• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:49:44 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Daytona 200 Circuit....

Started by Hawk, March 08, 2015, 02:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

March 08, 2015, 02:23:36 AM Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:12:19 PM by Hawk_UK
It would be great to see the one and only Daytona 200 event promoted.... 200 miles(52 Laps)! What an event that would be on this great track!  ;D 8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/XTXxoeETHWA

Hawk.

Boerenlater

But we don't have a functioning pitstop procedure in GP Bikes.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

finpower

Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

March 08, 2015, 11:15:38 AM #3 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:19:52 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: Boerenlater on March 08, 2015, 10:36:01 AM

It would surely be simpler to just alter the capacity of the bike fuel tank to enable a 200 mile race, until/when/if Piboso would implemenet such a functioning pit-stop facility into GPB?
As far as I understand, it would be possible to do this via the {bikename}.CFG file? Probably lower the engine wear rate too to enable the engine to run at race pace for the distance? Maybe those in the know could comment on this possibility? Thanks.  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

If this was possible, I'd like to alter the current track back to the proper "Classic" track version without that silly chicane they put in the back straight.  :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 08, 2015, 11:15:38 AM
It would surely be simpler to just alter the capacity of the bike fuel tank to enable a 200 mile race, until/when/if Piboso would implemenet such a functioning pit-stop facility into GPB?
As the fuel mass is taken into account in GPB, such large tank would probably have a big impact on the bike handling (like it would in reality).

One way could be to artificially lower the fuel consumption of the bike (give it a higher mileage), but this would require a dedicate bike (or bikes) for that kind of race.

As far as I know, there's no such a thing as an "engine wear rate", so that should be fine.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 08, 2015, 11:43:35 AM
As the fuel mass is taken into account in GPB, such large tank would probably have a big impact on the bike handling (like it would in reality).

One way could be to artificially lower the fuel consumption of the bike (give it a higher mileage), but this would require a dedicate bike (or bikes) for that kind of race.

As far as I know, there's no such a thing as an "engine wear rate", so that should be fine.

MaX.

Hi Max.
A very nice alternative solution Max!  ;D
I presume this could be altered in the {bikename].CFG file? If so, this would just be a simple alteration which would enable a dedicated bike pack for this event; I could do this myself(with the permission of the bike authors of course).  :)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

As far as I understand, it would be possible to do this via the {bikename}.CFG file? Probably lower the engine wear rate too to enable the engine to run at race pace for the distance? Maybe those in the know could comment on this possibility? Thanks.  ;)

Hawk.
What about the tires? :P I don't think hard will handle 200miles.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on March 08, 2015, 03:50:10 PM

Hawk.
What about the tires? :P I don't think hard will handle 200miles.

A very good point! I didn't think about that. Lol

I think the tyre wear could also be adjusted for the bike-pack for this event quite easily too?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Not sure hard won't make it, but yes, this can be changed too.

Still, it'd probably be better to have pit stops in GPB to do this properly.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 08, 2015, 06:58:13 PM
Not sure hard won't make it, but yes, this can be changed too.

Still, it'd probably be better to have pit stops in GPB to do this properly.

MaX.

Oh... I absolutely agree Max, and it would bring a very interesting element to the race, but if we want an event like this sooner than later then we can make it happen, right?  ;D

Also, if we make it happen then Piboso is more likely to implement more pit-stop functionality in a future release.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Especially since WRS already has the pit-stop stuff.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 08, 2015, 08:07:19 PM
Especially since WRS already has the pit-stop stuff.

MaX.

Oh! Really!!  :o

Then it shouldn't be too much work for Piboso to implement into GPB for next release. No excuses. Lol  ;D

Hawk.

Docfumi

Don't we need a good version of the track as well?  :o
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Hawk

Quote from: docfumi on March 08, 2015, 09:11:46 PM
Don't we need a good version of the track as well?  :o

I could soon sort that out if people want it.  As I said above, I think making it into the old "Classic" track without that silly chicane on the back straight would be the thing to do if I'm going to have to resurface the track. ;)

Hawk.