dates for updating the "Bike MOD Version" was so as not to overload the server admins work load. Well seems to me that, from the majority of server admins actions just lately, they actually prefer to have the "Bike MOD Version" updates as and when they are released; so the way forward is quite clear to me: Let's have the "Bike MOD Version" updates as and when they are released rather than only twice a month?  :P :)

Just some thoughts for debate..... What do you guys think?   :)

Hawk.
You're right Hawk, this time I'm guilty too (hmm, sorry I can't tell you in public who was standing in front of me showing his gun ;) )

Yes, let's go back to the basics and stay with the offical MOD when Klax publishes the next one. I also think it's better for all.

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on November 23, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
You're right Hawk, this time I'm guilty too (hmm, sorry I can't tell you in public who was standing in front of me showing his gun ;) )

Yes, let's go back to the basics and stay with the offical MOD when Klax publishes the next one. I also think it's better for all.

Lol.... So long as it was a BIG gun. Hehe  ;D

Hawk.