• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:36:20 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Xinput and X-Box One Controller.

Started by Klax75, December 02, 2014, 04:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

My X-Box 360 controller is acting up, I've had it for 8 years. Now my dilemma is that, I have a X-Box One controller. I got over the summer, didn't like the feel of the thumbs sticks, feel very loose compared to my 360 controller.

Since the top bumper button on the right side of the 360 is acting up. I wanted to use the XBOne controller. I installed Xinput after asking JamoZ on Steam how to. lol

But the triggers will not separate for me. I never use Xinput since I've always use XBCD. It let me separate the triggers when I raced LFS many years ago and now iRacing.com. I know I got the XBOne controller working over the summer because I used it for a bit. And the triggers were separate after installing Xinput if I remember right.. I just can't remember how I got it too. Anyone have any ideas? I put Xinput in the plugins folder, restarted GP Bikes, re-calibrated, but the triggers are still stuck together.

I've also noticed even when I first tried the controller over the summer. I get a Run-time error that pops up when the XBOne controller is installed.

EzyEllis

December 02, 2014, 06:30:50 AM #1 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:34:50 AM by EazyAEllis
Are you using the official xbox one drivers or the non official ones? I don't own the pad myself but I do remember there being non official drivers to get the to pad work before Microsoft released the proper drivers. I don't own the pad myself, It's just something I would have tried.

BOBR6 84

so everything now says C instead of J ..??

HornetMaX

No issue for me, I have both the XB360 and XBone pads connected and working, with separate triggers thanks to the xinput plugin.

MaX.

Ian

I have xbox and pedals the xbox is C the pedals are J .
It will not work if you add Xinput with the game running.
Recalibrate turn game off and on I have had same problem

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on December 02, 2014, 01:58:43 PM
I have xbox and pedals the xbox is C the pedals are J .
This is normal, it's not a problem.

Quote from: Ian on December 02, 2014, 01:58:43 PM
It will not work if you add Xinput with the game running.
Recalibrate turn game off and on I have had same problem
You have to:

• quit the game
  • put the xinput.dli where it belongs
  • restart the game
  • recalibrate all your input devices
  • reassign all your controls

During the last step, as Piboso said:

Please note that, since DirectInput and Xinput read the controller at the same time, assigning a control in settings may require more than one try.

Be sure that the "C" appears instead of the "J" (for the controls that are on the pad, not necessarily for the pedals, don't know if they are xinput or not, probably not).

MaX.

Klax75

I uninstalled XBCD and got XBOne controller working with separate triggers. But it doesn't see my XB360 controller anymore. Miss the rumble that from XBCD that I got in GP Bikes.

Still getting a Runtime Error with XBOne controller. It usually will pop up when I first start the computer.

HornetMaX

Disconnect everything and reboot. Uninstall XB360 stuff (there's a stupid exe that is useless and crash if the xbone is there too) and reboot.
Connect the xb360 one and test it.
The install xbone official drivers and test.

But in any case, you won't have any rumble without XBCD.

MaX.