• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Constructive feedback about the game and its future direction

Started by rodney007, November 05, 2014, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

rodney007

For what its worth...

My GP-bikes install has little to almost no front-end wobble at all.

The change has no impact on other physics characteristics (from my testing).

So if an issue like wobble is only a couple of lines that need to be changed why is it not already fixed?

PiBoSo

Quote from: rodney007 on November 06, 2014, 10:32:10 PM
For what its worth...

So if an issue like wobble is only a couple of lines that need to be changed why is it not already fixed?

What lines?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

For what its worth...

Hi Rodney.

If you've almost cured the front end wobble issue then please tell us what you've done to cure it.  ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: girlracerTracey on November 06, 2014, 02:40:34 AM
The thought that keeps occurring to me if I am honest is this: How can anyone devise a motorcycle racing simulation in the absence of full & proper input, testing and ongoing consultation with individuals who race in real life or have done so in the past ?
Engineers do this all the time. Because physical models are physical models.
I've been working for years on satellite and spacecraft simulators and guess what, we had no feedback from satellite or spacecraft drivers :)

Also, on this whole forum, I've met no more than 2-3 people with riding experience that could provide useful feedback (beyond basic stuff I mean).
Most of the other riders (whichever riding skill they may have) have such a little understanding of physics that they are totally unable to translate what they feel into useful info.

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 06, 2014, 03:58:54 PM
To enable debug mode, edit the file profile.ini ( located in the profile directory under "profiles" in "My Documents"\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\ ) and add:

[debug]
physics = 1

w00t ! Thanks ! I was about to ask for this two days ago (mainly for a tire overheating problem with the wss 600, but who knows).

MaX.

skerp

I think  Piboso forward 100 years, compared to all driving games, they both have 2 wheels or 4 wheels, and I think that the biggest problem is the rider, but not the virtual one, I say the real one! ! how is it possible that there are 10 seconds of difference between a rider and the other? if there is a bug, then there is for everyone or not? So let's face honestly! do you think the teams take a bike out of the truck and run it immediately? of course not! you have to find the right setting, the right tires, the right calibration of the shock absorbers, the right steering angle, for every fucking track! ......... so before you criticize Piboso, let's examine honestly .. we want a simulator?  or baby games? wich any person takes the motion from the motor-home and takes to the track and win!  is this called simulation? no guys! and Piboso is well aware of this.....certainly there are problems! but many are not attributable to Piboso.
this is just my thoughts, I have the lot respect for your opinions. ;)

rodney007

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 06, 2014, 10:39:48 PM
For what its worth...

What lines?

Will PM you later.

BOBR6 84

November 07, 2014, 12:00:31 AM #97 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:02:12 AM by BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 06, 2014, 11:15:25 PM
The thought that keeps occurring to me if I am honest is this: How can anyone devise a motorcycle racing simulation in the absence of full & proper input, testing and ongoing consultation with individuals who race in real life or have done so in the past ?
I've been working for years on satellite and spacecraft simulators and guess what, we had no feedback from satellite or spacecraft drivers :)

Also, on this whole forum, I've met no more than 2-3 people with riding experience that could provide useful feedback (beyond basic stuff I mean).
Most of the other riders (whichever riding skill they may have) have such a little understanding of physics that they are totally unable to translate what they feel into useful info.

To enable debug mode, edit the file profile.ini ( located in the profile directory under "profiles" in "My Documents"\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\ ) and add:

[debug]
physics = 1

w00t ! Thanks ! I was about to ask for this two days ago (mainly for a tire overheating problem with the wss 600, but who knows).

MaX.
Lol!! I definately fit in the ''most'' catagory haha  ;D

In fact.. This forum alone is more helpful to me!   ;)

Question.. Kart racing sim is used by quite alot of kart racers to practice! With a wheel and force feedback its pretty damn good I imagine!
Is that meant to be the purpose of gpbikes? Or does it exist simply because it can? Although it can help people understand setup/suspension.. Using a gamepad is a world away.. So whats the purpose? Simulation ''game'' ?? Or a simulator ??

Furious

[debug]
physics = 1

MaX.

Just waited for someone to point that out, so I didn't have to. THX Max :)

JamoZ

People have been working on and with satelite & space stuff/calculations/physics alot longer then PiBoSo or anyone else has been working on a bike simulator. Enough info & experience to be found there not?

BOBR6 84

November 07, 2014, 01:15:11 AM #100 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:27:02 AM by BOBR6 84
Maybe a moderator could set up another topic/thread for direct feedback..

Usually all conversations/debates are started by a user who doesnt understand something or is having some trouble.. If piboso looks through these threads it must be difficult to take feedback from that.

Maybe piboso could ask specific questions on something he needs feedback on?
That would probably be more productive and would give people an idea of what to look out for when doing laps.. Just a thought.

Im on it every day.. So are alot of others! Give us some tasks!   ;D

WALKEN

How about if I just rename this thread?

Feed back is great if something is repeated by many oppose to opinions from know it alls...  ;)
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

WALKEN

The problem with this thread is the authors first line reads-

"No offence (though will likely offend) This game feels horrible."

That is just flat out rude and isn't helpful at all. What if someone likes the feel of the handling, does that make them ignorant?

If 50 people say "the riders head is backwards" then that is positive feedback. If one person likes the head on backwards then that would make him/her alone in their opinion.  To say the game feels horrible is an opinion not a fact or helpful feedback. I would be worried to open a "feedback" thread as it might turn into a pissing match?   
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

I agree with you but that happens anyway lol.

I think its all going around in circles.. Its just a thought that if piboso asked some questions now and again, that in itself would give a sense of direction for everyone.. Instead of arguing over bill and teds different opinion everytime somebody makes a post! (im guilty of it too)