• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:13 AM

Paint Database.

Started by Klax75, January 14, 2015, 09:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

January 14, 2015, 09:37:13 AM Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:37:59 AM by Klax75
Hi All,

I haven't updated the Paint Database part of the Bike Database in a while. The reason to be honest is it's getting very confusing. I hate to do this but there needs to be some rules.

Right now there is no real method for naming paints, for bikes, leathers, or helmets. I've come across many, many instances were the same name is used multiple times but for different files. So when you download it, or unzip it. It looks like this "mypaintfile.pnt" which isn't very helpful. In the the authors download thread it may have a picture to show it. But once you download it, it gets confusing. Since I can't quickly tell what is it. Is it for a bike, helmet, leathers? Who's is it? What bike or helmet is it for? Or there have many times the same .pnt file name is used for every bike the author makes.

With PaintED, you can have a ingame name, that is different from the actual file name. So my ingame paint name would be for example "HGP Klax75" for all my bike paints. Since each .pnt file is in different folders they will show up for different bikes. Unless I have the same ingame name for the same bike, then GP Bikes will automatically put "HGP Klax75 (1)" on my second paint of the same name. Which can get confusing if the paints are totally different.

Now actual files names can be totally different then the ingame name. Now here is where it is very important. The file name has to give a indication what it is. For example mine would be "HGP_Klax75_Yamaha_R6.pnt" This example has my team initials which is not mandatory. What needs to be mandatory is what bike it is, and who's paint it is.

This would also apply to helmets and leathers. So for example my "HGP_Klax75_Leathers.pnt" for the actual file, but the ingame name would just be "HGP Klax75" since it would only show up in the riders leathers option.

So a helmet for example "HGP_Klax75_Arai.pnt" for the actual file, and ingame name "HGP Klax75" since it would only come up if I pick the Arai helmet.

If you have more then one paint, for the same bike, helmet, leathers. Thats ok, just name the actual file name slightly different so I can tell what it is. Example "HGP_Klax75_Yamaha_R6_Black.pnt" then the ingame name would need a slight change so it doesn't end up looking like "HGP Klax75 (1)" as stated above, so I'd make it "HGP Klax75 (Black)" for the ingame name.

I hope this makes sense? There are literally several hundred paint files, for bikes, helmets, and leathers. I've had it many times people name all there .pnt files the exact same thing no matter what it is, be it leathers, bikes, or helmets. :/

If you want it in the paint data base please make the actual file name descriptive. Your race number isn't important. The team initials aren't important. I just used mine as a example so when I look in my paint folder it puts my team mates and I together automatically in Windows.

In this new thread if you want your paint in the paint data base please upload a picture in to this thread with a download link. Also using this naming convention. If you want to have team initials at the beginning of the name thats fine, but the other things after that have to be there.

Also having one thread for paints you want on the paint data base will make it much easier then searching through several different threads. I also ask please keep the posts to the paint files, and short good work messages are welcome. Open a new post or PM the author for discussions. lol If you don't want your paint in the database it's Ok. :) This isn't mandatory for players.

If the paint file isn't for a player, but for a real life rider then use the same method, and maybe a year for it

Example.
Ingame name:
"Repsol Honda Dani Pedrosa"

Actual File Name:
"Repsol_Dani_Pedrosa_RCV213_2013.pnt"

If you do want in the database then a naming convention is mandatory. Once included and upload to the database same as always it would be posted in the Bikes MOD thread. Showing you it has been added.

Again to be included in the paint database.

Rider Name, paint file type. Team names are optional but should be in front as initials if you use them

Example for ingame name

"Rider Name"

Example for file name

"Rider_Name_Honda_CBR_600.pnt", "Rider_Name_Leathers.pnt", "Rider_Name_Shoeï_X-Spirit_II.pnt"

Again please post your paint files, with preview picture, and download link to this thread if you'd like it included in the Bike MOD Paint Database.

Thank you. :)

doubledragoncc

Thanx for that Klax. It was one thing that bugged me with paint files when no one put the info if it was a bike, suit or helmet and had to go find it again on the forum. If people stick to the rules it will be great.

Thanks for your hard work buddy your appreciated.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

I think the name should come before the year because if your looking for a paint from a certain person you will still have to search through all the paints of that year. I think it will be easier by name just saying.

Dont shoot the messenger !!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

For ease of know what im looking at i've started using a the bikes name in the title of the file as well as the livery's name, but in game just what the livery is.

For example-https://www.dropbox.com/s/238na8npxdimv7p/%5BDucati%201199%5D%20Pompone%20Squadra.pnt?dl=0

The pnt file is [Ducati 1199] Pompone Squadra while in game its just Pompone Squadra

For suits I use [Suit] (if multiple suits become available i would use relevant names)  before the name and helmets would be [X-lite 802R] and so on...

This is just my way of organizing things.

Hope it helps :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JJS209

hey klax,

thank you a lot for your work. your are really a big win for all of us!

i hope i get it right with the names. i updated all my skins and cleaned the numubers:

B&W Skinpack v1.0.rar (All Skins below plus my personal helmet/suit skin)

Arlen Ness Mission Skin
Shoei Helmet Skin
Yamaha YZF-R1 Skin
BMW S1000RR Skin
Yamaha YZF-R6 Skin
Yamaha YZR500 Skin

it would be nice when you would put my personal helmet and suit skin also into the bikemod.

thank you!

doubledragoncc

January 14, 2015, 07:59:21 PM #5 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:13:58 PM by doubledragoncc
Hi I just found out if the INGAME name or the actual PNT file name is too long it can cause a conflict with bike, helmet and suit paints. As you use one it resets the other ones and I even had a bike paint name make the whole helmet disappear!!!!

Test before you just change the name and think its okay

DD

Gzehoo

Well, I'm calling all my skins (and .pnt files) very simply - e.g. Gzehoo CBR600RR means that it's for Honda CBR600RR.

For the file name and in-game skin name I'm using this format: "Gzehoo [bike name]".

doubledragoncc

Here are the paints for IAS Racing Team

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jus8ywxi5aingp7/AAA7nWjG0zHcqtq7voj4snwZa?dl=0

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jus8ywxi5aingp7/AAA7nWjG0zHcqtq7voj4snwZa?dl=0

There is a paint set for my own bike, Dimitars bike and a No Name paint for anyone to use.

DD

Docfumi

Thanks for the No Name Doubledragoncc, I really like the Leathers and Helmet. I hardly use the 900cc,
but what the hell. MOTIVATION to start skinning again. Oi!  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

Ya welcome fella. I dont normally use the 990 either but its the body I use on my full sit-on simulator control systems so it kinda goes with it for advertizing when I open the new company. Will be doing new set soon for helmet, leathers and other bikes. Its all themed on my website background for innovative analog systems (IAS) so trying to keep it all together.

Whats your fav bike here now?

DD

Docfumi

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 15, 2015, 03:09:02 PM

Whats your fav bike here now?

DD

By far the Suzuki GSVR by JuJu.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

doubledragoncc

Yeah the suzi is sweet and a good sound helps for feeling for me. I started a skin for it but not finished it as been too busy setting up the new company over here in UK.

Keep it sunny side up bro

DD

JJS209

hey klax, will there be a possibility to sync (only) the skins?
now i am downloading all folders manualy and insert them into the bikes.

Klax75

I'll add the paints to the FTP server so they can be synced. I just can't add the riders, or helmet paints since the FTP server doesn't show me those folders.

doubledragoncc

Oh thats a bummer klax, why no rider or helmet possible? Great work chappy

DD