• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:06:20 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Core crashes offline with beta6

Started by ghostchild, November 04, 2014, 02:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostchild

November 09, 2014, 05:00:19 PM #15 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:41:03 PM by ghostchild
Quote from: teeds on November 07, 2014, 05:07:02 PM
You will have Acer stuff running then. I would try the msconfig tool to get the cleanest boot you can to test GPB with, it very easy to do and undo. In the msconfig tool (hit the start button and type "msconfig") click the "startup" tab and hit "disable all", then on the "services" tab check "Hide all Microsoft services" and then "disable all", then OK and reboot. If it makes no difference just reverse the above to get back to as you were.
If that still gives no joy I'd also be trying a full scan disk - in an elevated command prompt type "chkdsk c: /r" and answer yes to "do you want this to run after a reboot as the drive is locked" question, this will take some time to complete. It's possible your GPB 6c install is using different parts of the disk than earlier versions.
Have you tried any other Open GL based games?
You're running an i5 chip, have you loaded the latest chipset drivers?
Is your DirectX fully updated? I'm not sure but this might still be used for controller input?
Have you tested your memory?

Ok, I disabled all Acer stuff, full scan disk (chkdsk c: /r) and memory tested (memtest86+): no errors.
DirectX and Intel chipset drivers updated.
Still core crashes offline.... at least now I know that my computer is ok.
Still don't understand why, with the same configuration (software and hardware), with beta4 and 5 I never had core crashes offline, and above all why, on the same track, offline crashes and online not!

Hawk

Quote from: ghostchild on November 09, 2014, 05:00:19 PM
Ok, I disabled all Acer stuff, full scan disk (chkdsk c: /r) and memory tested (memtest86+): no errors.
DirectX and Intel chipset drivers updated.
Still core crashes offline.... at least now I know that my computer is ok.
Still don't understand why, with the same configuration (software and hardware), with beta4 and 5 I never had core crashes offline, and above all why, on the same track, offline crashes and online not!

Are you running Windows or Apple Mac OS?

Hawk.

ghostchild

doubledragoncc

I get loads of offline crashes too. Freshly installed Win7 Ultimate and Win10. Both have same issues. It will crash when I change track on same bike, then resatrt and dont crash at the same point? Change bike, crash, restart no crash at same point. Then had one stage where it crashed EVERY time l tried to change bike. Fresh install and okay at bike change bike point but still cashes randomly and even on a reply.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

ghostchild

Hope this can be resolved in some way, but I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the next beta  ::)