• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:01:16 PM

Dyno runs needed :P

Started by Warlock, April 14, 2015, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Is the sound in the video kind of distorted since it's bouncing all over the inside of that room. I'm sure a dyno outside in the open would sound totally different.

Eagle

To make sounds work in gpb, it's mono 23000Hz*16bits, is that right ?

Eagle

>Klax

Doing it outside would have other constraints. Like wind, animals etc...

Warlock

Eagle

Ouuw... It will be much more harder than expected.. I watched some rd500 videos, and depending on the point of view and the intensity of the throttle, the 4 cylinder sound is more or less heard. Then this sound when stagnating the revs...

I'll try my best..

Warlock

Yes, It is hard, if not impossible to make an acceptable 2 stroke sound, without a real good sample.
Too many times i tried with no luck.
A 2stroke sound has a very special personality based on some subtle details, it also varies a lot depending of throttle and load.

I also found the importance of resonances and echoes bouncing on environment, which have a huge impact on what we hear in real life.
Something in my opinion is imposible in mono.

Check this out , minute 1:20
https://www.youtube.com/v/_KMU8UbmFak

https://www.youtube.com/v/41QG2MS6u0Q

Eagle

April 17, 2015, 06:20:35 AM #21 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:22:53 AM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
There's much more things to take in mind to simulate sounds. If we think a bit about it, it's a really basic sound simulation. (and quite old now, since it was used in tdu1 already)

I'll watch these videos when i'm back home and i'll try to make some loopable sounds from the video i made on the 125 2s.

Edit: a problem with riping sounds from a video, the layer1 samples cannot be ripped. :|

BOBR6 84

That corner is mega!! I wanna ride my bike now  :P

Warlock

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on April 16, 2015, 10:44:08 PM
I also found the importance of resonances and echoes bouncing on environment, which have a huge impact on what we hear in real life.
Something in my opinion is imposible in mono.
Well, it's just the sound samples that are mono: the GPB sound engine is stereo.
So it's in general up to the engine to reproduce these effects: you don't have to capture them in the samples.

But for GPB I don't think ambient-specific processing is very important: we don't ride too much in tunnels, under bridges etc. Most of the time it's open air, on a track.

It's different for WRS, where you're sitting inside a car.

MaX.

Eagle

>Max

Doesn't mean it should be ignored. As an ultra-realistic simulation, gpb should cover every little details. (an electronic starter would be awesome too! Why hasn't it been implemented.. D:)

Hawk

I'm not sure I would include an electronic starter for a GP Bike simulator, but anyway.....  :P

What I wanted to say was that personally I think Piboso should really go to town on the sound capabilities on GPB. It's amazing the difference it will make to the rider while he's riding, those subtle differences in noise from ambient sounds to onboard engine sounds need good sound capabilities to make that difference.

Hawk.

Klax75

If I remember right, WSBK have electric starters like road bikes. I know if you watch older WSBK races from say 2008, they had the MotoGP kind of spin the back tire starter. But now they do it from the handle bars. They had been saying WSBK and been getting to far away from the idea of SBK, and was becoming to much of a prototype series.

Eagle

April 17, 2015, 08:46:22 PM #28 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:19:19 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Add the fact that there's off track bikes. So, why not ? Would be quite weird to not be able to restart a Z1000 or an fz6.  ;D

Edit: Hum.. As i expected, the 4 strokes sounds are more deep, less light. The mix isn't really sounding like real 4c 2s. But still continuing.

Since i can't rip the 125's layer1 sounds, the new sound will only use one layer of sounds for both layers.

Edit2: deleted the sounds without seeing it.. Will have to remake everything again.. *facepalm*

Warlock

My last sounds use just 1 original sample for all. I do several copies of the sample and tune them for the different steps, low, mid, high, and for the different layers.
Is the only way i could made smooth transitions between them. And both layers sound like a single one, is awfulll when you can hear both layers since the sound engine mix both layers in different proportions depending of the throttle.
They don't sound like i would like and for sure far from a real sound, but at least they have smooth transitions.