• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:41:54 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Daily Fun Race Events Poll...... Please vote guys.

Started by Hawk, March 28, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in Daily Fun Races

Yes
No
Maybe

Hawk

We are hoping to organise Daily Fun Race Events for the community to give all riders a chance to participate in race events.

The idea is to hold one fun race event each night at the same time(time yet to yet be decided).
Also to race a different bike category on each night, ie: WSS600 on Monday Nights, SBK1000 on Tuesday Nights, etc, etc......

We need to know how many riders are interested in participating......

Please vote guys.... This is for you.

JJS209

BOBR6 84

Probably wouldnt be able to take part in most events due to work but its a good idea and I would race whenever I can..

Docfumi

This is good as BOB stated, a lot of guys (Old and New) will get the chance to roll.

No Rider Left Behind  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Toomes1

Napalm Nick

OK so I have learnt about 'skinning' the last cupla days and I will learn about setting a dedicated server for the next few days. I saw some good tutorials round here somewhere.  I have 150mb down and 10~20mb up if you think that will be enough?  Keeping the family off every evening might be more tricky. Utilizing one of the existing servers would still be preferred.  But, we have options...

I am happy to run this event if we can agree on keeping it simple. Registrations, skin packs and the like every day in my opinion, will be too much to administer both for the riders and admin in the couple of hours after work and before race practice every evening. I would also need a wing man to take over when I can't do it which may be quite often.

I'm sure we must already have the skin packs from previous races which could be put in the server as a starting point then others can drip-feed in as required?  I need to read up again on the mods database thats kept. Or just use the base default bikes. Its the race fun that's important in this event. Personal custom Skins could be for the more important championships.

I also believe there should be some way of riders saying they will turn up for each race (or I expect it will dry up) by some form of daily 'registration' but it needs to be simple. As yet I haven't thought of a solution to this. A thread each day is the obvious solution but man that's gonna get tiring every day.

The great news is even just today we have 10 people interested so I think its a go-er. 8)

Everyone is invited to chip in their suggestions here please but try to ask yourself if that is the simplest solution first.

Cheers,
Nick (a simpleton)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

I would also like to suggest keeping the same track for one week and increasing the category daily.

For example

WEEK1 - ARAGON

125cc Monday
Moto 3 Tuesday
250gp Wednesday
WSS600 Thursday
SS1000 Friday
Moto 2 Saturday
Gp500 Sunday.

Or whatever people want bearing in mind other races going on that will impact rider numbers on certain days.

This idea will make it easier for all to only check they have the right track once a week and build rider skills at each track.

Just a suggestion comments welcome

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2015, 12:23:45 PM
I would also like to suggest keeping the same track for one week and increasing the category daily.

For example

WEEK1 - ARAGON

125cc Monday
Moto 3 Tuesday
250gp Wednesday
WSS600 Thursday
SS1000 Friday
Moto 2 Saturday
Gp500 Sunday.

Or whatever people want bearing in mind other races going on that will impact rider numbers on certain days.

This idea will make it easier for all to only check they have the right track once a week and build rider skills at each track.

Hi Nick.... +1  ;)

A great idea of yours to keep the one track for the weeks events for the reasons you've stated, and then change the track to another track for the next week and so on.  8)

Hawk.

malve

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2015, 12:23:45 PM

For example

WEEK1 - ARAGON

125cc Monday
Moto 3 Tuesday
250gp Wednesday
WSS600 Thursday
SS1000 Friday
Moto 2 Saturday
Gp500 Sunday.

+1 !!!
GP Bikes Germany - www.gp-bikes.de

Hawk

March 28, 2015, 03:08:19 PM #9 Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:10:48 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2015, 12:12:05 PM
     OK so I have learnt about 'skinning' the last cupla days and I will learn about setting a dedicated server for the next few days. I saw some good tutorials round here somewhere.  I have 150mb down and 10~20mb up if you think that will be enough?  Keeping the family off every evening might be more tricky. Utilizing one of the existing servers would still be preferred.  But, we have options...

I am happy to run this event if we can agree on keeping it simple. Registrations, skin packs and the like every day in my opinion, will be too much to administer both for the riders and admin in the couple of hours after work and before race practice every evening. I would also need a wing man to take over when I can't do it which may be quite often.

I'm sure we must already have the skin packs from previous races which could be put in the server as a starting point then others can drip-feed in as required?  I need to read up again on the mods database thats kept. Or just use the base default bikes. Its the race fun that's important in this event. Personal custom Skins could be for the more important championships.

I also believe there should be some way of riders saying they will turn up for each race (or I expect it will dry up) by some form of daily 'registration' but it needs to be simple. As yet I haven't thought of a solution to this. A thread each day is the obvious solution but man that's gonna get tiring every day.

