• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:04:53 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Constructive feedback about the game and its future direction

Started by rodney007, November 05, 2014, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

QuoteThe physics simulation is now the state of the art. So from now on you should not expect big changes, but a lot of parameters tuning.
PiBoSo: some users misunderstood this declaration.
As an ex automation engineering student I know that parameters tuning is essential to make a system working functionally.
Also in automation the "physics simulation" is pretty standard and the work is almos all about tuning. It makes the difference between a working and a not working system so you (PiBoSo) did a double job.
But for most users "parameters tuning" only means "small refinements", which are not.
Now we have the groundwork, it's time to build the remaining parts.

Good work.

rodney007

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 06, 2014, 09:51:45 AM
Quote from: rodney007 on November 06, 2014, 01:13:31 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2014, 02:44:52 PM
Bottom line: GP Bikes physics improved greatly since Beta4. It is now, at last, a full fledged simulator. Only brakes need some more work to simulate temperature, wear and weight.
Problem is, physics parameters of the "stock" bikes have not be properly updated to match the changes. Virtual rider and dampers are the first coming to mind. However, some data has already been changed to be more realistic: springs, steer lock, aerodynamic.
State of the art doesn't mean realistic or simulation.

Yes it is: the algorithms used in Beta6 make GP Bikes a full fledged realistic simulator.

The features implemented are state of the art however they are not setup correctly..

What we are trying to say as although you think your game is perfect it is far from it. There are several members on this forum
that race or ride in real life who would be significantly beneficial to the development of the physics.

Did you read the reply to Abigor? Or Stout's excellent post?  ???

Considering you feel that not having race track experience has nothing to do with making a racing simulation just bit bit silly. Game developers engage with the community/professionals and make changes. Not just a few people but many to find the balance.

To quote myself:
The physics simulation is now the state of the art. So from now on you should not expect big changes, but a lot of parameters tuning. To do that, of course feedback is not only welcome, as always, but needed.

Did you read any of the posts in this thread?  >:(

Yes... even this part:

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2014, 08:14:58 PM
Quote from: yan24 on November 05, 2014, 08:09:45 PM
PIBOSO excuse me but I want to know if you've already driven a motorcycle on the track ???

What has this to do with making a simulator?
It's like asking Dall'Igna if he ever rode a MotoGP... ::)

To me you seem like someone with a very messy desk, you keep adding paper work without a correct filing system and moving to new documents because you thought the old ones where done.

Now documents are being left underneath and are being neglected. Although the fresh documents on top look good, and it may be easy to say "wait wait,... these documents are fresh and "state of the art" before you know it the stack of paper work will fall off the desk and you will be left in a pile messy crap (paper).

Now I am no wise pigeon however I think it doesn't take a genius to figure out how you go about managing your desk (game).

Mac

@rodney: I'm going to buy a license if YOUR sim is better than PiBoSo's one.

FastFreddy

Quote from: rodney007 on November 06, 2014, 10:46:50 AM

To me you seem like someone with a very messy desk, you keep adding paper work without a correct filing system and moving to new documents because you thought the old ones where done.

Now documents are being left underneath and are being neglected. Although the fresh documents on top look good, and it may be easy to say "wait wait,... these documents are fresh and "state of the art" before you know it the stack of paper work will fall off the desk and you will be left in a pile messy crap (paper).

Now I am no wise pigeon however I think it doesn't take a genius to figure out how you go about managing your desk (game).

PiBoSo

Quote from: rodney007 on November 06, 2014, 10:46:50 AM

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Ian

I have just read this post and its perfectly clear where Piboso is going with the game.
He now needs our input not insults, our support and time to fine tune.

Yohji

Piboso, if you can, I want debug mode (like a assetto corsa)
now we hard to what happen bike in GPBikes, if we have debug mode, we more easy to modding or fine tune ore anything...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Yohji on November 06, 2014, 02:20:40 PM
Piboso, if you can, I want debug mode (like a assetto corsa)
now we hard to what happen bike in GPBikes, if we have debug mode, we more easy to modding or fine tune ore anything...

How should the debug mode work?

Yohji

I seem like these
AC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxx9_9W3fY
or beam ng (sry, I cant found good pic to explain...)

I hope, can check ex) tyre press, wear, temp, tyre wheel rate(how weight to tyre) how many Chassis flex, how power or toruque now, drag, anything, it can watch with playing real time (if  one is allowed to wish so much its log and graphing.. )

and See-through circuit mesh...

(sry for bad explain and english...)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Yohji on November 06, 2014, 02:46:06 PM
I seem like these
AC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxx9_9W3fY
or beam ng (sry, I cant found good pic to explain...)

I hope, can check ex) tyre press, wear, temp, tyre wheel rate(how weight to tyre) how many Chassis flex, how power or toruque now, drag, anything, it can watch with playing real time (if  one is allowed to wish so much its log and graphing.. )

and See-through circuit mesh...

(sry for bad explain and english...)

To enable debug mode, edit the file profile.ini ( located in the profile directory under "profiles" in "My Documents"\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\ ) and add:

[debug]
physics = 1

It was meant for internal use only, so it's not polished and is, of course, unsupported.

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Alby46 on November 06, 2014, 04:08:29 PM
debug may be the solution to help you

It's not THE solution.
All feedback is needed: from modders, from those who test the bikes, from setup changes, ...

WALKEN

November 06, 2014, 04:23:41 PM #87 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:26:19 PM by WALKEN
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 06, 2014, 04:10:09 PM
Quote from: Alby46 on November 06, 2014, 04:08:29 PM
debug may be the solution to help you

It's not THE solution.
All feedback is needed: from modders, from those who test the bikes, from setup changes, ...

Exactly! So if anyone is going to post insults or overlord type opinions I'll just start deleting your posts, simple as that! Cause & effect people! Give feed back please and if you feel something is off to you explain how but don't assume you know better and if you think you do then go develop your own simulation. Insults are considered worthless information. 
Help me, help you!

Alone

2 cents about the v-rider. We already discuss it in the old forum, and I don´t know if it serves, but in line with Stout´s said:

Testing the same curve, with the same line, same tyres, at the same speed, etc. the difference between rider lean on/off is huge. Allways wtih the rider lean to the curve´s inside, when you pull throttle you fall (no care if you are leaning in auto or manual set). Allways your rider lean is off ("Haillwood style") you can throttle and take the curve perfect (the only way to do that is in auto rider lean off).

Yohji