• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:14:04 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-aGy-

good work.. i hope there is no banking cornes because this game can not simulate that..?!is there?maybe beta 15 or beta 9 if piboso focus on this game and not 10 of them.!sry but im finnish so its like it or not

Vini

i tend to agree, i still don't understand the need for a second bike sim.

h106frp

This is looking like it going to be an awesome track when complete and looking forward to seeing the scenery go in and especially curious to see if you can capture some of the more notable panoramic moments from around the track.

Are you planning another pre-release? I struggled with the first one due to the problem of falling of the edges  :o

Keep at it, i think we will be riding this long before TTB appears and it could be a lot of fun especially for the smaller classes of bike.

TTB is probably a logical step - GPB's graphic engine was designed around older graphics capabilities and forking in a new engine would be problematic. Best leave GPB alone and relatively stable until after TTB is at beta and then add short track to the TTB engine

Vini

so start at 0 all over again???
if piboso is not willing to "fork in a new engine", i don't expect him to ever fix core.exe crashes.

BOBR6 84

piboso surely has learnt alot creating his (her?  ??? ;D) sims.. MXB is off to a pretty good start, beta4 all in all is better than GPB.. personally i think TTB will be awesome!

Who doesn't want a road racing sim?  :o

Blackheart

Even a single screenshot in all these months? Very bad sign.  ::)

Grooveski

May 26, 2016, 09:43:59 PM #126 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:09:09 PM by Grooveski
Quote from: grimm on May 26, 2016, 04:24:48 AM...and being a public road hooligan, but never having traveled abroad to see the IRR in action in person...

I'm the same - years of watching road racing but never been to one.  There were a bunch of us making NW noises over the winter but it never came about - perhaps next year.

Nothing's really changed plan-wise.  Was just the timing gave me a bit of a shock the other night.  Freezing the road model was a red letter day so to hear within hours that there was a lidar version on the horizon dampened the moment a touch.

Back to business as usual now though.
..and I've gone from obsessing about bumps to obsessing about kerbs to obsessing about farm entrances, so don't appear to to have changed to botch-it mode.
The work last year on the TSO's was time well spent.  Was a bit like the poly reduction sessions - knew if they were left to the end they'd suffer.  Having so much stuff lying in the other file  in a reasonably advanced state is a good push to keep the quality high on the terrain side.  I'll readily admit I'm about sick of the sight of Oliver's Mount and can easily see how projects can peter out by the time the road's finished.  You've been at the thing through three map types, three DEMs, three programs, two dudes with cameras and tape measures, TV/onboard/sidecar/rear facing cameras, two game engines...
...and now you have to build all the smegging houses?

But...
Competition on the horizon.  What changes?
Release order mainly - V0.1 will likely be a bit bare.  Fences, bare minimum of trees and braking markers, bug free(ish) and it's ready to go - race-wise.  Might as well get some use out of it while it's top-of-the-line.  I was planning to hold off until it was 'nice' but that can come with V0.2.

Following a much welcome tip from Hawk I reworked the hairpins concentrating on evening out the normals and I'll own up, there was a bump mid/late-corner on Mere that I hadn't noticed.  :-[  Good chance it runs nicer now than the test model.
...and now that the polys are squared up it can easily be selectively subdivided further to really smooth it out. :)

Grimm's mention of TT Superbikes got me curious.  I only ever played it a few times at a mates house and only ever the Mountain Course.
Looking at their OM - the track's not bad.  Some slightly exaggerated bumps(much like I thought about their TT course) but in their defence the old OM road surface was bumpier than the present one.
...but not that much.
They've gone overboard with the elevation through Mere just like I did at first.
...and are hiding lack of terrain with tree cover.
....and seem to have got off on tightening everything up.  The fences on the right along both the straights were never that close I don't think.
.....and the skymap makes it look like the Lake District.
Pretty close though, and the fences are nice.  :)  With GPB's render engine and some higher res skins it'd probably all look not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtRHIIlr3Y

This one will look similar at V0.4 or thereabouts(at a guess).  The tail end of the build will be all about skinning and environmental mapping and stuff I still know next to nowt about.  Been reading up on burning occlusions and playing with HDRI setup scenes but that all seems a way down the ways still. 
Hell, even hedges still seem a fair way down the road. :)

Napalm Nick

Stick at it Groovi!

You know we are all right behind you on this.

(And not all of us are wielding a gun)  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on May 26, 2016, 08:00:57 PM
Even a single screenshot in all these months? Very bad sign.  ::)
I think Piboso said not a long ago he hasn't yet started working on TTB (only some 3d stuff is/was ongoing), so not much to put on a screenshot.

On the other hand, I really don't know if radically improving the graphical engine is in the plans for TTB: my understanding is that there may be improvements, but mostly to accommodate the large size of road circuits. I don't expect TTB to be on a much recent openGL / Vulkan / DX11 / DX12. But I'd be glad to be wrong :)

nuovaic

Please stick at it Groovski, I just know how good this is going to be. But I also know it's a huge time consuming project that I ca't help with.
Anyway, you got a big fan here!

Hawk

Very nice work Grooveski! Like the hairpin and track topology now, looks great and will greatly help I'm sure.   ;) 8)

Can't wait to see this finished mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Grooveski

Scary monsters.  :)
You generaly see that happening to someone every year -a couple of years ago in the 125s two of them done it at the same time and there was a guy right behind them that looked like he got as big a fright as the two near-flippers.

Wish I could say it was all progressing nicely but with it being sunny out I've not been sat at the computer much recently. 
Got some good deals on ebay for bits for the wee dirt bike project too.  That's been nibbling away at my time as well.

Am pretty far along with fine tuning the land model.  The plateau took quite a lot of tweaking.

Added the cafe carpark...

...and started on the fences.  They're just x/y positioned so far.  Will go round again raising each post individualy up to the main model.

Tried to avoid too much repetition in the fence texture when applying the UV.  Took longer than I expected to get right but it's looking alright now.
(All bit fresh looking - it'll dull with age ;) )

Got sidetracked for a night and extracted an MS Flight Sim model of Scarborough that I found while rummaging about the net.  Unfortunately it doesn't go far enough inland to include the buildings that are most visible from the track but it sure is cute.  Who knows - maybe I'll ask for permission to add it to one of the later versions - use it as a base and finish the rest of the town.

h106frp

Looks stunning, i cannot believe how beautiful a fence can look  8)

Warlock

Amazing job you doing there man  :o