• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:53:10 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Misano time sector problems.... Help please.....

Started by Hawk, April 10, 2015, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi Guys.

I'm having a problem getting the timing sectors to register times on the new version of Misano track I have done.
I've not had this problem since before I learned to use TrackED, but for some reason I just cannot figure out what this problem is, though no doubt the problem is something silly I've missed.

Hoping someone else can take a look at it and see what the problem is through fresh eyes and call me a plonker for making such a silly mistake! Hehe.  ;D

New version of Misano track download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!XYlmBYBJ!c4PvcsMRroFewRMq9uatgH-vzPi7BCampo3Qjg9S_9Y

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hawk.

dibu

Hi Hawk,

your timing works if you shorten the right side of S/F line from 22.000000 to 21.800000

In TrackED switch Draw from Materials to Surfaces. The right side of the S/F has to stay inside the blue pit surface otherwise  it will not work.

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on April 11, 2015, 06:23:34 AM
Hi Hawk,

your timing works if you shorten the right side of S/F line from 22.000000 to 21.800000

In TrackED switch Draw from Materials to Surfaces. The right side of the S/F has to stay inside the blue pit surface otherwise  it will not work.

Hi Dibu...

BRILLIANT!!  ;D

Just goes to show that there is always something new to learn in this game....... I really never new that there was a criteria for setting the length of the S/F timing sector line(staying within that blue pit surface).....

I'm a much relieved and very happy man now, especially as I've also learned something new from you about the workings of TrackED....

Thank you very much for taking the time to investigate this problem Dibu...Very much appreciated mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Bambino

Good morning . Yesterday rolling in Misano for the championship of Moto 3 I spend what you will see in the image several times after falling at the finish line . It is an error if you fall out of the game and all option to resume the race would be lost . One could solve ? I see you've upgraded to Misano_08.NDS.

Also tell you that yesterday rode alongside Jose Reina and not counted me a single Hotlap !

Greetings to all!  :)

LOOPATELI

Hey hawk i forgot to tell you! Can you also fix the finish line? It's made of grass instead of road. Is it easy to change?

Hawk

April 11, 2015, 09:04:31 AM #5 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:08:47 AM by Hawk UK
Quote from: LOOPATELI on April 11, 2015, 08:59:16 AM
Hey hawk i forgot to tell you! Can you also fix the finish line? It's made of grass instead of road. Is it easy to change?

Yes I noticed. Lol

I thought I'd fixed that? Is it still a grass surface in the 0.8 version I sent you?

Hawk.

Edit: Yes changing a surface from grass to asphalt is a very simple procedure. The time involved would usually be in the exporting of the .map file, but in this case, as I'm only working with the .trp file(collision detection mesh) it is a very simple thing to change.

doubledragoncc

Hey H, I see nobody took on the challenge to call you a name so after such great imput from dibu and Bambino I am simply going to say................

"YOU PLONKA!"...............and yes it is correct English to use A and not ER as I is from the east end aint I brov.

Thanks for the great work you plonka

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

dibu

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 11, 2015, 08:46:37 AM
....... I really never new that there was a criteria for setting the length of the S/F timing sector line(staying within that blue pit surface).....
Hi Hawk, don't misunderstand me, it was not ment as a general rule, it fits to the pits of Misano and of some other tracks. But you can get similar problems if a line touches a combination of certain materials. I'm always careful if a line crosses multiple materials/surfaces. Some cominations simply don't work.
I also had an extreme situation (don't remember which track it was) where I had to shorten a Split line to exactly the asphalt borders. As soon as it touched the material outside the track it didn't work anymore.

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on April 11, 2015, 10:15:17 AM
Quote from: Hawk UK on April 11, 2015, 08:46:37 AM
....... I really never new that there was a criteria for setting the length of the S/F timing sector line(staying within that blue pit surface).....
Hi Hawk, don't misunderstand me, it was not ment as a general rule, it fits to the pits of Misano and of some other tracks. But you can get similar problems if a line touches a combination of certain materials. I'm always careful if a line crosses multiple materials/surfaces. Some cominations simply don't work.
I also had an extreme situation (don't remember which track it was) where I had to shorten a Split line to exactly the asphalt borders. As soon as it touched the material outside the track it didn't work anymore.

Hmm... I see what you mean... in that it is not a rule as such, just that sometimes for some reason different surfaces have a possible adverse effect on how the sector lines work when the lines cross over two or more different surfaces. That it is something to be aware of when things don't seem to work as they should do.....

Just wondering if it's a problem with the track mesh(a gap maybe between two different sufaces?) that causes these issues, or whether it's a bug in TrackED that needs looking into at some stage?

Thanks for explaining this to me, I'll make note of this.  ;)

Thanks Dibu! ;)

Hawk.