• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:22:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

APRILIA RSW500

Started by franco pizzagalli, April 10, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badtothebone99

Thank you franco, the bike is awesome, I love it!
Another thing: in my garage I found the original stickers of the aprilia lion and of Jeremy McWilliams' number, it would be great if I can make that bike, so, will you release a template of the bike?

Click like if you love motorbikes ;) https://www.facebook.com/artfmoto?fref=ts

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Klax75

Can I put this in the next Bike MOD?

franco pizzagalli

yes, if you think the model is valid, you can

C21

Did someone test the RSW against the Varese or NSR head to head?
I would like to know the lap time difference (maybe on Philipp Island or Mugello).
Maybe someone raced against a 500V4 and could tell the advantage and disadvantage (handling/acceleration,..) of the current model?
Could not try the RSW yet....so maybe someone can support in this case?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hustin_Jawkins

May 21, 2015, 10:40:49 AM #23 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:42:33 AM by Hustin_Jawkins
Quote from: C21 on May 21, 2015, 09:23:39 AM
Did someone test the RSW against the Varese or NSR head to head?
I would like to know the lap time difference (maybe on Philipp Island or Mugello).
Maybe someone raced against a 500V4 and could tell the advantage and disadvantage (handling/acceleration,..) of the current model?
Could not try the RSW yet....so maybe someone can support in this case?

Basicly: I am not a good rider compared to the champs here, so I won't give you any of my embarassing laptimes :).
Also I'm not that experienced riding 2-strokes. But it is fun anyway.

Just had a short shakedown with the Varese and the Aprilia at Victoria Circuit.
I've been using the stock set up to point out the basic characteristics of the bikes. Just changed front brake laverage to 20mm and tyres to soft on both bikes.
To me the Aprilia seems to be smoother in terms of transitioning from low to medium rpms accelerating. It doesn't point the front into the air as quickly as the Varese does. So the engine is a little friendlier for the rookie me ;).
When it comes to braking the Aprilia was a little more gentle allowing more control with a defecite of brakepower. Had to engage the frontbrake a bit earlier. Riding through slow and medium speed turns the Aprilia had the tendency to understeer. It also starts to chatter at slow speed earlier than the Varese does. Exiting tunrs the Aprilia has been more comfortable to me because it's not as agressive on the rear end.

All in all the Aprilia seems a little easier to ride but that might be more because of my skill (or not having that).

I'll try some setup tweaking now to see how fast and agressive those bikes can go with me riding them.

C21

Thank you for you reply.

QuoteIt doesn't point the front into the air as quickly as the Varese does. So the engine is a little friendlier for the rookie me
Surely, the engine lacks about 40HP compared to the varese  ;)
When it comes to braking the Aprilia was a little more gentle allowing more control with a defecite of brakepower. Had to engage the frontbrake a bit earlier
Ok, that´s what i want to know  :)
QuoteIt also starts to chatter at slow speed earlier than the Varese does
Interesting....
QuoteAll in all the Aprilia seems a little easier to ride but that might be more because of my skill
No no....the VArese and the other V4 derivates are real beasts. I really like the NSR500 but it´s still hard to ride....

how much is the RSW down on v/max compared to the VArese?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

doubledragoncc

Thank you very much for the hard work and great bike

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

franco pizzagalli

Data Aprilia rsw 500

Engine   Two strakes, 90° V2 cilinders, twin counter-rotating shaft, twin rotating disks, liquid cooling, electronically governed Rave valve on exhaust

Brake for stroke   72,8 x 60 mm
Displacement   498 cm3
Max power / revs   more than 140 HP at 11.750 rpm (unleaded fuel)

Carburettors   n° 2 Dell'Orto VHSD 42
Starter   Digital CDI with battery
Gearbox   Six gear extractable
Clutch   Dry multidisk
Frame   Double inclined beam in aluminium
Suspensions   Ohlins reversed fork, diameter 42 mm with double hydraulic regulation. Progressive APS system with Ohlins adjustable shock absorber.

Swing Arm   Main fork in carbon
Brakes   Brembo
Front: twin 290 mm carbon.
Rear: single 190 mm steel disk with four piston calipers

Wheels   magnesium alloy 17" front and rear
Dimension   Weight: 110 kg
Wheelbase: 1.400 mm

franco pizzagalli

Data Cagiva V594

Interasse: 1.390 mm    Massa a vuoto: 130 kg    Serbatoio: 21 litri
Meccanica
Tipo motore: Quadricilindrico a 2 tempi a V di 80°    Raffreddamento: a liquido
Cilindrata    498,3 cm³ (Alesaggio 56,0 x Corsa 50,6 mm)
Distribuzione: lamellare    Alimentazione: Carburatori Mikuni TV da 39 a valvola piatta con power jet elettronico
Potenza: (all'albero) 136 kW (185 CV) a 12.500 rpm, (alla ruota) 130,3 kW (177,2 CV) a 12.600 rpm;
Coppia motrice (alla ruota) 10,5 kgm (103 N·m) a 12.100 rpm    Coppia:    Rapporto di compressione:
Frizione: multidisco a secco    Cambio: sequenziale estraibile a 6 marce (sempre in presa)
Accensione    Magneti Marelli CDI
Trasmissione    a catena
Avviamento    a spinta
Ciclistica
Telaio    doppio trave perimetrale struttura mista carbonio e alluminio
Sospensioni    Anteriore: forcella Ohlins a steli rovesciati da 46mm completamente regolabile "Öhlins" / Posteriore: ammortizzatore completamente regolabile "Öhlins"
Freni    Anteriore: doppio disco in carbonio da 320 mm con pinza monolitica Brembo con 4 pistoncini / Posteriore: disco singolo da 194 mm con pinza Brembo da 2 pistoncini
Pneumatici    anteriore da 3,75 17; posteriore da 6,25 17 Michelin su cerchi Marchesini