• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:35 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Trouble with FM7 RX

Started by Obelix90, November 02, 2014, 01:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obelix90

Hi,

we (Steven and me) tried the Beta5 the last few days and it makes a lot of fun and the physics feel really real in my opinion. But we got a lot of problems when driving with the FM7 (fmk7_rx).
We tried to reproduce the bugs with the other cars but there are no problems.

• Ghost car in multiplayer (LAN and online)

•          
    • I can see Steven's car, but he can't see my car
    • It's not better, when he enters the track after me (because of the skin loading)
  • Black screens

•          
    • The background of the garage is black, instead of the car standing in the garage (this is reproducible)
    • When going to track, everything is black and only the "Pit Limiter" message shows up
  • No moter sound   

•          
    • There is no motor sound but the sound of the turbocharger (the car is drivable)
  • No driver besides the car in the menu after disconnecting from server or leaving "Testing"
  • No driver and no car in menu after connecting and disconnecting a second time
  • and a lot of core.exe bugs everywhere  :o :)
Maybe anyone else could try to reproduce these bugs.
We use two different laptops. One with Win7 (Core i5, Nvidia GT540M) and one with Win8.1 (Core i5, AMD HD5650).

Thanks, Obelix90.

dibu

November 02, 2014, 04:22:22 PM #1 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:00:16 PM by dibu
I just did some online tests at Victoria with Steven, Obelix90 and two of my licenses.
First we all used RX at my "Open for all #1" server.

We could reproduce many of the problems described above. Even when custom skins were removed and everybody used the default skin we had problems with sometimes invisible RX cars or partly displaced skins. This did not happen with the other cars.

The server was restarted multiple times during the tests.

Connection problems, (not RX specific):
If you leave a session, go to Testing and you want to rejoin the previous session it simply says "error". You can only come back if you change your car. When you choose a new car there is often no picture of the car in the showroom or parts like the driver's head are missing. Also it often ends with core.exe.

I never realised the problems before because with beta5 I mostly drove Hotlaps with one fixed car and without opponents.   

With previous betas I was much more online with others and didn't have problems like these.

Also compared with the number of people who use my WRS servers, I've quite a lot core.exe problems there. Dispite more used, my GPB and KRP servers are much more stable.

Furious

I'm almost certain that you know this, but once you go on track from the pits the RX is juddering around. Juts like it was dropped from some hight.