• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Latest changes to STK1000 bike set?

Started by Hawk, January 03, 2015, 10:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Just wondering what changes have been made to the latest version of the STK1000 bike set, particularly the BMW? I only ask as there seems to be a definite difference in the way the BMW handles.... Not sure if this is due to the Monza track or any change in the BMW geom/physics file?

Just interested to know.  :)

Hawk.

yan24

January 03, 2015, 12:58:04 PM #1 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:02:26 PM by yan24
I wondered the same thing ?? R1 is now undriveable, it guidonne often happens more and I had chained the towers without falling, compared to the RSV4 or 1199.

Google translation

yoshimura

a bars shake general far too important,on the bikes very annoying.

_oDi_

All The bikes are the same, only the bmw has changed but not in .geom (which have simply real data and can not change), but only in the steering, in better , With previous version in Monza was even worse. At Monza with the stock is not easy, do not have the geometry of a superbike... so you must have a setup very stable and rigid. Obviously old setups must be erased ;)

yoshimura

Quote from: _oDi_ on January 03, 2015, 03:43:22 PM
All The bikes are the same, only the bmw has changed but not in .geom (which have simply real data and can not change), but only in the steering, in better , With previous version in Monza was even worse. At Monza with the stock is not easy, do not have the geometry of a superbike... so you must have a setup very stable and rigid. Obviously old setups must be erased ;)

a stable configuration as an example based on your own test,please.?

JJS209

_oDi_

for Monza:

+rake
+swingarm (2 or 3)
+ front rebound and bump
+ rear rebound and bump (rear rebound even at 11, bump less... 8-10 )
- antiwheeling (cuts the power, the bike breaks down, and it is not necessary with a long wheelbase)
+ preload (but need to be tested, I feel good, some others not)

quickly said... !

JJS209

thanlks a lot, maybe my girlfriend allows me later to test these settings :)

yoshimura

JJS209

so these both are my actual setups, test odi is the one i created today with odi's tips.
the other one is what i used before. compared with each other there are some similarities, i think.
hope these setups can help someone...

save the files into:
X:\...\GP Bikes\gpbikes\profiles\YOUR NICKNAME\setups\Monza V3.0_NDS\bmw_s1000rr\

test odi.stp
S1000RR #3.stp

Hawk

Hi oDi.

Thanks mate.... Really appreciate your comments and advice above. This is very helpful.  ;) ;D

Hawk.

PS: Also thanks to JJS209 for the ready-made setup links... Nice one mate!  8)

Hawk

Any chance of restricting bike-set updates to co-ordinate with the Bike MOD update dates please guys?
Updating bikes in between the bike mod updates plays havoc with data mismatches on other servers who stick to the bike mod version update dates. I don't think it's an unreasonable request to make(2 updates per month) so that we have some harmony between servers running a standard bike mod version at all times. This would make all our lives a lot easier. :)

Hawk

_oDi_

hi Hawk, I completely understand ... !  :-[
the problem is that when we release updates, it's because at that time we have available time to do so, and it is not always possible to synchronize us with bikemod because of different commitments and timelines ... (For example today I released the v096 because  in the next few days I will not have much free time to prepare the download, ftp, etc..)

but we always try to make sure they do not pass too many days, today is the 7th and V096 stk come out ... and the 14th will be released the new version of bikemod

Hawk

Quote from: _oDi_ on January 07, 2015, 07:01:34 PM
hi Hawk, I completely understand ... !  :-[
the problem is that when we release updates, it's because at that time we have available time to do so, and it is not always possible to synchronize us with bikemod because of different commitments and timelines ... (For example today I released the v096 because  in the next few days I will not have much free time to prepare the download, ftp, etc..)

but we always try to make sure they do not pass too many days, today is the 7th and V096 stk come out ... and the 14th will be released the new version of bikemod

Hi oDi.

Yes... I understand. It is difficult to co-ordinate times and dates with others at times.... I really don't know what else to suggest to help with this apart from suggesting the Bike MOD be updated as and when updates are released? But then the server admins wouldn't like that so I guess we are stuck with coping with this as it is for now...... I just thought I'd see if there was any way around this problem.  ;) :)

Thanks for your feedback oDi.  ;)

Hawk.