• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Timed bike reset

Started by davidboda46, April 01, 2015, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

As it is now, the bike can roll on for miles after a crash, and that can ruin a whole race (not to mention how annoying it is when practicing). It doesn't matter how hard you bash the reset button, the bike will go on until it comes to a complete halt, or the engine cuts out. My suggestion is a time delay on the reset (you still have to push the reset button), like 2 sec or something like that. That way you still suffer some time for crashing but it doesn't ruin your entire race. In offline mode I suggest that you would be able to reset as soon as the rider has fallen off the bike.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Klax75

This has been suggested before, I agree. If the rider is off the bike, after X amount of seconds you should be able to reset the bike.

Also we should be reset off track now. Since before riding on the grass or gravel was instant slip and fall. But now we can do it, it just slows you down.

HornetMaX

One of the most requested and trivial to implement features. Still hard to understand why it has been ignored ...

MaX.

Hawk

I'm all for having a reset button for if the bike does it's traveling along the track without it's rider business, but I think an option to reset the bike just because you ride off track onto grass or sand is very arcadia.

But the better option in my opinion would be to force the bike to fall over if the rider is not on the bike, after say 5 seconds, that would better represent any time loss. in my opinion.  :P

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Running like a bat out of hell to get to the bike, pick it up, dust it down, bend the brake levers back up and set off again like SBK2001 gets my vote.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 02, 2015, 10:31:45 AM
Running like a bat out of hell to get to the bike, pick it up, dust it down, bend the brake levers back up and set off again like SBK2001 gets my vote.

+1 Nick  ;)

To also include the "Ragdoll" rider physics would be great too!  ;D

Hawk

JJS209

Klax75

My only thing is running back to the bike, I like the idea.

But...

People suck, lol. So you will have someone in a online race, that wants to be funny or is annoyed. Run on the track, and stand there. Even if you can't hit them, would be very distracting to come flying around the corning or coming down a straight to see some moron running around in circles on the track.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: JJS209 on April 02, 2015, 12:35:43 PM
just dont fall ;)

haha JJ yes that's always best. Not an option for Sir Napalm crash-a-lot.  :D

Quote from: Klax75 on April 02, 2015, 12:38:48 PM
People suck, lol. So you will have someone in a online race, that wants to be funny or is annoyed. Run on the track, and stand there. Even if you can't hit them, would be very distracting to come flying around the corning or coming down a straight to see some moron running around in circles on the track.
Its OK we will add Machine guns to the bikes  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Eagle

April 09, 2015, 02:55:56 PM #9 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:57:30 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
"My only thing is running back to the bike, I like the idea."

This would be hilarious ! And even steal someone else's bike to run with it. xD

"MAH BABEEEH!"

Olaf Lehmann

April 10, 2015, 08:03:22 PM #10 Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:25:10 PM by Olaf Lehmann
QuoteRunning like a bat out of hell to get to the bike, pick it up, dust it down, bend the brake levers back up and set off again like SBK2001 gets my vote.

I like SBK2001 very much and one thing I like especially is this "big crash". But in SBK2001 the rider runs in a direct line to his bike. So he runs sometimes of the roadway. A better solution would be if he runs beside the roadway.

Olaf

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Olaf Lehmann on April 10, 2015, 08:03:22 PM
[I like SBK2001 very much and one thimg I like especially is this "big crash". But in SBK2001 the rider runs in a direct line to his bike. So he runs sometimes of the roadway. A better solution would be if he runs beside the roadway.

Olaf

Hehe yes I remember sometimes the rider keeps getting knocked down.   Ah yes the crashes were awesome.  15 years old.... ;)