• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:36:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Special race Event Suggestion List.

Started by Napalm Nick, May 16, 2015, 06:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guigui404

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 16, 2015, 09:17:12 PM
I like the idea GuiGui.

How will we know everyone uses same setup? ???

Added
Hum we can only trust the riders :/

guigui404

Rain race , not so imaginative but not on the list :) !

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

aprilia RSA 250 race at mallory park!  8) the 250 is a great bike.. tried it at brno and its sweet as a nut  ;)

PeterV

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 18, 2015, 06:25:24 PM
aprilia RSA 250 race at mallory park!  8) the 250 is a great bike.. tried it at brno and its sweet as a nut  ;)
250 against Moto2 ?

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

Thanks, added.

BTW.   1st event details coming very soon  :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

What about real weather for any race events held? Real weather data is easily available on the internet and wouldn't take much to set the server to the actual real weather for the event.... Personally this would make the races a lot more interesting to ride in.  ;)

If you decide this is a good idea, then best to test to see if the full length replay of rain races save properly, and I'm presuming the issue with the rain spray will be sorted out for beta 7?  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

We can try Hawk. 
We can try.....

So far if I select real weather on the server it seems to randomly change track and air temp per event.   Is it supposed to do anything else?

Rain event scheduled for test

1st post updated.

Hawk

Just thought I'd add a suggestion to one already mentioned in your list Nick, for those brave enough to race with DST:

• DST/NO ASSISTS /Helmet View Only Racing - Triple points!

Riding DST with helmet view only and no assists is so difficult that I think triple points would be only fair if your giving double points to cockpit view no assists riders. Plus this maybe will give some encouragement for others to give DST and Cockpit view only a try?  ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 19, 2015, 08:29:13 AM
We can try Hawk. 
We can try.....

So far if I select real weather on the server it seems to randomly change track and air temp per event.   Is it supposed to do anything else?

Rain event scheduled for test

1st post updated.

When I said real weather, I was talking about looking up on the internet what the local weather is at the race event location and setting the real weather conditions in your GPB server the same: Wind strength and direction/Rain(Heavy/Light/Torrential)/Temp/Sunny/Cloudy, etc, etc.....

Not sure if that would still randomly change the settings you input as you say above? Maybe a bug? Don't know....  :-\

Would be good to fully test this in the test event to see if it works well.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

DST Triple points gets my Vote  8) Lead the way Klax  ;)

I think the realistic weather setting just picks one at random at the start of a session. I just had Practice and Qually in the Wet and a Dry race! I like that randomness! Wasn't long enough sessions to see if the rain stopped and the track dried etc. But good.

Must dig out the forecasts for 1978.....lol.

1st post updated!

Hawk

Pretty cold at this time of year in 1978 I would think. LOL   ;D

Hawk.