• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:06:17 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

What's the best free Screen+Audio recorder?

Started by Hawk, January 29, 2015, 01:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

@Max: Just one further question...... If I'm planning on using "Handbrake" to compress my recorded video files, is it best to record at 100% quality and select a Video Format of "No Compression" for the "Afterburner" video record settings so that "Handbrake" is compressing from a clean full quality file from the start? Would this make any difference in the finish quality of the "Handbrake" compressed file?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 30, 2015, 02:34:40 PM
@Max: Just one further question...... If I'm planning on using "Handbrake" to compress my recorded video files, is it best to record at 100% quality and select a Video Format of "No Compression" for the "Afterburner" video record settings so that "Handbrake" is compressing from a clean full quality file from the start? Would this make any difference in the finish quality of the "Handbrake" compressed file?
It depends on how paranoid you are about quality.

The pro-approach is: record at best quality possible, so that later you can chose whatever quality suits you. Problem is full-res 60FPS raw records are big fat files.

If you're recording an hotlap just to brag your laptimes on youtube, then don't bother, just use a compression method offered by AB.

If you're producing a video to show-case GPB, then maybe the extra effort is worth.

Little advice: if you want to do slow-motion, DON'T record a normal speed and slow down the video after. Much better to record during a replay already going at slo-mo.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 30, 2015, 03:32:49 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 30, 2015, 02:34:40 PM
It depends on how paranoid you are about quality.

The pro-approach is: record at best quality possible, so that later you can chose whatever quality suits you. Problem is full-res 60FPS raw records are big fat files.

If you're recording an hotlap just to brag your laptimes on youtube, then don't bother, just use a compression method offered by AB.

If you're producing a video to show-case GPB, then maybe the extra effort is worth.

Little advice: if you want to do slow-motion, DON'T record a normal speed and slow down the video after. Much better to record during a replay already going at slo-mo.

MaX.

I have a few things in mind, modding showcases and tutorials being my main reason for doing this, but it's just handy to be able to do this kind of stuff... But we'll see how it develops and what I decide to do with it.....

Thanks for the advice Max. Appreciated.  ;)

Hawk.

JJS209

doubledragoncc

February 03, 2015, 03:06:34 PM #19 Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:09:43 PM by doubledragoncc
Just downloaded and installed Playclaw looks awesome but is only a trial. Thanks JJ for the info.

Will post about it later but worth a look guys heres the link

http://www.playclaw.com/features.php

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on February 03, 2015, 11:52:16 AM
http://www.playclaw.com/ dont know something about it

I've tried Playclaw before and I wasn't very impressed to say the least.

Afterburner is a lot more a versatile piece of kit and records in excellent quality(optionally variable from raw(100%) down to what lesser quality you prefer), and then I use handbrake to adjust compression down to a more manageable file size but maintain picture qualities.

Give MSI Afterburner a try guys, it's great!  ;D

Hawk.