• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

For adults only!!!Project Cars in all its glory

Started by doubledragoncc, May 07, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJS209

doubledragoncc

said she had been real busy on MotoGP racing and I think shes having a break. Im sure she'll be back, and at full speed lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

We`re living in 2015. Spending hours of tuning and tweaking FFB is something of the past. Other sims provide an amazing FFB nearly out of the box ( yes even Reiza does so with the outdated Stock Car Extreme engine ). I`ve spend nearly 4 years getting my FFB right in pCARS and it still feels wonkey to say the least, and i`m no idiot in this department.

Besides that, FFB has nothing to do with how physics are handled. It wasn`t the FFB saving my 500+ HP RWD car from spinning in the wet...

doubledragoncc

Each to their own on that Jamoz. Sorry your not happy m8.

For anyone who wants to get into it seriously here is the apps page for telemetry and other apps

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

I like having to set it up for me and in real life you dont just jump in a car and drive, just like GPB!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

Don`t get me wrong. It`s a nice game. But nowhere as close to terms of physics and handling as let`s say Assetto Corsa or RF2. Those 2 sims make me work for my results, where as in pCARS i can put in fastest lap after lap while thinking what i`m going to have for dinner that night or if i forgot to call my mom yesterday...

JJS209

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 09, 2015, 09:06:13 AM
said she had been real busy on MotoGP racing and I think shes having a break. Im sure she'll be back, and at full speed lol.

DD
dont feed the troll  ::)

doubledragoncc

LOL JJ

I just saw that AMD graphic chipset is a major issue as no real support for them yet due to AMD not being helpful. Hope it works out for you Jamoz, I hate to have an easy race so set all to real and ensure that EVERY cars FFB is setup each time I change a car or track.

Love AC too and far better car list really. I find AC easier to drive in?

DD

JamoZ

May 09, 2015, 03:45:46 PM #22 Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:49:42 PM by JamoZ
Well, i just engaged in an online GT3 race and my god, i don`t know what kind of drugs the people at SMS took when they developed this thing but there is no way on earth you can tell me a high downforce, slick wheeled racecar can understeer that much with every movement of the steering wheel, even on low speeds the front went everywhere. The game is a total mess physics wise. Some cars are very decent with good FFB. Other cars don`t make any sense at all with very very bad FFB.

If this is how a racecar would handle, then i think alot of people would search for a different hobby or job and would pick up chess or snooker instead.
Besides that, how can (GT3) cars feel so similar in RF2, AC & iRacing and so completely weird and unreal in pCARS....

Oh well, after all this is the "revolutionary" sim they`ve been developing for the past 4 years and i`m beginning to think the other developers might be completely wrong  ::)

*and before someone starts asking "herp derp, did you plugin your FFB wheel correctly, or give the tires some time to warm up derp derp". I`ve been simracing for 10 years, don`t bother  ;)

grimm

DD, my apologies, but I really don't share any of the enthusiasm for Project Cars. It just doesn't feel as raw and gritty as I prefer. Unless they work out the handling a bit I'll just stick with AC and Live for Speed.

Lifting inside front wheel on Bathurst cork screws, catching a full on wheelie off a hill, or steering a mid rear with the throttle through a slippery off camber corner keeps me coming back to AC over and over again. And after some years league racing on LFS with CTRA (I was never much good, but it was ultra fun!) in a hatch back tin top rubbing panels and bumpers trying to maintain the highest apex speed possible and pulling a draft pass at 95mph (felt far faster in a pack of 20+ cars) I still prefer the function over form approach to simulators.

I would lump P Cars into the pile with Gran Turismo, Forza, and most other "sims" that come and go over the years. Don't get it wrong either, those games are fun and all, and bursting at the seams with eye candy and content, but once you've driven or built one really good car, it's difficult to not feel that in every car you drive after it, and think, wow, I could just do this to every car setup, and desired results against the AI are pretty much standard issue every race since dropping a wheel doesn't punish me with a huge in-lift and a tail happy exit from the grass/dirt back onto the track. Not faulting the way it feels, just saying I don't need console compatible E for everyone forgiveness in my racing titles.

I'm gonna stick with the raw and gritty ones like Live for Speed, Richard Burns Rally, rFactor, and Assetto Corsa.

Hawk

Personally I think anything created for consoles and then converted over to a PC is a big sign it will be a waste of money, especially were simulations is concerned. :P ::)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 09, 2015, 08:14:13 PM
Personally I think anything created for consoles and then converted over to a PC is a big sign it will be a waste of money, especially were simulations is concerned. :P ::)
But the reasons are unclear: an xbox is essentially a PC.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 09, 2015, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on May 09, 2015, 08:14:13 PM
But the reasons are unclear: an xbox is essentially a PC.

MaX.

Well yes Max, the Xbox has always been, and now the PS4 are essentially a PC in fixed hardware terms, but try running and operating an application like Maya or 3ds Max on a console and you'll soon realise the difference.  :P
One is purely for games..... The other is for more serious business, including running true simulations.  ;D

But generally games designed for console and then converted to PC are full of bugs, non-supported, and lack the good controller support available to PC's. In other words they are a waste of space.

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Another girly car racing game..  ::)

Lol.. I have it though! Its ok.. Fun game. I like the single player career stuff and the tracks, weather etc etc..

Be real nice to have these tracks in gpbikes.. Especially oulton park.. Mega track!

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 09, 2015, 10:44:20 PM
Well yes Max, the Xbox has always been, and now the PS4 are essentially a PC in fixed hardware terms, but try running and operating an application like Maya or 3ds Max on a console and you'll soon realise the difference.  :P

One is purely for games..... The other is for more serious business, including running true simulations.  ;D
You seem to think a "true simulator" requires ultra high-end hardware, which is mostly wrong. GPB/WRS/KRP all have very minimal hw requirements, much less than less sim-oriented games.
What is demanding is graphics, that's all. I'm sure GPB could be ported to consoles (not saying it's worth the effort).

And why would one run maya on a console ?! Consoles are for playing, no need for Maya to play.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Gotta agree with a lot of what you guys are saying, but I have taken hours on the FFB settings and it takes ages to get it right PER car. There is a lot about this issue and I have just downloaded a new FFB file SMS say will help. Gotta try it and see.

I think AC is far better out of the box and MODS make a BIG difference too.

I use a Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel and T3PA pedals and it took forever to get a good feel from it. I think SMS made some major mistakes before the release and were just pressured to get it out that now we have to wait for it to get fixed..........go figure lol

Its been great to have all the input from you all, thanks

DD