• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:51:37 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Windscreen see through?

Started by davidboda46, July 23, 2015, 09:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Can you guys help me? Used the Chaz Davies paint (tanx to original maker btw) as base for my own. As you can see it has a see through windscreen. I just changed the top of the number (to 46) and re-saved the "plexi" file. What am I doing wrong? Ps: had the same issue with the GP12, but it looked so good with the smoked screen I didn't mind. But on this one I like to have a see through one... and it's good to know the reason for future paints...

screen007 by David, on Flickr
screen006 by David, on Flickr

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

PeterV

in the new plexi (with 46) you have also an Alpha channel as in the original?

davidboda46

Yes. The alpha channel is there. Psd file with layers (RGB). After editing I save it as TGA. I also tried flattening the image before saving, no difference. The alpha box is also ticked in saving options.
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

PeterV

July 23, 2015, 12:04:25 PM #3 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:23:58 PM by PeterV
dont tick the alpha channel box in Photoshop itself see example below

davidboda46

Did not make a difference. Damn, have no idea what's wrong.

PeterV

put youre plexi file in here so we can have a look

davidboda46

davidboda46

I even tried just loading the Chaz Davies plexi, paint over the "7" with white, directly on the "background" layer and then saved the file. And even that didn't work. But if I copy and paste the original plexi file and pack it with my livery paint file it works... so as soon as I do whatever in photoshop I seem to "ruin" the source... wierd... or I'm an idiot...

PeterV

July 23, 2015, 12:40:07 PM #8 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:43:01 PM by PeterV
new psd for the plexi try this, i deleted the old alpha channel,  and made a new one.

http://we.tl/QdCoBZibpe

PeterV

Quote from: davidboda46 on July 23, 2015, 12:37:46 PM
I even tried just loading the Chaz Davies plexi, paint over the "7" with white, directly on the "background" layer and then saved the file. And even that didn't work. But if I copy and paste the

If you alter the original you still have to cut out the new stuff from the alpha channel before you save it

davidboda46

Aha! Didn't know that. Your file worked! Thank you so much Peter! I owe you a beer :)

Cheers!

PeterV

Quote from: davidboda46 on July 23, 2015, 12:48:59 PM
Aha! Didn't know that. Your file worked! Thank you so much Peter! I owe you a beer :)

Cheers!

NP, youre welcome