• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:47:28 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Relative Track Position.

Started by Klax75, February 24, 2015, 09:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Made have it so a plugin can show on screen the relative position of other riders when on track. Could be used for MaxHUD track map.

I am more thinking of in iRacing, you can only race from cockpit view, and there is no "Look Behind" view, other then the mirrors and a virtual fish eye mirror. What you do have is a option to have on the screen a small window that gives relative positions of other racers on track in time separation between you and them. It displays 5 racers, with you in the middle and the time separations for two ahead and two behind. This is very useful to know if someone is in your blind spot.

Also very useful when you go off the track and are going back on you can see your position in time so you don't pull out right in front of someone. So in GP Bikes when we fall we can know when is the best time to reset the bike so we don't appear right in front of someone else.

Now this option could just be data GP Bikes can sends out, it doesn't have to default display it. Just a option for Plugin makers to be able to show it.

I ride in helmet view only and there is countless times even looking back I can't see anyone, or I can't hear them either. Yet they are right in my blind spot. Where a relative time position would tell me someone is there, it wouldn't tell me what side they are on.

Also maybe a separate FOV for the looking back view when in helmet view. So you can adjust it a little higher when looking back. So I may have it at 75 looking forward, and 90 when looking back.

Hawk

I personally think an IR5 Pro capability(as well as the Occulus Rift capability currently slated for inclusion)would help with this problem too, but I can see what you mean in trying to allow the rider a situational awareness of were other riders are around you, as this is something that is very difficult to be aware of right now.  :)

But yes. Your idea would be useful to know were other riders are in relation to your position on track.

Hawk

HornetMaX

This has already been requested and Piboso himself has asked questions about what we'd need (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1999.0).

But the question is: wouldn't this be "arcadey" (to use your own words) ?

MaX.

Docfumi

I think it's a cool idea, as long as you don't have it in race mode. To be honest I'm fine with the look back button. and the look left|right Heading. Perhaps for realism it would be cool if the look back was from the riders point of view. You know what I mean?
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Docfumi

LOL (arcadey) I like it. Ahhhhh! Arcadian meaning simple. :o
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

Quote from: docfumi on February 24, 2015, 10:23:35 AM
I think it's a cool idea, as long as you don't have it in race mode. To be honest I'm fine with the look back button. and the look left|right Heading. Perhaps for realism it would be cool if the look back was from the riders point of view. You know what I mean?
Yeah, I don't understand why the look left/right is progressive (head rotating smoothly) while when you look back it instantly looks back.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

I think it is a good idea, it is like "Helicorsa" in Assetto Corsa, its an app you can turn on or off and it simply means you have a small graphic that lets you know where the other racers are around you. This is to STOP accidents that happen due to the fact that you are still not in a real car and do not have realistic vision movement as IRL. People need to wake up and stop saying it is arcadey because its not there in real life. You will NEVER be able to make a simulation 100% as it is IRL, it is financially and almost physically impossible. Things like this mean there are less accidents due to lack of realistic vision, it is not a gimmick, it is a substitute for lack of vision.

Im all for it, it works in AC so why not in GPB

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.