• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Crash Damage Anyone?

Started by Hawk, January 22, 2015, 06:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 11:41:27 AM
Whatever, if it's an option. But I think there are tons of more important things to work on before that specific one.

Any by the way, what's next ? You fall once and then you can't play GPB for 1 month because you have one (virtual) broken leg ? :)

MaX.

Great idea Max! Now we're talking about a possible career mode! Hehel  ;D

No seriously. As I stated in a previous post above. This is not something that's wanted straight away, it's just a suggestion which Piboso can either take on board or not. I know there are more important things to be sorted before any of these kind of suggestions should be considered for implementation, first and foremost the netcode(core.exe crash issue) is in my book the highest of priorities to get good online stability into GPB.
Also before anything like this one crash(or two, three crashes) and your out could be implemented, the bike modding needs to prove that they complement any future online stability with the stability in handling of the bikes so no one is getting those WTF moments(how enraging would that be with a one crash and your out option!. Lol ); the tracks also need to be sorted for better stability of handling on track to complement all these future changes too. All these issues need sorting before anything like this suggestion of a one crash and your out could be considered.

But the one outstanding change that would come from implementing this would be having riders racing sensibly, more like real life racing, and the more consistent riders would tend to win races and championships and not necessarily the fastest riders(Again, same as real life.). It would just promote a racers way of thinking and not a gamers(kamkazi) way of thinking while racing on track. Well that's how I think it would work.  :)

Hmmm.... Career mode.... Now you've got me thinking.....  Maybe not.... Too gamey don't you think?  :P ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 12:23:11 PM
But the one outstanding change that would come from implementing this would be having riders racing sensibly, more like real life racing, and the more consistent riders would tend to win races and championships and not necessarily the fastest riders(Again, same as real life.). It would just promote a racers way of thinking and not a gamers(kamkazi) way of thinking while racing on track. Well that's how I think it would work.  :)
I think you're being over-optimistic about that: the fact that if you crash your race is over could even mean that some silly prankster will be even more encouraged to hit you. Just to piss you off. More than before.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 12:34:42 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 12:23:11 PM
I think you're being over-optimistic about that: the fact that if you crash your race is over could even mean that some silly prankster will be even more encouraged to hit you. Just to piss you off. More than before.

MaX.

Haha!! This is GPBikes with a great community of riders, not the 2 year olds that prefer MotoGP 2014(No offence intended.  :P ) ...... You've got to think positive about these things Max!  ;D

Besides, in my book those kind of riders would soon find themselves banned from races for consistently poor conduct(which wouldn't be a bad thing to get rid of the chaff). This would be another reason for riders to ride sensibly. We're not talking here about racing incidents, but persistent and obvious bad riding without any attempt to remedy their actions for future races.
There may even come a time when you have to gain a virtual race license(same as they do in FSR's rFactor 2 online F1 Championships(a great professionally organised online championship, by the way) before you can compete in certain classes of races. Who knows what the future will bring by implementing one thing that could start a whole series of future events for GPB. This could be a great implementation when GPB is ready for it.  ;D

Were there's a will there's a way...... The cream always rises to the top, don't you think?  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 12:59:20 PM
Were there's a will there's a way...... The cream always rises to the top, don't you think?  ;)
I agree, but I still don't like my tiramisu if below the cream there's a ton of crap :)

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 23, 2015, 01:20:01 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 23, 2015, 12:59:20 PM
I agree, but I still don't like my tiramisu if below the cream there's a ton of crap :)

MaX.

Your making my mouth water now!  ;D

Just stick some more sugar in the coffee and you'll not taste the difference. Hehe  ;D

No but, I understand your concerns, but I'm sure these concerns could be sorted out if it came to that.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Top the coffee with a wee bit o whiskey and Im in guys..................Oh this is bike talk sorry lol

I think a lot of this could be organised through members getting together and simply saying okay, GPB dont have crash damage but for racing and to make things fair you can set some pretty good rules that MUST be followed or you get stopped from the race. Its hard to put into words for me, I can build shit but cant write for shit lol. You cant turn GPB into a Gestapo run community, but on the other hand, for the serious racers here who have their race ruined by some speed jockey with his brain in his pants, there need to be rules set if GPB has none implemented yet. I dont mean to the degree we carry vertual Glock 10s and shoot the fookers, but a slap on the wrist sometimes works on kiddies. The servers are run buy the community so you have control.

What Im trying to say is, I like to ride to the limit too, but I also like to do laps where I never run on the grass or cut a corner, dump the bike or any kind of mistake is made. Its such a good feeling to go balls out but keep it clean, respecting other riders is so important here. Your momentum gets played with when you have others about and you HAVE to adapt to the fact. I think its a case of if we dont have it in GPB we can make it ourselves, but only if we have the dedication in our own self to do so.

No one wants to race in GPB and think "oh shit, yet another rule to abide by" it should not be like that as such, but a group of us with respect on the tarmac. I think you could form a club here for only those who really want to have a great race with no bs. You can password races for those who are know to ride right and not want to cause a crash.  One crash and your out is quite harsh, shit I got hit by cars in London to the extent it bent the frame on my old 550/4 and I picked it up and rode home!!!! Those were the old days lol.

Im up for having tighter rules in racing if it makes people ride BETTER. It takes skill to be fast AND clean. Any idiot can ride fast, but they crash and burn, we need it so that we can race and have fun doing it.

Have to excuse me but Im half asleep as Ive been up 2 days straight writting and designing for the new company, just wanted to add my 25.6 cents to it

Keep it sunny side up..............but not up my ass in a race lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.