The great news is even just today we have 10 people interested so I think its a go-er. 8)

Everyone is invited to chip in their suggestions here please but try to ask yourself if that is the simplest solution first.

Cheers,
Nick (a simpleton)

A good way to keep the promotion/rider registration forum posts to a complete minimum workload is to have a standard "Daily Fun Race Event" page that can be copy pasted for the next days event only leaving very little details to have to alter to complete. This way you wouldn't have to completely re-write a new forum post for every days events.
Also to post say a weeks event promotion thread posts in advance. Certainly once the promotional threads for each track and bike category had been done then the task would get even easier for copy pasting for the next events. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain?  ;) :)

Personally I'm trying to keep out of organising this as much as possible because of my current workload with personal work and the Track Downloads Database together with the Track and Bike Mod projects that I'm currently working on, otherwise I'll be that fully loaded up with working for the community that I'll be hard pressed to find time for anything else. Already getting an ear bashing from the family. Lol.  ;D

I'll certainly help were I can.  ;)

Hawk.

JJS209

March 28, 2015, 03:15:40 PM #10 Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:19:20 PM by JJS209
looks like we got an uncertain result... :O

Maybe another, following poll would be usefull to decide which classes whould be in the week.

GP125 and/or Moto3;

GP250 and/or SSP600 and/or Moto 2;

STK1000 and/or SBK and/or GP500 and/or GP800 and/or GP1000;

/////////

@hawk maybe we could open up a new sectiong in RACING called somethink like "Daily Races" and e.g. a thread with the date and the todays raceinfos inside.
5/6/7 Days and 9/10 classes (-GP800?)

////////

like hawk already said, we will need someone who will do the work. and i think it will be a lot to keep it daily actual. so it would maybe good when there would be more than just one guy doing this.

Napalm Nick

All points taken thank you.

Hawk - yes totally understand mate you are doing a lions share already that's why I'm happy to run with it. Will get my head around your suggestions ASAP.

JJ - Yes fully understand the actual classes will no doubt be whatever is most popular - we will iron out these details in due course.   Are you volunteering to be my Wingman in the running of this?

Everyone else who has commented and voted - thanks for your support.

Would you believe, thanks to the forum tutorials and JJs PM's actually have a server up! Called Daily Race Server. Still needs testing and fine tuning and the PC it is hosted on needs all the tracks, Bikes, etc loaded but Im cheering so far.

If anyone has the time to see if they can join etc please let me know your findings.  Dont expect it to work all properly just yet Im just playing but I cant do any more on it for a few hours now. Use Default bikes only.......MotoGP Quallie time!

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on March 28, 2015, 03:15:40 PM
looks like we got an uncertain result... :O

Maybe another, following poll would be usefull to decide which classes whould be in the week.

GP125 and/or Moto3;

GP250 and/or SSP600 and/or Moto 2;

STK1000 and/or SBK and/or GP500 and/or GP800 and/or GP1000;

/////////

@hawk maybe we could open up a new sectiong in RACING called somethink like "Daily Races" and e.g. a thread with the date and the todays raceinfos inside.
5/6/7 Days and 9/10 classes (-GP800?)

////////

like hawk already said, we will need someone who will do the work. and i think it will be a lot to keep it daily actual. so it would maybe good when there would be more than just one guy doing this.

Good idea JJ!!  ;D

The forum "Global Moderator" (WALKEN) is the man to contact to arrange that. But first it needs to be decided who is going to be the "Events Promotor" to deal with all the forum posts required because for Walken to arrange a special dedicated section in the forum "Racing" thread he will need to assign a person or persons as "Moderators" of those dedicated sections of the forum.

I think considering the poll was posted very late last night(if not even the early morning of today), the response of 14 riders so far is very good.  I think we could do with around 30 to make sure we always have a good number of riders on the grid, this will allow for a large percentage who will probably not want to race everyday. If we don't get enough riders make it worth putting on an event everyday, then we can always cut it down to say two events per week depending on the call for it.  :)

I will make a new poll to decide which bike categories riders want during the week.  ;)

Hawk
PS: We already have Nick and JJS on board, but we need aothers to help also. So anyone who is willing to help organise these Daily Race Events please speak up.... This is a chance for you to get involved.  ;D 8)

Donnie

This would be great for me.  More often than not I can't make organised races due to work and with the season starting up again weekends are a no go.

JJS209

for sure i will help you with that, but also my time is restricted. so i can't be there every evening.

i think the best would be to make some "easy" daily-race-schedule. e.g. starts every evening on 20.00 CEST; how the rider sign-in; when sign-in is closed;... things like that.
the more easy these things are, the better/faster/easyer would the orga of the races would be, i think.

if there would be 4 or 5 reliable Orga's, i would like ti give it a try.