• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Different Race Types and Starts.

Started by Klax75, February 08, 2015, 10:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

I was thinking in a future version can we have different types of races and starts?

What I mean is if we have a track like Pikes Peak, or a non-closed course that is point to point. Make it so when you cross the finish line it will kick you back to the timing screen. So we don't just slam on the brakes and crash to hit ESC.

I was also thinking for races like IOM or similar can we have a start method be that you are queued then at server hosted set number of seconds. Say the host could set it at 30 seconds in between riders spawn. So once you are queued then you wait for your turn to be placed on the track, then a short count down for the lights to go green. So you can be racing other peoples lap times but they are still on track with you.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on February 08, 2015, 10:32:17 PM
I was thinking in a future version can we have different types of races and starts?

What I mean is if we have a track like Pikes Peak, or a non-closed course that is point to point. Make it so when you cross the finish line it will kick you back to the timing screen. So we don't just slam on the brakes and crash to hit ESC.
That has already been proposed. Would be nice indeed.

Quote from: Klax75 on February 08, 2015, 10:32:17 PM
I was also thinking for races like IOM or similar can we have a start method be that you are queued then at server hosted set number of seconds. Say the host could set it at 30 seconds in between riders spawn. So once you are queued then you wait for your turn to be placed on the track, then a short count down for the lights to go green. So you can be racing other peoples lap times but they are still on track with you.
Not even sure you need the 30sec gap: just spawn before the start line, as soon as you cross it, timing starts. You can sit there and wait for your pal, or you can just start when you want.

Maybe you can have both: if you set the "wait" time to 0, it means you can start when you want.

MaX.

Klax75

I was picture the second start queue would be there is only one bike allowed on the grid at a time, then ones that first bike is away then next bike appears, and so on.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on February 09, 2015, 09:52:56 AM
I was picture the second start queue would be there is only one bike allowed on the grid at a time, then ones that first bike is away then next bike appears, and so on.
Yes I got it, but sometimes you just to ride with your friend(s): in that case, the 1st one will have to wait for the others.
If you don't have the wait time, people can do both: wait a bit after your fella's start or just start right behind him.

Anyway, we could have both: WaitTime = 0 --> start when you want, WaitTime > 0 --> have to wait the specified time (notice you'd have to handle the case of a rider not starting).

MaX.

Klax75

Could have a count down window so if a rider is on the get but doesn't start with in there start time they would get a Disqualification then it moves tot he next rider in queue. So after the lights go green for that rider they have a limited time before they have to start moving.

BOBR6 84

Queue up and manually move forward to the line.. 10 secs apart. virtual dude taps you on the shoulder and off you go!  ;D TT style... practice sessions 2 riders set off at the same time.. damn it!! need a TT game  :-\

doubledragoncc

If you dont see another bike on the track, what is the point of it being online? Its the same as a time trial offline. I thought the whole point of online racing was the having actual visual contact and therefore seeing a live component, if you set off 30 secs apart what is the point doing it online?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Klax75

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 09, 2015, 11:46:39 AM
If you dont see another bike on the track, what is the point of it being online? Its the same as a time trial offline. I thought the whole point of online racing was the having actual visual contact and therefore seeing a live component, if you set off 30 secs apart what is the point doing it online?

DD

I never said you wouldn't see the other racers online. You just wouldn't start all at the same time.  Single file, one at a time starts.

doubledragoncc

Yeah I know what you mean but if you look at online racing, 30 seconds is a lot, I think actual head to head with at least 2 riders setting off together adds that bit more to it otherwise many(the slower riders will never get the chance to see another rider and miss out on learning about being around other riders. Maybe organize it so that riders of the same kind of pace go against each other. I am just thinking about it having more of a competitive side than just against time.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Eagle