• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:51:26 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[W.I.P?] ZXR 250

Started by Eagle, December 06, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle

>Boerenlater

Thank you. ;D I hope it won't get too much hard in the next.

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 03, 2015, 02:14:48 AM
Ah, thank you. xD

I had finished to modelise the glass but setting everything perfectly is just killing my eyes.. x.x

I'll remodelise it in rectangle (when i can) and make a screen of it. ;D

Edit: Btw, it is obliged that a face has 4 vertices or it can have more ? It would avoid to make too much/useless faces.

Good topology is always something you should aim for, but sometimes it's unavoidable to include a triangle here and there to get the correct shape. The thing to try and avoid is a face with more than 4 verts as this will relatively slow down the GPU/CPU compared to a tri or 4 sided polygon.

Looks like your doing a good job there... Well done mate!  ;) ;D

Hawk.

Eagle

January 03, 2015, 11:13:24 PM #62 Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:55:55 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
>Hawk_UK

Thank you, i understand a little better now. :)

That's why my computer was slow all of sudden. When i finished the last faces i it stopped freezing. Happy it wasn't because it couldn't handle more faces on the model. ':o

The next step will be adding faces and details to the green part, then the fairing. ^^

Edit: Actually doing the configuration of the 750 (105hp, around 260 top speed and limiter at 12500rpm), once sound is done, i'll do a video. :)

Eagle

January 10, 2015, 07:33:22 PM #63 Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:00:43 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
ZXR750 Engine test !: http://www.moddb.com/members/wh1t34gl3sas/videos/zxr750-engine-test

The torque/power map seems well done on this one in comparison to it's little sisters, and the particularity here, is the perfect coordination on the sounds. I have spent few hours on the scl, converting everything so that works perfectly. I have really enjoyed this one. Sounds aggressive, powerul but can be fully exploited without wheeling, AND STABLE AS F***! That will change of the soapy varese. xD

ZXR750:

Type: 4 cylinders 4 Stroke DOHC 16 valves
Displacement: 749cc
Power: 107hp @ 10500rpm
Torque: 71Nm/~6,66Kg.m @ 9000rpm
Rev Limiter: 12500rpm
Top speed: ~260Km/h
Weight: 200 Kg
Fun: >9000!

Edit: The glass looks right now and the hole in the middle is finished (modelised inside), now adding faces to the green part, it'll be hard..

Eagle

Computer down.. My laptop's fan was too old and not powerfull enough anymore.. I'll try to change it. (the fan).

Sorry.. As soon as i have fixed this problem, i'll go back on the bikes. :(

h106frp

Had my fill of laptops - nightmare to fix, went back to a modern compact desktop - much better, the little tablet fills the mobile gap.

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on January 29, 2015, 10:34:32 PM
Had my fill of laptops - nightmare to fix, went back to a modern compact desktop - much better, the little tablet fills the mobile gap.

For me personally you cannot beat working with a PC system at a nice big desk, a comfy chair with a big monitor, all the controllers and peripherals needed to test your work and a graphics tablet....
Laptops and tablets for me are only useful if you really have to do some work while on the move, ie: on a train journey or the like. But I've always looked on them as a pain to work with, but this is just my personal opinion.  :)

Hawk.

Grooveski

Hi Wh1t.
Looking good.   ;)

Just thought I'd mention that I've an SP model here with the single seat unit.  If you wanted some reference pictures taken it'd be no bother.

Eagle

>Grooveski

Wow, you're one of the lucky guys who have one of these wonderful bikes. I'm drooling right now.. *q*

I have found good refs already for the bike, but thank you. This has a different tail and it offers few details that will permit me to improve some parts a bit. (i'm just a begginer so, don't expect something amazing.. xD)

>Hawk

You are right, laptops are not really done for this kind of works. This laptop was given to me by my college 5 years ago (and they usually give old things..), i'm even surprised it was still working all this time. Since it was enough to run 3dsmax, it was ok, so if i can replace the fan, i'll still be able to use it. (i want to avoid buying a new computer, i have other plans for my pocket money. xd)

Grooveski

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 31, 2015, 10:05:17 PMI'm drooling right now.. *q*

Must admit so am I.  ;D
It's kinda semi off the road at the moment with a leaky gearshaft seal.  An easy fix and I've got the seal but it's cold and dark out there and that's three weekends now I've not got round to it.   ::)

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on December 09, 2014, 05:16:45 PM
>matty

Well, i came here because i though more modders are active and maaaybe ready to help newbies. (+ the creator himself is here). Except that, here or on another forum, it's the same thing. Only the language is different.

