• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Intensity of the throttle affects sounds

Started by Eagle, January 11, 2015, 09:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

January 22, 2015, 05:25:34 PM #60 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:40:35 PM by h106frp
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2015, 03:54:34 PM

Hawk.

PS: Maybe when we have real motorcycle controllers like DD is creating we will also eventually be able to have some good force-feedback and vibration through the handlebars. That would be great.  ;D

Engine vibration would probably be quite easy to implement, something like a mobile phone 'vibrator' (snigger ::) or maybe the old flight sim trick of a large speaker driver strapped to the base of your chair and just tweak the audio for best effect

if you can read through the spanish guide this is a link to 'buttkicker' drivers
http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/guide-of-transducers-bass-shakers-and-buttkickers.5776/

doubledragoncc

If you go over to ISR website Darin has done a lot with the buttkicker and all info is on the forums, in English lol. They work great BTW.

http://www.isrtv.com/ ISRTV Website

Heres Darin Gangi in an old video but it shows the rumble effect in the video. Sorry but its old and the only one showing how it works. This is before the shows renaming. Darins show is pretty cool and lots af info on the forums too.

https://www.youtube.com/v/i8DGKh24qbU

These guys might hook you up
http://shakercentre.co.uk/aspbite/products/products.asp?intProductsID=6&content=buttkicker_lfe&gclid=CjwKEAiA3IKmBRDFx-P_rLyt6QUSJACqiAN8ZZYNAjhC65BSazYPKJYJJIL3KOj896dSZVlCRY1WPhoCbRXw_wcB

With the top end systems offered with multi kickers you can tune.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Sound tool progressing fast: engine is now read from .engn file and simulated (only in neutral gear).

I need to add idle and limiter plus polish the whole thing up and then a v1.0 is coming :)

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Keep at it Max, you workaholic lol. Thanks for putting so much effort into helping make GPB better.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
Sound tool progressing fast: engine is now read from .engn file and simulated (only in neutral gear).

I need to add idle and limiter plus polish the whole thing up and then a v1.0 is coming :)

MaX.

Great news... Can't wait to have a good look at this. Good work Max!  ;)

Hawk.

Eagle

Thank you Max.  :'(

I hope what i asked will be implanted in the game too. That would be awesome and hyper realistic.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 24, 2015, 01:02:05 PM
Thank you Max.  :'(

I hope what i asked will be implanted in the game too. That would be awesome and hyper realistic.
What exactly ?

MaX.

Eagle

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 25, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
The main subject of the thread. xD
But that's already there in GPB: the throttle position "mixes" the ON and OFF sample.
So at the same RPM, the sound is different depending on the throttle position (between 0.0 and 1.0, most likely in a linear manner).

MaX.

Eagle

It only increases the volume of the sample. Irl, depending on the percent of the throttle, it sounds different. I have shown examples in the videos higher in the posts.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 26, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
It only increases the volume of the sample. Irl, depending on the percent of the throttle, it sounds different.
In fact it may be doing a bit more of increasing the volume of the sample: it mixes the ON and OFF samples raising the one and lowering the other (or vice versa) depending on the throttle.

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 26, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
I have shown examples in the videos higher in the posts.
Where exactly ? I only see videos of turbo and fire spits.

MaX.

Eagle

Turbo and fire spit are the same action in game (when the engine is going down in revs quite roughly), i have linked the h2r video on another period when you can hear a sweat "vroooooooo" when just turning the throttle from few degrees. It would require another sound depending on the percent of the throttle. (can be activated at 10% for example)

It's complicated to describe that.. I hope you see what i mean..

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on January 26, 2015, 07:36:27 PM
Turbo and fire spit are the same action in game (when the engine is going down in revs quite roughly), i have linked the h2r video on another period when you can hear a sweat "vroooooooo" when just turning the throttle from few degrees. It would require another sound depending on the percent of the throttle. (can be activated at 10% for example)

It's complicated to describe that.. I hope you see what i mean..

I'm under the impression all this can already be done. Some bikes in GPB already have some sound similar to what you call fire spits (a kind of runt on closed throttle).

MaX.

h106frp

Hello MaX,
Just curious, but could you explain, are the samples just short constant amplitude loop blocks with the envelopes and positions controlled by values in the file ?(which would seem to me to be the best way and allow for interactive editing also this is the way modern audio workstation software works) or do they have to be prepared (enveloped) externally on a trial and error basis?.

Just wondering how far this application could be developed, being able to tweak the file in an interactive manner and test the playback would seem to be a quick and easy way towards nice sounds.

Brilliant work so far!

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on January 26, 2015, 09:22:14 PM
Hello MaX,
Just curious, but could you explain, are the samples just short constant amplitude loop blocks with the envelopes and positions controlled by values in the file ?
Yes. That's my understanding of what GPB uses.

MaX.