• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:02:27 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Popular request

Started by HornetMaX, February 13, 2015, 09:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

It wont matter what controller you have grT, until FFB is :-

A. Written correctly to give an FFB controller the right kind of signal
B. The controller is designed to react in the right way and with the right amount of force
AND
C. Components to make a controller come down in price in the first place!!!

I have worked so hard to bring the cost down on a controller for everyone, but it is sooooooooo hard with component costs and time to build a system. I will lose a lot to start with but its the only way I can do it until I can MASS produce and bring costs down. I am working on it but it looks like £320 to £350 is the lowest I can go for a clamp-on Desktop system.

I think we NEED to have some way to know what state our tires are in, even if this is a sim, it is needed to compensate for the lack of actual physical feeling the tire behavior. If people were against it it could be put in as an aid that could be turned on or off like others, but it would be there to teach us how long tires last under certain conditions.

As BOBPPPPPP states it could be why many have front end problems, but I think thats more the coding, but it is a valdi point.

I want a thingymagigwatchamacallit from MAX too  ;D ;D ;D Sorry but if we get one thats where it will come from in the end I think.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 19, 2015, 07:03:01 PM
''I'm always screaming for better positive front-end tracking into the corners....''

THIS.....

Front wheel in GPB spends most of the time dragging itself sideways around corners... maybe thats why its so unstable?

Well Bob, honestly I think that the front end instability in a lot of the bikes comes mostly from the bikes physics files(granted, most bikes physics are still very much a work in progress towards various stages of final completion), but also from a lot of the track surfaces too.
The new RCV(recently released) has proved that very good bike physics does solve the front end instability problems that we still hear so much about, though I still have not tested this bike on a bad track surface to see how it copes with those conditions? Maybe you have?
But the RCV is the only bike I've ridden that can cope with a rising banked corner with no front end instability problems whatsoever. I was very impressed!  ;D
Some people may continue to have a dig at GPB's main core physics as a continuing problem, but to me this proves them all wrong and that indeed it is the bikes physics that just need that fine tuning to solve the front end instability issues on most bikes.
What surprises me is that Piboso hasn't made sure that the default bikes are flawless in their bike physics as a showcase example of what any would-be bike physics modders can achieve if the bike physics files are done correctly.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Well put H, why are the default bikes not working as well as a modders bike. Is it not one of the main points that will sell GPB, the great physics of the bikes by Piboso??? Sorry but this is wrong, it should be a big priority to sell the game. If the demo bike just crashes all the time due to bad physics it must be putting a lot of people off paying for GPB. Its like me selling my controllers and only modded ones by my customers actually working!!!!!

Its a BIG issue!!! I would rather better default bike physics before a tire temp thingy

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 19, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
I'm quite sure that the tyre pressures and temps should have a greater effect on handling and grip than is currently so in game; unless the temps are very high or very cold there is not much noticeable effect from any changes a rider makes to tyre pressures and subsequent tyre temps, unless of course you go way overboard with the pressures.
Keep in mind that you have tire warmers in GPB: when you get out of the pits, the tires are already at 60deg.
If you start with really cold tires (or go on a really cold track), the difference is very visible.

MaX.