• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta 6c physics total Discussion

Started by Yohji, November 07, 2014, 08:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji

this topic for discuss GPBikes beta6c discussion.

my first question, Chassis flex only lateral side? if can use vertical flex, it maybe good feeling when junp randing, washboard kerbs...

HornetMaX

As far as I can see, only lateral flexibility of fork and swing arm has been introduced. To me it's all we need.

What do you mean with "vertical chassis flex" ?

MaX.

Yohji

so, now fork and swing arm flex to left or side(lateral) its not flex to up or down(its mean Vertical)?

in cfg file, only lateral frex.

HornetMaX

Swing arm vertical flexibility is likely to be irrelevant, as anyway you have a suspension attached to it.

Lateral for both fork and swing arm is all we need (and have).

If you wanted to be and absolute sim maniac (which I don't recommend for GPB), you should separate lateral flexibility from torsional flexibility and you should also include fork bending under longitudinal forces (e.g. when braking hard).

I think the current implementation (lat flex only) covers 99.999% of our needs.

MaX.

Yohji

hm,

I tryed edit flexing, maybe stiffness 0=flex off.

so, I want debug for flexing,,,

PiBoSo

November 08, 2014, 05:46:22 PM #5 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:16:43 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 07, 2014, 01:19:28 PM
Swing arm vertical flexibility is likely to be irrelevant, as anyway you have a suspension attached to it.

Lateral for both fork and swing arm is all we need (and have).

If you wanted to be and absolute sim maniac (which I don't recommend for GPB), you should separate lateral flexibility from torsional flexibility and you should also include fork bending under longitudinal forces (e.g. when braking hard).

I think the current implementation (lat flex only) covers 99.999% of our needs.

MaX.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1622.msg23296#msg23296

FYI, professional simulators only simulate the front flex ( the very few that simulate chassis flex at all ).
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Yohji

beta6 Correspondence slipper clutch? I feel difference from beta5

and beta6 still strange motion in up hill & down hill its cant fix now...? and what its cause?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Yohji on November 14, 2014, 02:00:26 PM
beta6 Correspondence slipper clutch? I feel difference from beta5

and beta6 still strange motion in up hill & down hill its cant fix now...? and what its cause?

No changes in the slipper clutch simulation.