• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:09:49 PM

Bike stand missing

Started by HornetMaX, December 10, 2014, 09:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi all,

bike stand is missing for bikes Ducati GP12, Honda RCV213, Suzuki GSVR (all in GP1000 category).

It seems each bike is referencing his own custom stand (in the bike .ini file), but the stands are not available (at least on the Bike MOD mega).

Either they should use the default stand, or their custom one should be provided.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

My stands are there but the whole rear end has sunk into the ground!  ???

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 10, 2014, 09:21:48 PM
My stands are there but the whole rear end has sunk into the ground!  ???
Probably a side effect ... of the missing stands :)

MaX.

BOBR6 84

HornetMaX

Hmmm ... I think there's a big mess on most of the mod bikes about the stand. All the modders should have a look at that.

My understanding is that, starting beta5 (or 6, can't remember), you shouldn't include the stand.cfg, and the 3 associated .edf files (3d model for object, shadows and ambient shadows, the latter seems to be not mandatory) within your mod bike. You should just reference (in the bike's .ini file) a stand model from the misc directory (the default one is called "default", oDi has created one named "single_arm" for single arm bikes and there are custom ones for "Honda_500_NSR_95", "Suzuki_500_RGV_93" and "Yamaha_500_YZR_93").

Bikes that need things to be sorted out:

• All the Moto2 and Moto3: unnecessary stand.cfg, stand.edf, stand_s.edf.
  • Aprilia rsa250: unnecessary stand.cfg, stand.edf, stand_s.edf.
  • Aprilia rsv4 SBK: unnecessary stand.cfg, stand.edf, stand_s.edf.
  • Aprilia rsv4 (STK): unnecessary stand.cfg, stand.edf, stand_s.edf.
  • DucatiGP10: unnecessary stand.cfg, stand.edf, stand_s.edf.
  • All the WSS600: unnecessary stand.cfg, stand.edf, stand_s.edf.
  • Vespa: unnecessary stand.cfg, stand_s.edf.
  • GP12, RCV213 and GSVR reference custom stands (named respectively "GP12_stand", "RCV_stand" and "GSVR_stand"), but these do not exist (at least I don't have them, they are not on the mega repository). Notice that GP12 and GSVR do not have stand.cfg, but do have 2 stand .edf files: if you put them in the appropriate directory (under misc, with an appropriate stand.cfg) you do get the stand in the showroom. RCV213 has no stand file at all.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Hi Max thanks bud I posted about it a while back but no response so TY for getting it up. Hope its sorted soon. the one thing I noticed was if say you have the GSVR it sinks, if you then swap to the 990 and then back to the GSVR it is not sinking anymore until you leave GPB and start it again????

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

RiccoChicco gave me a link with the stands for the rcv213, the gp12 and the gsvr : https://mega.co.nz/#!d40mXSrL!3wv586DBn3oHJ3eb9vUsn5MzxpdQDjAikBmJxbZm68I

Apparently he gave the stands models to Klax too (at the time), so I'm not sure why they are not on Mega (they should be).

Thanks Ricco !

MaX.

P.S.
The fact that when a referenced stand is missing the bike "sinks" is probably a nasty bug in GPB (uninitialized data ?).

doubledragoncc

Thank you so much. Quick response on your side again Max.

Yes I think there is a problem in GPB itself as many bugs like this happen with MOD bikes and stock GPB biles too. My 990 totally disappeared when I added the extra one for paints.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

December 11, 2014, 04:35:44 PM #8 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:56:52 PM by doubledragoncc
OH POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put the new stand files in the bikes main files and they vanished, Are the stand files for the bikes supposed to be in the STANDS folder? Was not stated?

DD

OKAY my bad put them in the misc/stands just bite me lol

DD

Klax75

All fixed for the next bike mod release.

HornetMaX

doubledragoncc

TY Klax, I want me bikes back booooohoooooooooo lol

Great work on all you modders and organizers.

DD