>Boerenlater

Thank you. ;D
For now, i just mod for me since i can't modelise nor make physics, i don't want to give bad stuffs to peoples. :\

Recently i also made the 400's (rev limiter 14500rpm/65hp @ 13000rpm 30nm @ 11000rpm) (250's is revlimit 19000rpm/45hp @ 15000rpm/25nm at 13500 if i remember well)settings but depending on tracks i'm as fast as a 1000 supersport, is that normal ? :\

There are not many who are proficient with bike physics. The few that are, are usually in bike modding teams as mentioned above by "Fast Freddy".
If you need help with modding bike physics then if I was you I would send personal PM's to members of the modding teams kindly asking for information. Don't expect tutorials as they take precious time to compile, but they may point you in the right directions so you can figure things out.  ;)

Having said that, I think there is a desperate need for more bike physics modders(we have many track modders already), and it would be great if at least one current experienced bike physics modder could take some time out to put together a basic bike physics modding tutorial just to get would-be modders off the ground. Not everyone can figure things out for themselves, but given a little guidance just to get them started........   ;)

Above that I think it's all about trial, error and experience over time....

Hawk.

Eagle

>Hawk

The "fast as a supersport 1000" problem is fixed. I just haven't seen i had the bad .engn loaded.

For the bike physics, if it's about maths and all of that, it'll wait a little, because i'm not really someone that LOVE making tons of operation etc... And i already have to finish to learning modelling..

It's a quite long and boring story that brought me here and made me do these mods.

I can just say that when i'll will be finished with these 3 bikes, i'll stop doing mods there for a moment and come back to the other project that is my main goal for now.

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on February 03, 2015, 04:06:11 PM
>Hawk

The "fast as a supersport 1000" problem is fixed. I just haven't seen i had the bad .engn loaded.

For the bike physics, if it's about maths and all of that, it'll wait a little, because i'm not really someone that LOVE making tons of operation etc... And i already have to finish to learning modelling..

It's a quite long and boring story that brought me here and made me do these mods.

I can just say that when i'll will be finished with these 3 bikes, i'll stop doing mods there for a moment and come back to the other project that is my main goal for now.

Okay, no problem SAS...... Thought you were having probs getting answers from the bike physics modders to your questions; just thought a little supporting post from myself might help you out. But sounds like you have a lot of things to catch-up on with your 3D modelling before getting into the deep-end of modding bike physics for GPB. If you need any pointers in helping you with 3D modelling then just post here and I'm sure that either myself or someone else will try and point you in the right direction.....

Good luck mate!  ;)

Hawk.

Eagle

>Hawk

Since the model isn't done yet, i think making the physics would be a loose of time if i have to redo them again after the model completion. (for now i don't even know a thing about physics in gpbikes, even the files where they are.. x) )

For any questions, i prefer posting them here than disturbing peoples in their businesses.

But now my computer can't start.. x)

Anyway..

Thank you for your support hawk, thanks to everyone who are loosing few minutes of their lives to see crappy things made by a newbie. Thanks for the helps, thanks for being nice in front on something that bad. I really appreciate.  :'(

Hawk

February 03, 2015, 10:31:41 PM #74 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:47:34 PM by Hawk_UK
@SAS: This might be very useful to you for finding your way around Bike modding : http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/GPBikes_mods_Wiki
NeoRaptor has put most of the information together, but I believe others can and have contributed too.

Hope it helps mate.

Hawk.
PS: Just promise me that when you figure this all out you will create a 500GP 2 stroke physics file for us OldSchool guys. All the physics modders concentrate on the 4 strokes,  so we desperately need a 2 stroke physics guy.  ;) ;D ;D